Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kennel cough problem

• 01-04-2012 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

hi,
    My 12 yr old dog has had kennel cough since the 12th march, so nearly 3 weeks.
    the first day she started coughing she got put on an antibiotic for 10 days. she improved very quickly and was hardly coughing at all (maybe 3/4 times a day). however it seems after the antibiotic ran out it has come back full force.
    she was on benylin but i stopped giving it to her 2 days ago as its not making a difference this time and she was on it for a good bit.
    she is having manuka honey a few times a day. her cough isnt as bad as a few days ago but its still not gone.
    now I am contemplating bring her to the vet again tomorrow.
    should this be cleared by now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭MANSFIELD

Sometimes if the infection is pretty bad dogs will need another dose of antibiotics to get over it. If it was my dog i would bring her to the vet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Renno123

MANSFIELD wrote: »
    Sometimes if the infection is pretty bad dogs will need another dose of antibiotics to get over it. If it was my dog i would bring her to the vet again.

im a lot more cautious with her as she is 12, nearly 13.
    she caught it off my new dog who had it a week or 10 days but he got over it himself. he is only 1 or 2.
    I will bring her tomorrow, at leat to but my mind at rest :D

Advertisement