Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game of Thrones

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

As much as I like GoT, I don't hold all that much hope for the RPG tbh. It's being developed by Cyanide who really don't have a good reputation and the GoT RTS they released last year for the PC was slated for being abysmal.

If you want something GoT related, I'd say keep an eye on the GoT mod for Crusader Kings II. Naturally this means it'll focus on the political intrigue and backstabbing rather than the combat action, but imo that's exactly what a GoT game should focus on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

From the little I've seen of the game it seems for all it's appearances so far to have been handled reasonably well, I too am sceptical based on the studio but in terms of game play it looks a lot like dragon age : origins.

I remain hopeful but need to be convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

All the videos so far show a pretty competent RPG and there is rumor abound that George R.R. Martin will be adding the two main protagonists to his book series. If this is true it may actually show a sign of some quality.
    Either way just the chance of swinging a sword in Westeros is giving me a chubby. :D

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-combat-game-of/727993
    looks kinda Dragon Agey a game I enjoyed. dragon age 2 had awful story and choice elements but cant really be faulted on mechanics.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-this-game-of/728552
    That is just a trailer. looks good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Hi any tips for <SNIP>

Mod Edit: Not allowed on this site. Sorry....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,332 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,194575.0.html

I know it'll probably never live up to my hopes, but a GoT mod for Mount and Blade would be perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Anyone get it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

it is not out in Ireland until June 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

Damn you are right, well it says June 1st in the UK, I was looking at US site. Will scan interweb for reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

GT and IGN absolutely shat on it, and given that it's a movie/tv tie-in, it's enough for me to dismiss it. The ugly textures and horrible bugs look like it needs another year in development!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-game-of-thrones/17-5989/

If you want to see a bit of it played and make your mind up for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Supposedly in development for 7 years! Lot of coffee breaks and duvet days by the look of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,074 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Helix wrote: »

I was maybe thinking of giving this a go, after all Dragon Age: Origins was pants at the start, but it's a great game underneath. But, then this game lost any interest I had when you mentioned that the combat is the way it is. I want to do the actions, not tell the character what to do then sit back and watch. Pity. Hopefully Bethesda, Rockstar or Bioware pick the franchise up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

GOTY

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Frankly my dear

I was maybe thinking of giving this a go, after all Dragon Age: Origins was pants at the start, but it's a great game underneath. But, then this game lost any interest I had when you mentioned that the combat is the way it is. I want to do the actions, not tell the character what to do then sit back and watch. Pity. Hopefully Bethesda, Rockstar or Bioware pick the franchise up.

But isn't that just like Dragon age?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Been playing this since Tuesday.

Compared to Skyrim it's a steaming pile of crap.

But if you're a fan of the books then there's definitely some enjoyment to be gleamed from it

The storyline is pretty good, and I can't wait to find out where it's going

It's just like a budget version of Dragon Age Origins

Advertisement