Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poor battery life on iPhone 4S

• 01-04-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I've upgraded from a 4 to 4s and finding the battery life pretty poor in comparison. As an example, the phone was at 100% at 10.30 this morning. 4.5 hours later, after very little use, and it's at 13%.

I'd already done a few things like setting the screen brightness quite low (around 33%), turning off Siri, bluetooth, and many location services.

Has anyone else noticed anything similar?

P.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Have a look in Location Services > System Services. Are any of them active? They have a tendency to misbehave. You should enable Status Bar Icon so you can see if any of them are active.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Thanks; I did a Google and the worse culprit may be iCloud backups. I went into Settings-->iCloud and turned off options like Mail, Contacts, Calenders and Reminder (since I sync these with an Outlook server, I've no need for backing these up anyway). So far my battery life seems to have improved hugely.

I've also turned off many location services (while keeping some on).

This has some useful tips:

http://gizmodo.com/5854933/how-to-save-your-iphone-4s-crappy-battery

As a comparison, after 6 hours, my phone is now still at 79%.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dan1994

Hi I know this is off topic but has anybody noticed a difference in the contrast of the screen on the 4s compared to the 4 ?? Yellowgate as its being called on the apple forums

Advertisement