Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New releases to look forward to in 2012??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

RayCon wrote: »
    Will definately buy :
    Rush
    Storm Corrosion
    Anathema

I may also buy :
    Howlin' Rain
    North Atlantic Oscilation

Bit of a mixed bag of an album. Some glorious throwbacks to 70's (and 60's) rock on it, but some tracks that only work if you are in the mood for them. More good than bad though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

new slayer and ghost albums

Didn't expect to see a new album from Slayer this year. Hope i'm wrong and they do get something out late this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

Kess73 wrote: »
    Bit of a mixed bag of an album. Some glorious throwbacks to 70's (and 60's) rock on it, but some tracks that only work if you are in the mood for them. More good than bad though.

Im liking what Ive heard so far .... although one or two tunes tend to meander without delivering any punch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭RayCon

RayCon wrote: »
    Im liking what Ive heard so far .... although one or two tunes tend to meander without delivering any punch.

Im changing my mind completely about this album to the point it's becoming vital.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

Joe Walsh - Analog Man
    Glenn Frey - After Hours
    Squackett - A life within a day (Chris Squire & Steve Hackett)
    Carlos Santana - Shape shifter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Hmm I guess I am looking forward to

Green Day's 3 albums
    Alice in Chains
    Bullet For My Valentine
    Gojira
    The Darkness (don't judge)
    QOTSA
    Biffy Clyro
    and Feeder, but that was out today and its pretty good!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Hmm I guess I am looking forward to

Green Day's 3 albums
    Alice in Chains
    Bullet For My Valentine
    Gojira
    The Darkness (don't judge)
    QOTSA
    Biffy Clyro
    and Feeder, but that was out today and its pretty good!

I'd judge you more for these 2 tbh :P

I'd judge you more for these 2 tbh :P
    I'm not ashamed :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Testament - Dark Roots of Earth

Kreator - Phantom Antichrist

Rush - Clockwok Angels

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Storm Corrosion - Storm Corrosion (May 7th)

Rush - Clockwork Angels (May 29th)

Fear Factory - The Industrialist (June 5th)

Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage (June 26)

Cult of Luna - TBA (June)

Devin Townsend - Casualties of Cool (TBA) + Epicloud (Sept) + Ghost 2 (TBA)

Deftones - TBA (Sept/Oct)

Katatonia - TBA (Sept)

Tool - TBA

Queens of The Stone Age - TBA

Cynic - TBA

Between The Buried and Me - TBA

Palms - TBA (New project featuring ex members of Isis with Chino Moreno on vocals)

Omnium Gatherum - TBA

Blackfield - TBA

Altar of Plagues - TBA

Long Distance Calling - TBA

Om - TBA

God Is An Astronaut - TBA (2013)

• Advertisement

Liking the sound of the new Stone Sour album. According to reports its supposedly a heavy 2 disc concept album that sounds like a mix between Pink Floyd and Alice In Chains

• Registered Users Posts: 13,005 ✭✭✭✭bnt

rednik wrote: »
    Squackett - A life within a day (Chris Squire & Steve Hackett)
    Another one here looking forward to Squackett - if the samples here are any guide, it sounds awesome.

Trevor Rabin's Jacaranda was released a couple of weeks ago, and it's flipping mental. HD Tracks has samples to try.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Grand Magus - The Hunt comes on this friday.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

New Tomahawk out this year, Oddfellows, that's one I'll be looking forward to! Here's the teaser for it which was released a couple of weeks ago on Ipecac's website;

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Kess73 wrote: »
    Grand Magus - The Hunt comes on this friday.:)

Cool. I hadn't heard them until Amon Amarth's last gig. I was blown away!! I'll definitely check that out

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    Cool. I hadn't heard them until Amon Amarth's last gig. I was blown away!! I'll definitely check that out

They are a cracking live band. New album is very good, picked it up earlier rather than order it online as I wanted to listen to it asap.

Is anyone getting the new Ahab album actually?

Wouldn't be a massive Doom expert, but I came across them checking out the doom thread and really liked their stuff.

The title track of the album can be listened to here. I love it.

Would Sound Cellar or something stock the likes of this, or will I have to buy online? I don't normally get much stuff in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Planemo

Wouldn't be a massive Doom expert, but I came across them checking out the doom thread and really liked their stuff.

The title track of the album can be listened to here. I love it.

Would Sound Cellar or something stock the likes of this, or will I have to buy online? I don't normally get much stuff in there.
    Into The Void have it I think.

The new Old Man Gloom is killer, and Primitive Weapons - The Shadow Gallery is an album to check out if you're into Converge

Yes I'll be giving it a listen at some stage, it's out today isn't it?

I liked the crushing atmosphere of the Moby Dick themed The Call Of The Wretched Sea, I imagine this will be in the same vein.

Into The Void have it I think.

The new Old Man Gloom is killer, and Primitive Weapons - The Shadow Gallery is an album to check out if you're into Converge

Cool, I've never been there. I'll drop in.

Don't know any of those bands, but I'll have a listen!
    As xerces said, Call of the Wretched Sea is a beast of an album that really struck me. Don't know the genre much really.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Definitely, I've been something of an advocate for them in the past :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Short answer no. They might offer to order it in but you'll save yourself 10-15€ just ordering it online yourself and you'll get it much much quicker.

Katatonia's new album title and release date has been unveiled.

181863_10150925777879907_5954199906_9594593_1542342895_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Just ordered in Ahab - The Giant in a local shop, can't wait to get it :D

Between The Buried And Me have revealed their new album details:
    Progressive rock/cutting-edge metal innovators BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME have set "The Parallax II: Future Sequence" as the title of their new full-length album. The CD, which clocks in at approximately 72 minutes, will be released October 9 and features artwork from Charlotte, North Carolina artist and designer Chandler Owen (UNDEROATH, SHAI HULUD, HOPESFALL). The group — Tommy Rogers (vocals / keyboards), Paul Waggoner (guitar), Dustie Waring (guitar), Blake Richardson (drums / percussion) Dan Briggs (bass) — is currently preparing for its direct support slot on the Summer Slaughter tour that kicks off in Los Angeles, California at the House of Blues on Friday, July 20.

"The Parallax II: Future Sequence" was recorded at The Basement Studios in Winston-Salem, North Carolina with longtime friend of the band and producer Jamie King. Jamie engineered, mixed and mastered "The Parallax II: Future Sequence", which makes this the sixth release Jamie and BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME have worked together on.

Regarding the concept of "The Parallax II: Future Sequence", the new full-length album picks up where the 2011 EP, "The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues", left off.

"The two main characters of the story take on a journey through space and time with the unenviable task of having to cure the flaws of humanity by any means necessary," comments guitarist Paul Waggoner. "While the EP served mostly as an introduction to the characters, 'Future Sequence' contains the action of the story. The lyrics are written in the stream of consciousness style, which really helps to capture the perspective and emotion of the characters. We really enjoyed the challenge of writing this record, and I think we were all pleasantly surprised with how well the music and lyrics jived with one another. I couldn't be happier with how 'Future Sequence' turned out."

Vocalist and keyboardist Tommy Rogers adds his thoughts on the musical direction of "The Parallax II: Future Sequence": "This album is BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME on steroids. I feel like we have created an album that perfectly mirrors the band we've been trying to create since day one. An album that has sounds that will stimulate many genres and music fans alike. A conceptual journey that takes the listener to worlds that seem familiar and worlds that make you scratch your head. From start to finish this is music we want to create, not music we think people want us to create. We create songs that keep us (and hopefully you) excited about heavy music. Keep listening… something new will be there each time. Enjoy the music… we enjoyed writing it."

"The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues" (released in April 2011) is a three-song strong, 30-minute tour de force of modern heavy music. Produced and engineered by the Grammy award–winning David Bottrill (TOOL, MUSE, KING CRIMSON, DREAM THEATER) with BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME, the record soared to No. 54 on The Billboard 200 chart in its first week of release while landing the No. 5 spot on the Hard Music chart, and No. 8 on the Independent Albums chart in its first week of release. "The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues" also debuted in Canada charting at Mo. 62 on the Top 200 Current chart, No. 6 on the Hard chart, and No. 14 on the Independent chart.
    563451_10151036240613189_1779403906_n.jpg

I liked The Parallax: Hypersleep Dialogues so I'm really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

The new Mono album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Anyone picked up the new Ahab yet?

Worth getting?

I've been meaning to pick up a record from these lads for a while now and don't know whether the start with the new one or Call of the Wretched Sea.

Anyone picked up the new Ahab yet?

Worth getting?

I've been meaning to pick up a record from these lads for a while now and don't know whether the start with the new one or Call of the Wretched Sea.
    I got it, thought it was great, though if I was pushed I'd say Call is better.

Devin Townsend's Epicloud will be out on Sept 24th.

120.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Effervescent
    02. Taurus
    03. Animals
    04. Liberation
    05. Back Where We Belong
    06. Save Our Now
    07. Kingdom
    08. Divine
    09. Grace
    10. More!
    11. Heatwave
    12. Hold On
    13. Angel

• Advertisement

Anaal Nathrakh have a new album coming soon, release date is set (for the moment at least) for October 15th, so I'm definitely gonna be getting that.

Advertisement