Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Slutty girl" - My definition

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Steve Johnson

Dudess wrote: »
    Something very familiar about you. Tell me, what do you think of Jews?

See, this is what I'm talking about. Modern females assume that anyone who holds conservative views also must be a racist or a bigot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Sluts need to be shamed in order for the family unit to be preserved
    Did you not get banned earlier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Steve Johnson

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Did you not get banned earlier?

You must have me mistaken for someone else. I was just blown away by the sheer liberal idiocy in this thread and felt inclined to post.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a man strongly preferring to form an indefinite relationship with a virgin rather than a non-virgin. There's also nothing wrong with a man being possesive of his woman either. We live in an age where women have been taught that traditional relationship ideals are chauvanistic and mysoginist; nothing could be further from the truth.

Sluts need to be shamed in order for the family unit to be preserved, which is far more important than self-indulgence.

lol

Slut Shaming. Would you tie her up? Maybe strip her down? Take out the ridding crop and smack her ass until she begs you to stop and says she is oh so sorry?

I sure would. The difference between you and me is a safety word though.

Also, as regards liberals and sex. Yes, all the evidence points to liberals being the ones who are down with the filth. Oh, wait.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Steve johnson gone.
    Bye now steve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Slut Shaming. Would you tie her up? Maybe strip her down? Take out the ridding crop and smack her ass until she begs you to stop and says she is oh so sorry?
    Ohhhh vicar!

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Ohhhh vicar!

I'm supplementing my income writing short stories for Mills and Boon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Yes, all the evidence points to liberals being the ones who are down with the filth. Oh, wait.
    Ha, that doesn't surprise me in the least. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Which women? Certainly not me.

Eh, first of all, my post wasn't about you specifically (strange as that may seem) and secondly, which of my points are you addressing with your question exactly, I made a few inferences regarding women (and men): some negative, some positive - to which exactly are you referring with your: "Which women"?
    And I've never wanted to be provided for.
    Good for you. Did my post have 'Dudess' in the header or something? Your reply is suggestive of it and why exactly are you associating yourself with the 'nose snubbers' of my post? Would have seemed just as easy for you to associate yourself with the eater-uppers of 'milky goodness', but yet you didn't - seems telling.
    That is a load of bitter shyte. And defend yourself and try to make out I'm being unreasonable you like, but it speaks for itself.
    Ah, here come the 'bitterness' accusations - been seeing you do this quite a bit over the past few weeks to users of this forum, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't take the insult all that personally, especially one which you tend to throw around like confetti.
    It's personal venting presented as universal reality. But there's no misogyny on Board of course

"Misogyny" - you saw misogyny in my post??

If so, well then I'm not entirely sure you understand the meaning of the word quite frankly.
    that's just in the man-hating feminazis' imagination.
    Another agenda induced buzz word you have thrown into threads in a quite obvious attempt at stirring shite and despite being called on it, here you are again shamelessly continuing to bandy the word around.

A rest you should give it.
    A whole coterie of guys with clear bitterness towards women closed their accounts in recent months, making this place far more pleasant and fair. No "Irish women are bitches" threads whatsoever.Wonder which of those this person is a re-reg of.
    So, I'm a re-reg of a user that started threads along the lines of: "Irish women are bitches" and your reasoning for this assumption is based on just what exactly? The fact that you disagree with the content of my post? Well, yet again, I have to say that I would take this personally if not for the fact that this too is something that you have leveled at other users and not just myself. I'm sure you've heard of the boy who cried wolf too often, right.

Oh and I have searched for an: "Irish women are bitches" thread - couldn't find one.
    And the thanks it gets - dearie me.

A man who's confident and happy in himself just wouldn't say/agree with the above sh1t.

Ha, not only do you attack me personally for my post and suggest that I'm just a bitter misogynist (rather than just addressing the content of the post like most users) now you're also implying that those that had the audacity to 'thank' it must (along with me of course) be lacking confidence and unhappy in their personal lives?

Are you for real - and 'tis I that is supposed to be the bitter one? :p

Yup. Response as I expected. You make blanket, negative statements about "women" and think it's unreasonable of me to object to it and to suspect you're venting? Men who are not angry towards women WOULDN'T write such a post.

Sit back, put yourself in the shoes of women reading that bile. And I "throw around" those accusations with very good cause - not just for the craic. I don't for the life of me see what's "telling" about some little semantic nugget btw. I guess you must not be a re-reg so if you're not familiar with any of the numerous threads going on about how Irish women are bitches and unattractive and gold-diggers. Not like we're human beings of course - we should definitely just sit back and put up with that sh1t.
    Have a go at the person who pissed themselves laughing at your (very laughable indeed) post too perhaps - instead of just me. You have on numerous occasions marched in here going on about terrible things "women" (because all women are responsible for the few bitches :rolleyes:) do - it's a joke that you'd deny it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

See, this is what I'm talking about. Modern females assume that anyone who holds conservative views also must be a racist or a bigot.

So how often do you re reg.
    Wait no I don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Those pandas are awesome.

Eh, first of all, my post wasn't about you specifically (strange as that may seem) and secondly, which of my points are you addressing with your question exactly, I made a few inferences regarding women (and men): some negative, some positive - to which exactly are you referring with your: "Which women"?

Good for you. Did my post have 'Dudess' in the header or something? Your reply is suggestive of it and why exactly are you associating yourself with the 'nose snubbers' of my post? Would have seemed just as easy for you to associate yourself with the eater-uppers of 'milky goodness', but yet you didn't - seems telling.

Ah, here come the 'bitterness' accusations - been seeing you do this quite a bit over the past few weeks to users of this forum, so you'll have to forgive me if I don't take the insult all that personally, especially one which you tend to throw around like confetti.

"Misogyny" - you saw misogyny in my post??

If so, well then I'm not entirely sure you understand the meaning of the word quite frankly.

Another agenda induced buzz word you have thrown into threads in a quite obvious attempt at stirring shite and despite being called on it, here you are again shamelessly continuing to bandy the word around.

A rest you should give it.

So, I'm a re-reg of a user that started threads along the lines of: "Irish women are bitches" and your reasoning for this assumption is based on just what exactly? The fact that you disagree with the content of my post? Well, yet again, I have to say that I would take this personally if not for the fact that this too is something that you have leveled at other users and not just myself. I'm sure you've heard of the boy who cried wolf too often, right.

Oh and I have searched for an: "Irish women are bitches" thread - couldn't find one.

Ha, not only do you attack me personally for my post and suggest that I'm just a bitter misogynist (rather than just addressing the content of the post like most users) now you're also implying that those that had the audacity to 'thank' it must (along with me of course) be lacking confidence and unhappy in their personal lives?

Are you for real - and 'tis I that is supposed to be the bitter one? :p

In fairness, i thought your post was a pile of **** as well. So if you want to write a big ranty reply to me, feel free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

elpipe wrote: »
    Imagine that sexual partners are like chocolate. Guys love chocolate and while they prefer luxury chocolate they don't mind some low quality milk-chocolate either. Girls on the other look at milk-chocolate with distaste but luxury chocolate on the other hand, the enjoyment they get from this kind of chocolate is something I believe is beyond any guys comprehension.
    so you're saying that in general, girls are shallow...

• Registered Users Posts: 46 elpipe

smash wrote: »
    so you're saying that in general, girls are shallow...

No. I said that they like high quality men. Some are shallow, some are not, but they all want high quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Op would you like to come over to mine later for some eh.......... Chocolate ;)

elpipe wrote: »
    No. I said that they like high quality men. Some are shallow, some are not, but they all want high quality.

high quality... pffft. Don't be delusional, you'll only get what you're equal to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

:) Thumbs up for the bit about the Pandas

:mad: Thumbs down for the life-sucking, brow-beating, knickers-in-a-twist brigade, sucking the fun out of another after hours thread.

Boo to the crusaders. It's the internet, no one else cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

comin over here... killin our pandas

• Advertisement

Zulu wrote: »
    :mad: Thumbs down for the life-sucking, brow-beating, knickers-in-a-twist brigade, sucking the fun out of another after hours thread.

Boo to the crusaders. It's the internet, no one else cares.
    Apart from when you agree with it of course. You start a thread, you get a discussion - that's how **** goes.

Boo to the "I'll freely insult any group I like and pretend they're being irrational when they challenge it" brigade.

The internet is huge - plenty care.

Zulu will get butt-hurt now over simply being told a truth in reaction to his own inflammatory comment - rinse and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Sex is lahk a baux a chocolates :p

Sex is lahk a baux a chocolates :p
    Messy and sticky?

Zulu will get butt-hurt now over simply being told a truth
    ...sigh. Dudess dismisses someone's comment before they've even posted it - not a whole lot new there. :rolleyes:

Kudos to you Dudess, a pleasant breath of fresh air every time.
    And of course by pleasant, breath & fresh, I mean militant, stifling & fun sucking.

Don't worry though Dudess, everyone knows you wont just leave it at that. We all await your caustic retort about how I hate women & my comment was somehow misogynistic or some such.
    Rage on.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

mod:
    Continue to get personal = get banned.
    Your choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

<snip>
    See 1 post above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

...sigh. Dudess dismisses someone's comment before they've even posted it - not a whole lot new there. :rolleyes:

And of course by pleasant, breath & fresh, I mean militant, stifling & fun sucking.

Don't worry though Dudess, everyone knows you wont just leave it at that. We all await your caustic retort about how I hate women & my comment was somehow misogynistic or some such.
    Rage on.

I've scanned back through your past posts and you seem a reasonable enough person. Why is it that you can't see that demeaning women, the general sexist, msygonistic ****e that gets spouted on here every day isn't actually harmless fun?

Example of fun: Poster x, show us your boobs, woop!

Example of hateful, msygonistic crap: women are sluts if they have casual sex and I also think that most women who complain about me making comments like this are ugly feminists who can't get sex.

See the difference? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Can I answer this? I don't. I'd rather Poster X was asked for an opinion.

Dudess and Zulu, kiss and make up! Or just beat the shít out of each other or something.

• Advertisement

I'll try to reply to your post, but it appears I've been issued a warning, so I'm on thin ice.
    I've scanned back through your past posts and you seem a reasonable enough person. Why is it that you can't see that demeaning women, the general sexist, misogynistic ****e that gets spouted on here every day isn't actually harmless fun?
    Hummm, I see plenty of childish posts about sammichs and the like. They could be viewed as sexist, & they could be viewed as demeaning. Heck they could even be viewed as misogynistic (people apparently view them that way). However, they could also be viewed as childish. Who takes them seriously? Honestly??
    Some people..., well I'll bite my tongue here, but suffice to say: why should we pander to those who get so easily offended? Why can't they simply avail of the "ignore" button?
    Example of fun: Poster x, show us your boobs, woop!
    Agreed.
    Example of hateful, misogynistic crap: women are sluts if they have casual sex and I also think that most women who complain about me making comments like this are ugly feminists who can't get sex.
    Misogynistic means to hate women, right? Well then, no the example isn't misogynistic, it's just pathetic. Ignore it, move on. Retorting that it's misogynistic, is just engaging with someone you'd never ordinarily & raging on the interweb. ...which is just as bad really. (well not quite, but it's every bit as annoying)
    Hopefully I survived the thin ice! :o

Dudess and Zulu, kiss and make up! Or just beat the shít out of each other or something.
    *flicks light on/off/on/off*

Fight, fight, fight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Id look at it this way theres a woman who can be attractive well dressed and sexually active... which is fine.

You can take another girl in her badly revealing poorly fitting clothing, and well she looks sluty she may not be one but i think appearances can create opinions.

I don't really care who a woman sleeps with, sexy times that her business, Im more concerned with my self, Maybe I'm just self absorbed or I just don't really need to care and theres far more interesting things to be thinking about how ever..

But what I have noticed, is a lot of men call women sluts, because of there own inability to woo such lades and its a way of passing them selves of as macho.. Kinda like a bone head response, to pre emptied rejection....

prinz wrote: »
    Can I answer this? I don't. I'd rather Poster X was asked for an opinion.

Ahhh, I see what you did there ;) You know what my point was, there is an allowable amount of banter between posters. Once it's light-hearted and not a front for some underlying sexist attitude. Obviously I want to hear opinions from all female posters. And I don't think my post implied otherwise.

Snowie wrote: »

But what I have noticed, is a lot of men call women sluts, because of there own inability to woo such lades and its a way of passing them selves of as macho.. Kinda like a bone head response, to pre emptied rejection....

Think we have a winner. That's it in a nutshell.

But what I have noticed, is a lot of men call women sluts, because of there own inability to woo such lades and its a way of passing them selves of as macho.

From experience of my friends it has nothing to do with wanting the person, it's actually the opposite. They'd call someone a slut if they slept around to the extent that it disgusts them. That goes for men and women that I know.

• Advertisement

I'll try to reply to your post, but it appears I've been issued a warning, so I'm on thin ice.
    Hummm, I see plenty of childish posts about sammichs and the like. They could be viewed as sexist, & they could be viewed as demeaning. Heck they could even be viewed as misogynistic (people apparently view them that way). However, they could also be viewed as childish. Who takes them seriously? Honestly??
    Some people..., well I'll bite my tongue here, but suffice to say: why should we pander to those who get so easily offended? Why can't they simply avail of the "ignore" button?

It was my intent to demonstrate that there is a line. And once it's crossed you have two options, 1) to ignore it or 2) to challenge it. People with hateful views generally tend to have them reinforced if people don't challenge them on those views. That's all Dudess is doing along with other posters. Challenging such attitudes helps indicate to the person spouting hate that they're not socially acceptable views and it also serves to educate and inform others in some cases. You can choose to ignore the debate yourself anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

This thread is now about Panda Wrestling

Hell in a Cell style

Gummy having seen your porn movie website and video

im thinking those are your kids that resulted from that porn movie

is that right? ;)

EDIT: also how was Vienna for your honeymoon?

Edit 2: that's one slutty Panda.... just doing it out in the open like that...will someone please think of the cubs? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Ahhh, I see what you did there ;) You know what my point was, there is an allowable amount of banter between posters. Once it's light-hearted and not a front for some underlying sexist attitude. Obviously I want to hear opinions from all female posters. And I don't think my post implied otherwise.

I wasn't implying anything about your good self. In general though I think it is a bit of a problem. Banter is one thing, but imo it goes a bit further when you could have 10 males posters contributing no problems, and as soon as a female poster adds an opinion the response is Pics or GTFO, show us your tits etc etc. There's also a couple of female posters playing to the audience too though so it goes both ways.

It was my intent to demonstrate that there is a line. And once it's crossed you have two options, 1) to ignore it or 2) to challenge it.
    Yea, and I kinda get that. But challenging an anonymous troll, or ill informed twit on the internet? You reckon that gets results?
    People with hateful views generally tend to have them reinforced if people don't challenge them on those views.
    In the real world, I wholeheartedly agree. However, in afterhours, on the internet? I'd suggest that those who rise to the challenge act to reinforce those ignorant views also. I've never seen evidence to the contrary.
    You can choose to ignore the debate yourself anyway!
    You'd think that! It's getting harder to find a thread where you can. It's like Mossads pro-Israel propaganda machine, I tells you.

From experience of my friends it has nothing to do with wanting the person, it's actually the opposite. They'd call someone a slut if they slept around to the extent that it disgusts them. That goes for men and women that I know.

The thing is how do you define some one who sleeps around, I do genuinely think that some people do have a genuine dislike to people who get what they want :).....
    just from my own experience....

After all we're in Ireland that frowned apon :D

• Advertisement

prinz wrote: »
    I wasn't implying anything about your good self. In general though I think it is a bit of a problem. Banter is one thing, but imo it goes a bit further when you could have 10 males posters contributing no problems, and as soon as a female poster adds an opinion the response is Pics or GTFO, show us your tits etc etc. There's also a couple of female posters playing to the audience too though so it goes both ways.

Hmm, perhaps that wasn't the best example to use then. If a female poster posts something serious and the only response is, "show us your boobs" then I would think that stupid of course. I meant more in less serious threads for that case. Obviously just simply dismissing a woman's point with any sort of banter is sexist. But not every banter like comment is sexist I suppose is what I meant.

Yea, and I kinda get that. But challenging an anonymous troll, or ill informed twit on the internet? You reckon that gets results?

In the real world, I wholeheartedly agree. However, in afterhours, on the internet? I'd suggest that those who rise to the challenge act to reinforce those ignorant views also. I've never seen evidence to the contrary.

You'd think that! It's getting harder to find a thread where you can. It's like Mossads pro-Israel propaganda machine, I tells you.

Ah no, all valid points. This isn't the real world. Totally agree with you, in real life it's much more important to challenge those views.

The thing is how do you define some one who sleeps around, I do genuinely think that some people do have a genuine dislike to people who get what they want :).....

Well an example is a girl I know who sleeps around a lot. She has a list of booty calls and would call 4/5 of them a week. Sometimes more than 1 a day. And she has no standards, she'd be with pretty much anyone. Everyone considers her a slut, even her mother. She'd have no problem calling a booty call on a Friday and letting him finish in her mouth, then kissing and sleeping with someone else that night. She has serious issues and she's got a bad rep as an easy lay. Some lads don't care because they'll get their rocks off, and she's one of my best mates but myself and my friends would never introduce anyone to her we knew.

See, rational discourse is always far more fun & engaging. Thanks howsyourtusk :)

Well an example is a girl I know who sleeps around a lot. She has a list of booty calls and would call 4/5 of them a week. Sometimes more than 1 a day. And she has no standards, she'd be with pretty much anyone. Everyone considers her a slut, even her mother. She'd have no problem calling a booty call on a Friday and letting him finish in her mouth, then kissing and sleeping with someone else that night. She has serious issues and she's got a bad rep as an easy lay. Some lads don't care because they'll get their rocks off, and she's one of my best mates but myself and my friends would never introduce anyone to her we knew.

Ok to me now i wouldn't call that normal Id call the bouncing of the mental health barrier :eek:

Ok to me now i wouldn't call that normal Id call the bouncing of the mental health barrier :eek:

She refuses to go to counselling about it.

She refuses to go to counselling about it.

But the thing about suggesting counseling to any person who has problems, she has to want it other people telling them they need it, well that would make her feel week...

its a defense thing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

She's a bit of an extreme case really.

Zulu will get butt-hurt now over simply being told a truth

Rage on.
    The guy who wrote that tard post about women wanting to be provided for was the fun-sucking one - I just argued with it (that's Internet discussion forums ya see) yet you focused on MY post, not his. My post wouldn't exist if it wasn't for his.

And you wouldn't call my posting style militant if it was for stuff you agreed with.

And yes, I pre-empted your response correctly.

No you don't hate women, but you are a member if the "Poor men, we have it so much more difficult than women, let's be hostile to women" brigade.

But the thing about suggesting counseling to any person who has problems, she has to want it other people telling them they need it, well that would make her feel week...

its a defense thing..
    She said she wanted to go, then got embarrassed and just went back to her normal routine. She's calmed a bit now because she's met someone, but she has a habit of going for psychos so we'll see how it works out.
    She's a bit of an extreme case really.
    Yea, still an example of a slut though :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement