Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New releases to look forward to in 2012??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

The first of four new Down EP's Down IV Part I - The Purple EP will be out on Sept 18th.

17425-1.jpg174251.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Levitation
    02. Witchtripper
    03. Open Coffins
    04. The Curse Is A Lie
    05. This Work Is Timeless
    06. Misfortune Teller

First single "Witchtripper" streaming here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

testamentdarkrootsofearth.jpg?w=450&h=450

is out now.

And it is old school, baby.

Much closer in sound to Practise What You Preach or The New Order than it is to The Formation Of Damnation.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Been waiting on Antennas to Hell for a while now and I love it, the first CD is a good mix of the old hits but its the live @ download stuff that really rocks. New album by Hellyeah is great too, Band of Brothers being one of the best tracks on there.

image002.jpg

Buying, off the top of my head:

Dark Roots of Earth by Testament
    Art of Self Defense by High on Fire
    Danger in the Dark by Prayer
    Obedience Thru Suffering by Crowbar
    Antipop by Primus
    Something Like Human by Fuel
    Dead End Kings by Katatonia
    X by The 69 Eyes
    Awakened by As I Lay Dying
    House Of Gold And Bones by Stone Sour
    The Scarred People by Tiamat
    Silverthorn by Kamelot

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

These are the some I will buy.

The Defiled
    Nonpoint
    Love and Death
    and I think Mark Tremonti album will be sweet too

RB100 wrote: »
    These are the some I will buy.

The Defiled
    Nonpoint
    Love and Death
    and I think Mark Tremonti album will be sweet too

Is an album that really surprised me. Much heavier in places than I expected, and damn does he have a good voice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

Sylosis have a new album "Monolith" out in October. If it's anything like Edge Of The Earth I'll be getting it.

Kess73 wrote: »
    Is an album that really surprised me. Much heavier in places than I expected, and damn does he have a good voice.
    yea he does have a really good voice. his songs have an alter bridge vibe about them which is always acceptable ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Witchtripper is class! I'm really excited about the rest of Down's new stuff and Phil Anselmo's solo album.

I got Oceania by Smashing Pumpkins there last month and it's really good, worth the wait.

Oh yea, Antennas To Hell, I saw it in Tower and had totally forgotten it was due out! Gotta get that.

Also, I'm counting down the days until Stone Sour release HoGaB Part 1. I saw Corey perform Taciturn at Download and it was a great taster.

RB100 wrote: »
    yea he does have a really good voice. his songs have an alter bridge vibe about them which is always acceptable ;)

Quite a lot of 80's and 90's influences on the album as well, especially in the guitarwork and drumming.

Songs like Wish You Well and Brains could pop up on late 80's/early 90's metal albums in terms of the sound of the gutar, bass and drum parts.

Vocally I think he is very much a product of his Creed and Alter Bridge background in terms of singing style and tone.

Have to say that I am enjoying the album far more than Alter Bridge's last album.

Quite a lot of 80's and 90's influences on the album as well, especially in the guitarwork and drumming.

Songs like Wish You Well and Brains could pop up on late 80's/early 90's metal albums in terms of the sound of the gutar, bass and drum parts.

Vocally I think he is very much a product of his Creed and Alter Bridge background in terms of singing style and tone.

Have to say that I am enjoying the album far more than Alter Bridge's last album.
    I have not heard the whole album just a few songs so will look into it but the bands I mentioned earlier are the ones I am looking forward to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

New Neurosis album coming out on the 29th of October, titled Honor Found In Decay. No other real details going yet but the press release for this can be found here.

Deftones' new album is entitled 'KOI NO YOKAN' and will be released on Nov 13th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

D7ACB91605394B39B28B68EFA57DFCDD-0000336305-0002993057-00480L-2214B2B4F91E434CB30AF44AD84BBE8F.jpg

Released on Oct 29th and hopefully a tour to promote. First two albums were superb so a lot to live up to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 6ftTallGuy

Looking forward to the new Aerosmith album,kinda sucks having to wait 3 more months until it's released, does anyone know why the release date was pushed back to November?

Soundgarden's new album is entitled King Animal and will be released on Nov 13th, for anyone interested.

soundgardenkinganimale1.jpg

1. Been Away Too Long
    2. Non-State Actor
    3. By Crooked Steps
    4. A Thousand Days Before
    5. Blood On The Valley Floor
    6. Bones Of Birds
    7. Taree
    8. Attrition
    9. Black Saturday
    10. Halfway There
    11. Worse Dreams
    12. Eyelid's Mouth
    13. Rowing

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

rednik wrote: »
    D7ACB91605394B39B28B68EFA57DFCDD-0000336305-0002993057-00480L-2214B2B4F91E434CB30AF44AD84BBE8F.jpg

Released on Oct 29th and hopefully a tour to promote. First two albums were superb so a lot to live up to.

Glenn Hughes was talking to Classic Rock mag this month and he said there was unlikely to be a tour for this album due to Joe's commitments elsewhere. He even hinted that this may be the last BCC album for the same reason, although he specifically said this was not the case at the moment, but the future was uncertain.

xerces wrote: »
    Deftones' new album is entitled 'Koi No Yokan' and will be released on Nov 13th.

1. Poltergeist
    2. Romantic Dreams
    3. Leathers
    4. Swerve City
    5. Entombed
    6. Graphic Nature
    7. Tempest
    8. Gauze
    9. Rosemary
    10. Goon Squad
    11. What Happened To You?

Free and legal download of the track 'Leathers' here (limited time only).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Cill94

Not bad. I wouldn't buy the album until I hear another track or two though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Aye, it certainly sets up the new album anyway. Diamond Eyes was very good.

blastman wrote: »
    Glenn Hughes was talking to Classic Rock mag this month and he said there was unlikely to be a tour for this album due to Joe's commitments elsewhere. He even hinted that this may be the last BCC album for the same reason, although he specifically said this was not the case at the moment, but the future was uncertain.

I read that and I also read that before Jon Lord died, he Hughes and Coverdale were considering doing something next year to mark the 40th anniversary of their version of Deep Purple. Blackmore was a no go but they have not completely ruled anything out yet.

Joe has just announced more tour dates in the new year and BCC have announced just one date in Wolverhampton so at the moment it's not looking good for Glenn.

• Advertisement

01B97BC734F64982A6B3934736FCDA65-0000336305-0003018707-00500L-4E24B7838A184B25AF5FEB5F0678646F.png

Long time since Don released a solo album.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

His book was a good read, though :)

blastman wrote: »
    His book was a good read, though :)

It sure was.

BCC have just cancelled that one date next year, doesn't look good.

http://www.planetrock.com/news/rock-news/black-country-communion-cancel-gig/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

New song from Neurosis, "At the Well", can be listened to here. New album, "Honor Found in Decay", should be out before the end of the month.

EDIT: youtube link:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 johnadom

Has anyone checked out Dokkens new single? Also looking forward to hearing some new Aerosmith!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

There 3 albums I'm waiting for..

Deftones - Koi No Yokan
    deftones-tempest2.jpeg

Pig Destroyer- Book Burner.
    Horns+Up+Rocks+Pig+Destroyer+Book+Burner+Album+Cover

Converge - All The We Love, We Leave Behind
    2e24e69dfb9a11e1c41ad02f1e5b8069.jpg

Stone Sour's House Of Gold And Bones Part 1 is released this month, definetly going to buy it

Gone Sovereign/Absolute Zero
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfrMNqxBPcU

RU486
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUTG8HkXyuY

6ftTallGuy wrote: »
    Stone Sour's House Of Gold And Bones Part 1 is released this month, definetly going to buy it

Gone Sovereign/Absolute Zero
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfrMNqxBPcU

RU486
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUTG8HkXyuY

Out tomorrow in Ireland

Out tomorrow in Ireland

Nice, i'll try and pick it up on Monday if i can

• Advertisement

This was released on Friday and I bought it yesterday. Going to give it a spin today.

78B3824DD3B04419BEDE561D36D0423E-0000336305-0003050220-00400L-5C7CF50FCE1348599E6279050BDED647.jpg

Advertisement