Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool are done. MOD POST #425 *ALL READ*

• 01-04-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭

The other thread hasn't been reopened as promised and this is a very serious issue.

Six defeats in seven games, it ain't good.

Discuss...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

popcorncat.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jesus Christ Xavi did you rub your hands together as you hit the return button?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nyeh...whatever takes your mind of your team bottling the league.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

hehehehehehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭MrMatisse

It gets worse and worse and worse. Anyone else would have been fired. 14th or 15th place awaits shortly if this isnt sorted.

Time to retire Kenny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Why was Dalglish on the pitch when Reina was getting sent off?? Lost the plot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

mike65 wrote: »
    Jesus Christ Xavi did you rub your hands together as you hit the return button?

It's a discussion board Michael, this sort of thing needs to be facilitated.
    Turtyturd wrote: »

There's an equivalent open for Mancini so it's only right we have somewhere to debate the King, equal opportunities and all that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Never seen Liverpool look as disinterested as today. That red was a bit of a joke - but not as much as Andy Carroll's dive in the first half. If he loses to Everton in the cup, I'd say he'll step down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hope he stays long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

popcorncat.gif

I think I have a new favourite gif.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Turtyturd wrote: »

you wish it was your club bottling the league im sure

i know i wish mine was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Liverpool are now second bottom(if table started on January 1, 3 points adrift of QPR, 4 off Wigan, 8 off Bolton) That is SHOCKING!

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Liverpool are now second bottom(if table started in January, 3 points adrift of QPR, 4 off Wigan, 8 off Bolton) That is SHOCKING!

Wow :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Nah. He's doing a grand job. Never thought someone would beat how well Woy did, but wow, Dalglish has managed it in spades.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

Its a shame the likes of Sunderland, Fulham, Norwich, Swansea, Stoke dont have more points so they could drift towards the bottom half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Why was the first thread closed?

It was promised it would be reopened?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Is this thread basically just a continuation for the haters in the Newcastle V Liverpool match thread?. Maybe just rename the other thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Xavi6 wrote: »
    There's an equivalent open for Mancini so it's only right we have somewhere to debate the King, equal opportunities and all that.

And Wenger. I agree, consistency is important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Why was Dalglish on the pitch when Reina was getting sent off?? Lost the plot?

Least Kenny did better than Carroll on the pitch!!!

Also i think he is doing a great job........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Dalglish possibly done with them now, but that said, most of the squad should also be done with Liverpool.

The choice is, get rid of half the squad and keep Kenny, or keep half the squad and get rid of Kenny.

New manager will be faced with same problems...they can't score and they can't defend.

• Advertisement

Xavi6 wrote: »
    It's a discussion board Michael, this sort of thing needs to be facilitated.

Yes I'm sure that's what you were thinking. Its not that brain fart threads like this shouldn't exist, I'd just sooner it wasn't a City fan that started it.

Yes I'm sure that's what you were thinking. Its not that brain fart threads like this shouldn't exist, I'd just sooner it wasn't a City fan that started it.

and what club would you prefer the person be a fan of?

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Dalglish possibly done with them now, but that said, most of the squad should also be done with Liverpool.
    Yea, Suarez was the only player who stood out for me today. Gerrard was woeful and Shelvey is championship player at best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Is this thread basically just a continuation for the haters in the Newcastle V Liverpool match thread?. Maybe just rename the other thread!

God I hate that word. Yes, we're just haters. Enjoy mediocrity.

re Helix

Oh Liverpool! I don't trust and have never trusted Xavi6, too often inferadig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I'd just sooner it wasn't a City fan that started it.

Do elaborate...

Edit: Just saw your reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Is the Dalglish record still statistically better than when Hodgson was there?

Not a great run for Liverpool, and disappointing for the powers that be in America, that after such an encouraging start for them this season, its fizzling out badly. Dalglish has enough standing there to keep some sort of job at Liverpool, but whether its as manager next year time will tell. Surprised how average the defence looks, as Steve Clarke was always seen as a good defensive coach.

re Helix

Oh Liverpool!

best away to a liverpool forum then:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Some very harsh criticisms - We all know if God's gift to football(Lucas) wasnt injured then Pool would be challenging for the league :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

re Helix

Trust me with what? :confused:

Anyway, where would the world be without a bit of gentle ribbing at the expense of those less fortunate?

re Helix

but you're whiter than white and never started a thread about another club I suppose?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭eugeneious

iainmacintosh: If Tottenham get a point today. Liverpool will be as close to the relegation zone as they are a Champions League place. 14pts.

Wow :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Some very harsh criticisms - We all know if God's gift to football(Lucas) wasnt injured then Pool would be challenging for the league :rolleyes:

You are slightly obsessed man it's not healthy, you had over 100 posts in the last thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Oranage2 wrote: »

God how childish is this.

I have no problem with these threads but they usually devolve into childish bashing rather than constructive discussion and there is therefore rarely any point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

re Helix

Aren't you a Wolves supporter? what do you care about what club a thread starter supports?

• Advertisement

Lads, please try to keep it on topic or mods will close it again - which is probably the objective of some posters

but you're whiter than white and never started a thread about another club I suppose?

Nope, the nearest as far as I can recall is "City & Utd Who will finish higher and why?" thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Amazing how everyone who criticises liverpool is a wind-up-merchant!!! News flash - it's no "wind-up" you're hovering above mid table.

Lads, please try to keep it on topic or mods will close it again - which is probably the objective of some posters

Fair point.

On topic, he as to go for the sake of Liverpool Football Club and the replacement has to be someone with no ties or previous affiliations. New man, clean slate, and get to work weeding out the rubbish.

Dalglish is tarnishing his reputation while taking the club backwards in the league, cut him loose.

niallo27 wrote: »
    You are slightly obsessed man it's not healthy, you had over 100 posts in the last thread.

Doubt that TBH since I have 300 soccer forum posts total -

But back on topic, Kenny just isnt a good enough manager and if a club spends 100+ million even a newly promoted team I'd expect some sort of top 4 challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,429 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Once they won the Carling Cup and got a place in Europe they had feck all left to play for.
    A CL spot was never realistic

They are just winding down the league games, why anyone is taking any heed of their league performances I really don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Amazing how everyone who criticises liverpool is a wind-up-merchant!!! News flash - it's no "wind-up" you're hovering above mid table.

There is no issue with criticism just have a look at the Liverpool thread and you will see plenty of it.

News flash.

Nope, the nearest as far as I can recall is "City & Utd Who will finish higher and why?" thread.

Just had a quick look at old threads you started in soccer.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63570290

How ironic you give out about a City fan starting a speculative thread on the Liverpool manager but you, a liverpool fan, started a speculative thread on the city manager at the time.

Very hypocritical mike.

I'd be curious to see who you guys think they will get in. I've never seen as much of Benitez as I have over the last two weeks and I don't think thats a coincidence.
    I don't think there is any chance for Ranieri but there are not many top level managers on the market at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭token56

He probably should go. Liverpool have some pretty good players and the potential to do a lot better but it just doesn't seem to be working with Kenny. He doesn't seem the be getting the best out of the players he has and whether thats down to him or them isn't important. It is going to be much easier for the people at the top to get rid of Kenny than to get rid of a couple of players and let him try rebuild even further.

Like someone else has said, someone fresh, who has had no previous affiliation with the club would probably have the best chance of getting the most out of the squad. Someone like AVB would actually be great I think but I'm not sure he would be keen to come back to England any time soon.

Just had a quick look at old threads you started in soccer.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=63570290

How ironic you give out about a City fan starting a speculative thread on the Liverpool manager but you, a liverpool fan, started a speculative thread on the city manager at the time.

Very hypocritical mike.

I now no longer trust mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Helix wrote: »
    you wish it was your club bottling the league im sure

i know i wish mine was

Wish?? We've been bottling the league all season. Not bad in the cups though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Some Liverpool fans getting rather touchy I see.

He has to go. Maybe not now but at the end of the season. He's spent a lot of money on players that are not performing to the standards that the owners would really like.

The players he's bought: Enrique, Henderson, Downing (an exception), Adam are enjoying their highest league position in the Premier League. They might be able to deem that as a success for themselves as players but as a club they're nowhere near as high as they should be.

He's spent horrendously, his tactics are shocking and his media bites are just cringeworthy week in and week out.

If I was the owners having forked over a good chunk of money I'd be expecting a return. A Carling Cup ahead of a top 4 finish is not a successful season for a club as supposedly as ambitious as Liverpool.

I see Liverpool fans mentioning players they'd like but do you think he'll be given a shed load of money to bring them in after awful transfer after awful transfer?

Kenny was the man to steady the ship after the new owners left and Hodgson was sacked but I don't think he's the man for the future. Yes, he's got history there but sometimes you have to think past history and look forward to the future because at the moment, it's a very bleak one.

The club needs somebody that will steady the ship, the only manager that has world class European experience but yet known for his organisation is Roy Hodgson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

plasmaguy wrote: »
    New manager will be faced with same problems...they can't score and they can't defend.

Only party right, think we're third behind the Manchester team for conceeding, but yip, couldn't score in a free night at a brothel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement