Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April beers, Fri 13th in O'C

Options
  • 01-04-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

It's been a while so might as well try to fit some Galway forum beers in during April to warm up for the summer.

You can choose more than one venue and more than one date.
    O'Connell's
    Town house
    Oslo

Saturday 7th, Fridays 13, 20 or 27 April

Please note that votes are public.
    Feel free to suggest other venues or dates.

Where and when? 83 votes

O'Connell's
    0%
    Town House
    22%
    bikomoonflowerPanthrotracker-manTheCosmicFrogPauricTheLodgerantoobrienFlojoL.JenkinsjoeKel73empacherDutchessGalway K9Lapinswinechristinab89DonnielightoMickey Hbensweeney 19 votes
    Oslo
    12%
    James Fordemoonflowercivis_liberalisFlojoL.Jenkinsempacherdockysherpiscesgirl1bensweeneyangeloghiotto 10 votes
    Saturday 7th
    19%
    FunkygreendogsSeanehDas Kittybiko[Deleted User]moonflowerjenno86PauricTheLodgerL.JenkinsgeekychickjoeKel73JohnDeeOhMSGliveGastroBoyHolyholebensweeney 16 votes
    Friday 13th
    9%
    bikoPanthroantoobrienprimrose_lilyL.JenkinsJohnDeeOhMSGlivebensweeney 8 votes
    Friday 20th
    21%
    FunkygreendogsSeanehDas Kittypleasant Co.James Fordejenno86civis_liberalisTheCosmicFrogPauricTheLodgerL.JenkinsjoeKel73El_DragoempacherDutchessswineMadYakerdockysherpiscesgirl1 18 votes
    Friday 27th
    14%
    Funkygreendogsbikocivis_liberalisPauricTheLodgerFlojoL.JenkinsjoeKel73sea_monkeychristinab89Mickey HHolyholebensweeney 12 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Isn't the 6th Good Friday, y'know one of those days when bar staff let the dust settle?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Friday 27th
    Damn religion stuff. Ok Friday 6th moved to Saturday 7th.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

snubbleste wrote: »
    Isn't the 6th Good Friday, y'know one of those days when bar staff let the dust settle?

More like builders etc inside doing stuff that can't be done when there are punters around.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Friday 20th
    Oslo would be nice for a change.

Any other wimmins thinking of coming?

Come on, you know you want to!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Friday 13th
    JustMary wrote: »
    More like builders etc inside doing stuff that can't be done when there are punters around.

Didn't stop them closing the kings head for 3 weeks back in 2005

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Town House
    snubbleste wrote: »

Wonder if anyone gave up "beers" for lent, if so have to be after Sunday 8th haha:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

O'Connells on Saturday the 14th could be cool. Should be a nice mix of folk out, and weather permitting we can occupy a few of the benches in the beer garden.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Friday 20th
    Weekend after next ill be about. Voted for Oslo purely for the reason that if we book a table or two for the gathering we will get free nibbles and their fried chicken is Unbelievible.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭dockysher

Friday 20th
    is this meet-up open to new members of boards??:rolleyes:

Friday 20th
    dockysher wrote: »

Of course!

• Advertisement

Saturday 7th
    O' Connells would likely be the winner, as it seems to be the boards.ie staple, but I'd love to have one of these out in the Oslo sometime, purely for the change!

dockysher wrote: »

They'd be open to anyone! Even them pesky non-boardsies!

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭piscesgirl1

Friday 20th
    Sounds good, have never been to one of these meet ups before!!!:D

Friday 20th
    O' Connells would likely be the winner, as it seems to be the boards.ie staple, but I'd love to have one of these out in the Oslo sometime, purely for the change!

I don't know what everyone's obsession is with sitting outside in the cold in April! :P

Layers methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Friday 20th
    wouldn't mind coming along to it, be weird but hey new experiences bring new rewards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

Friday 27th
    biko wrote: »
    It's been a while so might as well try to fit some Galway forum beers in during April to warm up for the summer.

You can choose more than one venue and more than one date.
    O'Connell's
    Town house
    Oslo

Saturday 7th, Fridays 13, 20 or 27 April

Please note that votes are public.
    Feel free to suggest other venues or dates.

Great idea there Biko.
    Just one question:
    Where's Oslo? Never heard of it.

Friday 20th
    Olso only needs 4 more votes to take the lead, c'mon peoples, we can do this!

Town House
    Seaneh wrote: »
    Olso only needs 4 more votes to take the lead, c'mon peoples, we can do this!

Mr. Smallwood? :)

Saturday 7th
    empacher wrote: »
    wouldn't mind coming along to it, be weird but hey new experiences bring new rewards

There's genuinely nothing weird about it. Unless RHG comes along. He's pretty weird
    :pac:

I'm kidding, of course.

To be honest, I think the Oslo will be a much better venue and, as Das Kitty pointed out, it'll be inside!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Friday 20th
    You can add my vote to the oslo - great venue with lovely brews - as I only voted on the date :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I work Fridays and Saturdays but will call for a sociable beverage or 2 whenever this is on. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Friday 20th
    I don't mind where it's on but Friday the 13th or any friday thereafter is fine.Looking forward to it.

Town House
    El_Drago wrote: »
    I don't mind where it's on but Friday the 13th or any friday thereafter is fine.Looking forward to it.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Friday 27th
    Woohoo! TheCosmicFrog just told me about this! I'd love to see everyone again. Can't make the 13th though. Awh, I had missed Galway beers so much! :D

Friday 27th
    It's heading towards Friday the 13th in O'Connell's.
    Since I'll be away then (wedding over in the pale) I'm thinking a few in Oslo tomorrow?
    It could be a warm-up beers for whoever can/can't go next week.
    PM me if that sounds good.

Friday 20th
    I'd love to join you but away tomorrow night, if you're knocking around Sunday I'm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭TheCosmicFrog

Friday 20th
    biko wrote: »
    It's heading towards Friday the 13th in O'Connell's.
    Since I'll be away then (wedding over in the pale) I'm thinking a few in Oslo tomorrow?
    It could be a warm-up beers for whoever can/can't go next week.
    PM me if that sounds good.

Apparently there's a beer tasting event in Massimo's tomorrow (Saturday) at 6pm. A few different breweries. Myself and a friend/fellow Boardsie are going if you're up for it? Flojo/anyone else? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Friday 27th
    Apparently there's a beer tasting event in Massimo's tomorrow (Saturday) at 6pm. A few different breweries. Myself and a friend/fellow Boardsie are going if you're up for it? Flojo/anyone else? :)

I would love to but I'm sick! :( I was asked meant to head down to Galway today for Jungle Boogie but had to cancel that. Stupid flu. I'll will definitely be going to Galway soon though. Hopefully the weekend of the 20th or 27th. Beers and playground/beach then haha? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Next Friday is out for me too, I'll be in Birmingham.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Friday 20th
    and me im working

Advertisement