Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another littlewoods issue

Options
  • 01-04-2012 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Ok so I order some items from littlewoods on the 9th of march, been in contact with them since because the items never arrived

I have been trying to resolve this with littlewoods & it turns out they said one of the items required a signature to deliver & obtained a signature for it at my property but no-one here has signed for anything

I have checked with my two naibours to the right of me & left & nope nobody has signed or received a delivery on my behalf

I told littlewoods this & they requested a copy of my signature but that got me thinking that if I supply this they will have my signature to use as a template to transfer onto the delivery thing if they so feel so rightfully I feel I requested to be furnished with the delivery companies details, the delivery driver details & a copy of this signature as if someone forged my signature I want to involve the guards as a fraud has been commited

They are just stone walling me stating if I do not supply them with my signature the charges will stand againt me & refuse to supply me with a copy of this so called signaure they received for the items

Do I have any other options here other than to fold & just supply my signature?

I thought I would be within my rights to ask to see the signature?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Its up to littlewoods to prove delivery by forwarding the sig to you. If they wont and you paid by credit card, tell your card company you want a chargeback

• Registered Users Posts: 12 notcalled4

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Its up to littlewoods to prove delivery by forwarding the sig to you. If they wont and you paid by credit card, tell your card company you want a chargeback

It was a credit order that going by there attitude they are going to hold me liable to :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 prestigio1977

I'm no expert, but if the item required a signature, then surely they have a copy of that signature in order for them to charge you. I would stand my ground if I were you and demand a copy of the signature, somebody has to have it. I definitely wouldn't be handing over my own signature. Do you know what delivery company they used?

I'm no expert, but if the item required a signature, then surely they have a copy of that signature in order for them to charge you. I would stand my ground if I were you and demand a copy of the signature, somebody has to have it. I definitely wouldn't be handing over my own signature. Do you know what delivery company they used?

They are saying quote/ "However, Yodel (formally Home Delivery Network) has obtained a signature at your address."

Just sent a reply in the heat of the moment & regretting it a bit now :(
    Email Sent wrote:
    Well i am informing you again nobody at this address has ever signed for any delivery & i will be seeking legal advice on this matter now to which i will bring a small claims court case against again your company to recover costs & i will also be lodging complaints to your governing bodies on this matter here in ireland. Please close my account & any more communication on this matter is to be sent in writing to my address as NO MORE PAYMENTS will be made untill this matter is resolved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 prestigio1977

notcalled4 wrote: »
    Just sent a reply in the heat of the moment & regretting it a bit now :(
    Yeah, maybe a bit hasty ok, but I would still insist on getting a copy of proof of delivery, if you don't have the item, why would you pay for it? Somebody has it somewhere, you need to find out who and where.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

OK - here's another avenue that you can explore. Littlewoods are providing a credit facility to you, therefore they are regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland.

Tell Littlewoods that you will get in touch with the Central Bank of Ireland to inform them that you are being forced into a credit agreement for goods which you did not receive. Let's see if that will shake them loose.

They should provide a copy of that signature to you.

You could of course have just sent the signature and made it very simple on yourself. Signed in big black letters with the current date crossed across your signature several times in a lighter colour so clearly visible. Would have stopped them photocopying and anyone attempting to forge it onto a delivery card, well that can easily be proven fake in court.
    Ever think that it might have been one of your neighbours who faked the signature for your free gift??

Just an update on this,

I finally after many many MANY emails have had my account refunded all items not received with them admitted that the delivery driver has delivered them to the wrong address

It took Littlewoods over a month to escalate my case to someone in "customer excellence" who finally made the correct decision

My question is now,

Would one have a legal leg to stand on for harassment & slander case in the small claims court?

1. They still refuse to supply me with a copy of this phantom signature of mine they received
    2. In several email they insisted i received the items which they finally admit now I didn't
    3 I was worried/ annoyed enough at this situation I consulted a solicitor at the start of this which cost me €75
    4. I have received several harassing phone calls from their delivery company insisting I received the items

They have offered €14 as a good will gesture lol

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If all correspondence was private, you have no case for defamation. I doubt scc would look at such a case anyway.

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    If all correspondence was private, you have no case for defamation. I doubt scc would look at such a case anyway.

Yeah I didn't think so but I wonder (I know you can't seek legal advice here) could someone in this situation go to scc to reclaim the out of pocket expenses and something for them being a pain in the whole?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭AlwaysAmber

notcalled4 wrote: »
    Yeah I didn't think so but I wonder (I know you can't seek legal advice here) could someone in this situation go to scc to reclaim the out of pocket expenses and something for them being a pain in the whole?

No. If the SCC allowed those types of claims they'd be backed up for years.

Advertisement