Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Slutty girl" - My definition

1235»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

We're going to draw a line under this one soon so closing arguments etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

why can't there be a mod called jerry springer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Never let a panda distract you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭howsyourtusk

smash wrote: »
    From experience of my friends it has nothing to do with wanting the person, it's actually the opposite. They'd call someone a slut if they slept around to the extent that it disgusts them. That goes for men and women that I know.

Why would anyone's sexual activities, once they're legal, disgust anyone? You're basically saying one person is judging another. Even in that extreme case you mentioned I think it's totally derogatory to call that girl a slut. She's just not well clearly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Zulu wrote: »
    Some people..., well I'll bite my tongue here, but suffice to say: why should we pander to those who get so easily offended?
    Pretending you're hiding who you're talking about is childish and passive-aggressive. Easily offended eh? Come back to me when there's a strong element of man-hating on After Hours. But there won't be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

we need the mods to sticky a post your favourite video of gummy panda and friends thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Never let a panda distract you

so thats how you got out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Why would anyone's sexual activities, once they're legal, disgust anyone?
    Well I'm guessing most people would have issues with kissing someone who's been performing oral on someone else just before hand.
    You're basically saying one person is judging another.
    But everyone judges each other, it's human nature.
    Even in that extreme case you mentioned I think it's totally derogatory to call that girl a slut. She's just not well clearly.
    Well under the dictionary meaning: "a dirty, slovenly woman. / an immoral or dissolute woman; prostitute." she fits most parts of the profile even if it's extreme or not. And it is derogatory, but it's the reputation she's got now unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Dudess wrote: »
    The guy who wrote that tard post about women wanting to be provided for was the fun-sucking one - I just argued with it (that's Internet discussion forums ya see) yet you focused on MY post, not his. My post wouldn't exist if it wasn't for his.
    The only post I focused on was the panda post actually.
    but you are a member if the "Poor men, we have it so much more difficult than women, let's be hostile to women" brigade.
    It's unfortunate you feel the need to resort to personal insults, even after there was a mod post warning against getting personal. I could point out that I didn't single anyone out - except to respond to your personal pop at me, but then that'd just be me reinforcing your slur that I'm one of those "men have it more difficult" wouldn't it. And why did you single me out? Why get personal? Do you think it strengthens your point?

Apologies to Dr. Bollocko, but I should be afforded the right to retort if Dudess has free reign to get personal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lol at the lying. Your post AFTER the panda post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Dudess wrote: »
    Pretending you're hiding who you're talking about is childish and passive-aggressive. Easily offended eh? Come back to me when there's a strong element of man-hating on After Hours. But there won't be.
    Sigh, I wasn't getting personal Dudess, please do the same, and tone down the outright aggressiveness.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

And we're done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement