Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you "do" April Fools?

• 01-04-2012 11:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭

After reading the Denis Mahony/ Gold Board's Member yokes, I just wondered, do any of you actually play April Fools on people?

I reckon I have a fairly good sense of humour, but I just don't find them funny.
    I always found them a bit awkward and stupid, and always dreaded 1st April in school, when most people would do stupid pranks.

Pranks to me always seem really childish.

So do you spend all year planning your April Fool's pranks or as you as bored of them as me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

Poster banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

ElleEm wrote: »
    I reckon I have a fairly good sense of humour, but I just don't find them funny.
    I always found them a bit awkward and stupid, and always dreaded 1st April in school, when most people would do stupid pranks.

Pranks to me always seem really childish.
    Maybe your sense of humour is not so good? Or maybe you've not experienced any decent April Fool's?

Seans nach bhfuil do thuiscint ar ghreann comh maith sin? Nó nach raibh taithí agat ar cleasanna Aibreán maithe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

A0 wrote: »
    Poster banned.

That was last years gag, fool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

That was last years gag, fool.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Yeah I got a letter nicely formatted etc. sent to a mate about how he may have contracted hepatitis. It's not my fault that An Post don't deliver on Sundays so he'll get it tomorrow instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

I'm not a fan! For every good prank there are about ten terrible ones. I still like the good ones but it doesn't make it worth it, being on guard all day. Better for kids, I'm a freaking adult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

No its a pile of hoop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Everyone's done April, because April's a slut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Everyone's done April, because April's a slut.
    Not April O Neill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

No, April Ashley.....now you may have to google that!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Im going to ring my Aunt in the minute and tell her that her brother has just gotten a heart attack:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,141 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

April 1st is the only day that I don't do them. It doesn't stop what few friends I've got left wondering if something's going to happen though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

no

LOL JK APRIL FOOLS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

My niece, the bitch, called me this morning and said my brother, who lives in Thailand, had just won millions of euro in a magalottery there.:) He had sent tickets for numerous family members and said we were all invited to celebrate with him in Bangkok, flying out from Dublin tomorrow. I was just starting to pack when I heard Marion Beenpukin on the radio and talking about "All Fools' Day" ...:eek:

I was had!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A good April fools prank is funny IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

I never ever EVER do April's fool.
    What was the question again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I never ever EVER do April's fool.
    What was the question again?
    Apart from this year - because your posts recently have GOT to be jokes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Used to think it was really funny when I was at school. I was wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭RiseToTheTop

Dudess wrote: »
    Apart from this year - because your posts recently have GOT to be jokes.

Oh i've, got jokes, don't you worry, i've got jokes.
    *You got them on the line Monty, keep them there* EX-cellent

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Usually annoy me, not my type of humour really

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Of course but they don't work unless you put time into them and make it convincing, like I got my boyfriend so bad today wooeee you could tell he was pissed I did the old pretending I was pregnant prank, what a chestnut, it took months and putting on about ten pounds but oh man you should of seen the look on his face.

Obviously I wouldn't but I actually know a few muppets who think pretending they are preggos to get what they want is a good laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I don't find physical pranks funny, the really stupid stuff, but a good 'spagetti tree' joke when you properly fool someone into believing something ridiculous can be good fun. When it's happening to someone else tho, obv.

I like to ring emergency services to say there is a massive fire with multiple casualties, then wait for them there with a big banner saying "APRIL FOOLS!!!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

not a fan of it,why have a day for pranks when they can be done any time in the year? screw these traditions.:pac:
    luckily dad forgot it was AFD today as he usualy comes up with the most unfunny and stupid pranks ever.

have liked the pranks of some websites though,on a hacking forum that used to be on they made a notice bar appear on the top of the forum akin to sort of a private message sort of thing,it said that the person has been made a moderator of the forum if they wanted it and some other BS which was actualy an anagram of 'april fools',they went to the trouble of making a moderating form which all 'applicants' had to fill in,it had questions like 'woud they ban a mod or admin if they had the power'.
    in own case anagrams will often detangle themselves and noticed the april fools thing straight away but it was incredible how many people fell for it and thought they were now staff,the admin dedicated a website page to all the answers people had given for that application form,if remember correctly he included their names to.:D there were so many suck ups posting unreal stuff thinking itd favour them the admin must have felt really insulted.

deviant art did a good one today,making it look like a group of cat hackers had had an uprising and hacked the site,even though it was still fully useable and the funny bit coud be disabled-there were still people posting about being hacked.

boards shoud have hidden the database and stuck up a made up hackers index page,it coud have said 'hacked by team FF for all da dissin we get on tha site',imagine the mass withdrawal symptoms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

No, for the same reason that I don't do Halloween, Xmas, Valentines day, Easter and Mother's day. Unless it's anything to do with church I'm not interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Thomas828 wrote: »
    No, for the same reason that I don't do Halloween, Xmas, Valentines day, Easter and Mother's day. Unless it's anything to do with church I'm not interested.

Wat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭Jess16

Have just announced on Facebook to the 223 people who wished me a Happy Birthday that my birthday is in November -am awaiting the onslaught! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Jess16 wrote: »
    Have just announced on Facebook to the 223 people who wished me a Happy Birthday that my birthday is in November -am awaiting the onslaught! :)

So who is the fool who is the butt of that prank?

Ce hi an amadan a bhfui mar iosphartaigh den cleas sin, eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Thomas828 wrote: »

Oh yes, Easter, that old Hallmark facade....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Friend of mine turned up at the farm today. During our conversation he started giving out that I hadn't pranked him at all today. To be honest, I'd forgotten it's April fools, but told him that no prank was the prank :rolleyes:

Have a good one for him for next year, just have to remember the feckin date!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I'm disgusted with myself. Some junkie walking by me says 'here love ya dropped somethin' and I feckin looked:mad: Que him laughing hysterically shouting 'I caught ya bleedin rapihhh''. Bollix

Advertisement