Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

samsung firmware updates and GT-C3350 xsolid

Options
  • 01-04-2012 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭

hi folks, does anyone know how to update firmware on a samsung GT-C3350 Xsolid phone? the samsung site says that samsung kies, is the program to use, but ii have downloaded the program and when i open it and click on the phone, the message

" your phone does not support firmware upgrading via kies"

any idea how i can update the firmware on the phone?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

Oceans12 wrote: »
    hi folks, does anyone know how to update firmware on a samsung GT-C3350 Xsolid phone? the samsung site says that samsung kies, is the program to use, but ii have downloaded the program and when i open it and click on the phone, the message

" your phone does not support firmware upgrading via kies"

any idea how i can update the firmware on the phone?

thanks

try this
    Update Guide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Oceans12

hi had already tried that, with the error message in my first post,

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭multimate

Oceans12 wrote: »
    hi had already tried that, with the error message in my first post,

since its not android or iPhone i'm not sure. wait a few days and if you dont get a reply here go to carrier shop (i.e. vodafone, 3, o2, meteor etc.). you need a new phone not an upgrade :S

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Zebuala

Oceans12 the reason you cannot update is because whatever network you are with has a custom installation of the firmware of the phone on your phone, I am having the same problem. I was with Vodafone and they have a custom installation of the firmware on the phone which stops me from updating it through Kies. The reason for the custom firmware they install is to lock the phone to only their network eg. my phone only works with Vodafone sim. How you fix this is you have to flash the phone, this will install a new firmware on it and then you will be able to update the firmware and the phone will be unlocked to any network. Thats all that I can help you with as I need to find out how to flash the firmware myself before I'll be able to tell people how to do it. This is what I am using at the moment to try find out http://www.tsar3000.com/Joomla/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=833:how-to-update-samsung-c3350-firmware-using-the-usb-cable-and-the-original-flashtool&catid=57:how-to&Itemid=104
    Hope this helped.

Advertisement