Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blown oven fuse

• 01-04-2012 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

My oven blew a fuse earlier today while i was cooking some hot cross buns :( i flicked the fuse switch back up, but now the oven is not heating up properly...oven temp set to 220c and after half an hour i was able to put my hand on the trays in the oven and they were only luke warm. Was there something else i was meant to do other than flicking the switch back up? Am i meant to change something or is it the oven:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

possibly,your element has blown and needs to be replaced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

+1

If the light in the oven still works the main fuse isn't blown, so most likely the element is gone. The only source of heat was probably the bulb/light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,577 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Did you just flick the switch or did you turn oven off, flick switch and turn oven back on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

ted1 wrote: »
    Did you just flick the switch or did you turn oven off, flick switch and turn oven back on

From memory, i think i just flicked the switch but i'm not certain. Why? Would that have had an effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,577 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I imagine they have built in saftey circuit that needs them to be reset when the power is cut.

try it again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement