Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female on a road trip around Ireland this July

Options
  • 01-04-2012 3:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi
    I am planning a road trip this July, in Ireland. I am coming across on the ferry to Belfast and then plan to get across to the West Coast. I would like to go Galway Arts festival for a couple of days - other than that I plan to just see as the time draws nearer. Can anyone recommend any good pubs or places for me to go to?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Hi, I understand the intention of your post, but would urge you to be a little wary , sorry if i'm being Captain Obvious.
    I hope you enjoy your time in Galway, it's my fav County , check out Fat Freddys pizza (much nicer than it sounds) in Galway city centre. I hope its still open!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 corinneanne

Hi
    That was really nice of you! I will exercise caution I promise. Perhaps now I will edit the thread thinking about it.
    I will remember the pizza place.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

try and folow the festivals. start up up in donegal and work your way down south to kerry/west cork. arts festival iin galway is alright but if you are planning to go to any of the main attractions you should think about booking well in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭inisboffin

It really depends how long you have?
    If it's only a few days in Galway, try to pick a night or two of the festival and maybe book one thing, leave the other to chance. The craic (fun!) will be great no matter what you do. If you can, head out to Connemara for the night and stay in a hostel there. I recommend the Old Monastary for something unusual. Aran Islands are lovely too, but if you are short on time, Connemara is less hassle and cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

It would really help if we knew how long ie how many days, between leaving Belfast & leaving the West Coast. Are you driving & will you be looking for hostels, hotels or B&B's ? Also maybe some guide as to what appeals to you. What do you want to get out of the trip ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Are you looking for suggestions in Galway only or suggestions for the entire time in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

If I was you I'd try to go to Galway for the Volvo Ocean Race, there's going to be throngs of people at it and the atmosphere was great last time. Free music festival all week. Arts Festival is ok, nothing too crazy. Galway Races is just madness. As earlier person said becareful, Galway isn't quite as safe as it use to be. Don't be brave, get taxis when going out, don't try to walk. Don't stray too far from the town center if you are going drinking by yourself

Advertisement