Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scorched leaves?

Options
  • 01-04-2012 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Watered my chilli plant last week and put it outside in the glorious sunshine we had last week. When I came home from work I noticed the leaves had yellowed slightly and curled slightly. It was well watered (no water sitting on the leaves though) and there was still water in the tray underneath. Its a very leafy tree, should I just prune back the affected leaves?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Did you bring it in at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

yeah brought it in at night newbie. The nights were actually quite cold last week so kept that in mind. I subject it to heavy pruning so its quite a low plant with plenty of leaves on it. I have let it grow out substantially and am only pruning back new leaves now.

The yellowing is occurring on only one stalk, best to just prune this stalk back?

Advertisement