Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Woman dies in US radio contest: 'Hold your wee for a wii'

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

did this not happen about 5 years ago or more?

yeah it's from 2007

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

She didn't sea that coming.

I couldn't hold it in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Sorry, someone just mentioned it to me.

Awful story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Did her kids at least get the wii?

Hai I'm Sunflower27, AKA Miss Current Affairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I think it is true, you can die from water intoxication, it happens to people who do endurance sports without taking necessary precautions. What happens is your body gets flushed of its salt and other minerals. Then you snuff it. There is actual sense in isotonic sports drinks.

galwayrush wrote: »
    Did her kids at least get the wii?

Piissed off if they didn't

44leto wrote: »
    I think it is true, you can die from water intoxication, it happens to people who do endurance sports without taking necessary precautions. What happens is your body gets flushed of its salt and other minerals. Then you snuff it. There is actual sense in isotonic sports drinks.

I remember stories in the 90s of people going to raves and drinking so much water they flooded their organs. I am not sure how common-place it was though...

• Advertisement

ntlbell wrote: »
    Hai I'm Sunflower27, AKA Miss Current Affairs.

I never said I was Miss Current Affairs :confused:

I just posted about it as I had not heard of the story. Apologies you wasted three seconds of your life reading something you already knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

did this not happen about 5 years ago or more?

Mais Oui.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

After the break... David McWilliams predicts an end to the Celtic Tiger.

I remember stories in the 90s of people going to raves and drinking so much water they flooded their organs. I am not sure how common-place it was though...

No that did happen and still does occasionally, its just people know how to take that drug now. To much water can also make the brain swell which is another way it can kill you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

I think ye are all fools?April 1st:cool:

I never said I was Miss Current Affairs :confused:

With good reason.

44leto wrote: »
    No that did happen and still does occasionally, its just people know how to take that drug now. To much water can also make the brain swell which is another way it can kill you.

Yes, that would make sense. The body can only get rid of fluid so quickly....

With good reason.

Sigh, point made.

After the break... David McWilliams predicts an end to the Celtic Tiger.

I think Bertie has those people right, doom merchants and naysayers. This celtic tiger will go on till my house is worth 10 million. Then it will be a soft landing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

Not sure if this has been on here...

The woman entered the competion to win a wii for her children... and now they are left without her :(

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16614865/ns/us_news-life/t/woman-dies-after-water-drinking-contest/

Welcome to 2012 :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

LimGal wrote: »
    Welcome to 2012 :rolleyes:

That has already been brought to my attention, thanks LimGal :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,141 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Holding one's wee for five years is not to be recommended.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

That has already been brought to my attention, thanks LimGal :)

No problem sunflower!I just hate to see someone being made a fool of!:D

LimGal wrote: »
    No problem sunflower!I just hate to see someone being made a fool of!:D

This is AH, you need a tough skin to be in here. I can handle it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I remember hearing this yeeeeeaaaaars ago. A real tragedy, surprising none of the organisers knew of the safety risks before the event.

robman60 wrote: »
    I remember hearing this yeeeeeaaaaars ago. A real tragedy, surprising none of the organisers knew of the safety risks before the event.

I suppose they just figured people would quit when it got painful??

I remember being on this trip with college. We had a break for about an hour at a pub so being young and stupid, everyone threw the beer into them. We all piled back on the bus and after about 30 mins people started calling for the bus to make a stop.

We were on a motorway and the driver said we could not stop... it felt like hours before he pulled over (this was in Australia and the motorways go on forever).. the pain was absolutely excruciating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

I'd say her children filled up when they heard the news. Blood is thicker than water of course...oops...not in her case I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

hello and welcome to the incontenance helpline, please hold

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

I suppose they just figured people would quit when it got painful??

I remember being on this trip with college. We had a break for about an hour at a pub so being young and stupid, everyone threw the beer into them. We all piled back on the bus and after about 30 mins people started calling for the bus to make a stop.

We were on a motorway and the driver said we could not stop... it felt like hours before he pulled over (this was in Australia and the motorways go on forever).. the pain was absolutely excruciating.

Id say that comes easily to you Sunflower27 considering your OP, anyways holding back on urinating can lead to urinary tract infections,very bad idea to even risk getting these, that driver should have informed ye before ye got on the motorway concerning the situation with pulling over or ye maybe should have showed a bit more some common sense;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

How the feck do you have a contest like that on the radio??:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Old.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement