Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto park or Heritage Park Wexford for Easter Holidays day out

Options
  • 01-04-2012 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

I trying to plan a day out with two children and Grannie for Easter Break. Options are going round Dublin on an open top bus, trip to Tayto Park, stopping off at Blanchardstown Shopping Centre or trip to Heritage Park follwed by shopping in Wexford Town. We will be travelling from Wicklow so Heritage Park is the easiest option but we could probably go there anytime. Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

bisset wrote: »
    I trying to plan a day out with two children and Grannie for Easter Break. Options are going round Dublin on an open top bus, trip to Tayto Park, stopping off at Blanchardstown Shopping Centre or trip to Heritage Park follwed by shopping in Wexford Town. We will be travelling from Wicklow so Heritage Park is the easiest option but we could probably go there anytime. Any advice welcome.

How old are the kids? Admittedly it has been about 5 years since I was last at the heritage park but I don't know how much value kids under 8 would get from it. They sometimes run special events which I have heard are good so maybe contact them to check of your dates are any way flexible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

bisset wrote: »
    What about the Viking splash tour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

i went to the heritage park a b.k (before kids) :)
    Its a great day out with plenty of space for the younger kids to run around.
    The tours are good with the guide in period dress.

The only problem I can see would be the gravel path for prams and the hills.
    I had to push a wheelchair on the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

What about the Viking splash tour?
    We did that yesterday and could definitely recommend it but (a) it's quite expensive: €60 for a family of 4 and (b) only lasts an hour and a half so you'd need to add in some other activities to make a "day" out of it: Dublinia would be an obvious match or perhaps National History Museum (to see the Viking artefacts).

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Kids are 7 and 9. We've done Dublinia and I'm not sure if Grannie would like Splash tour. I'll keep an open mind and see what the weather is going to be like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭loishasdied

we went to tayto park from arklow and it took exactly an hour, leaving in non rush our traffic. we had kids from 1 to 8 and they ALL enjoyed it, as did the grown ups, i don't see any reason why granny wouldn't love it too - is comfortable, educational, fun and not much walking. couldn't recomend it enough and am going back next week. have never been to heritage park but can't see the journey being any less than an hour from wicklow? enjoy your day whatever you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Ashbourne hoop

Cant go wrong with Tayto Park, great spot with a fab restaurant(it does get very busy though). If you do go, get the annueal family ticket. Its about €120 but 3 visits and you have your money back.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

We went to Taytopark and enjoyed it. Might go back in the summer but we live too far away for a year's membership to make sense for us.

We also did a day trip to the Planetarium in Armagh. The theatre shows were booked out but they had a fair amount of activity and the children definitly enjoyed it. Best thing was we didnt have to pay as we did not get to see a show

Advertisement