Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool are done. MOD POST #425 *ALL READ*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Dalglish is under scrutiny because of the transfers he has made. Nothing else in my opinion.

Hes not under scrutiny for the awful second half of the season?

or the terrible handling of the Saurez racism affair?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

Fuhrer wrote: »

Do you actually contribute anything other than sarcastic little remark with hypothetical questions to which you know the answer.

I've never actually seen you post anything that could ever be called constructive.

You're a nothing poster as far as I'm concerned.

But I'd love to be proved wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

The cause of that awful second half to the season is rooted in the transfers of Carroll, Downing and Henderson. The loss of Agger, Lucas, Johnson has pushed further responsibility on those players who have failed to respond.

Suarez affair will not help his cause should FSG consider replacing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Morricone wrote: »
    Do you actually contribute anything other than sarcastic little remark with hypothetical questions to which you know the answer.

I've never actually seen you post anything that could ever be called constructive.

There is nothing wrong with Fuhrers post you quoted.

Nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

cambo2008 wrote: »
    What I meant there was ye wouldn't have had the champions league runs under the old qualification format.
    Those runs glossed over the league form a fair bit.

getting to two finals in 3 years tends to

• Advertisement

Makes a nice change from our tragedy is more tragic than your tragedy
    Trilla wrote: »

Nothing.

Did I say there was.

But there is a problem with the post above yours. That's absolute bollocks.

His posts on the subject of Liverpool Football Club are a stream of dire negativity, never giving credit of any sort and never conceding so much as an inch, and never getting into any form of constructive/civil discussion except smart little 1 or 2 lines of sarcastic shít.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

The same could be said about you to be honest. You didn't even attack the right post

PS. Try posting without using bad language - expand your vocabulary my friend

Did I say there was.

But there is a problem with the post above yours. That's absolute bollocks.

His posts on the subject of Liverpool Football Club are a stream of dire negativity, never giving credit of any sort and never conceding so much as an inch, and never getting into any form of constructive/civil discussion except smart little 1 or 2 lines of sarcastic shít.

Its fascinating what a rich interest you've taken in me, is there anything more I can do to improve my posting to bring it more in to line with yours? It being of course a bastion of well reasoned arguments and fine balanced debate.

Did I say there was.

Well by asking the below

looks to me like you have a problem with anything he contributes, including his post you quoted. He's replying to someone pointing out two other situations that Dalglish can be criticized/scrutinzed on...whether they are obvious or not.

Theres a good few posts that fit the "sarcastic little remark" labelling in here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Yet it pops a few times in this thread. Purely because King Kenny won the Carling cup (jon penalties in the final to a championship side - just!) and is the semi finals of the FA Cup. The Northampton result was bad but it can be put down to a fluke, just like Manchester United drawing to Exeter.

So do you think Dalglish should be sacked because Hodgson was with a similar long run of results, or do you think Hodgson shouldn't have been sacked if Kenny hasn't been?

Also interested to hear from the other Hodgson apologists.

• Advertisement

Sappy404 wrote: »
    So do you think Dalglish should be sacked because Hodgson was with a similar long run of results, or do you think Hodgson shouldn't have been sacked if Kenny hasn't been?

Jesus thanks for the question! Breath of fresh air!!

I dont think Kenny should be sacked imo, definitely not now. I doubt he'll be there come August though. I don't think Hodgson should have been sacked either. My honest opinion.

I dont think Kenny should be sacked imo, definitely not now. I doubt he'll be there come August though. I don't think Hodgson should have been sacked either. My honest opinion.

Out of interest, who would you see as a suitable replacement for Kenny?

What do you think said replacement would do with Carroll, Adam, Henderson and Downing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Makes a nice change from our tragedy is more tragic than your tragedy

you gave the example of one poster, who was a troll who is now gone.

don't paint us all with that brush as if we all would use tragedies to try and points-score.

only absolute morons who are in the insignificant, extreme minority would do that.
    Or the staying classy line "no matter how much you talk about us or how shíte our results and performances are, we'll always have a place in the game nobody else has or will have"

Which I questioned earlier, genuinely looking for an answer as to what that means but it got removed/deleted somehow. Maybe I didn't word my question classy enough.

it was deleted because it referenced a discussion that i had to delete because the thread was going off course. there was nothing wrong with the question, it just muddled in the bollocks that was being posted.

results and performances point to our current standing in the game. of course they matter. and again, only a moron would claim otherwise.

but our history does mean there is a certain affection and respect with which we are, and possibly always will be held. i'm sorry, but that is just true.

much like Nottingham Forest will always be remembered as a European Cup winner.

much like Preston North End because of their exploits at the turn of the 20th Century have a certain standing in the game.

much like Real Madrid will always be held in esteem no matter what.

much like Manchester United, even in their barren years, were still held in high esteem throughout the 70s and 80s. much like they would be if and when they go through a patch of mediocrity again.

it's not a pompous thing. history means you have a certain standing in the game. it doesn't excuse us from being shíte, just like it wouldn't excuse any of those clubs i've listed from being shíte just because of their history. but the history does exist, and ere'go, the standing is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭billybudd

This is what happens when you treat a world class manager like **** and then get rid of him because of the opinions of a few.

I am a LFC supporter for 28 years but honestly was sick and still am at the way Benitez was treated by a few fans, players, club officials & media, quite sickening to see Mark L in the press defending Daglish when he should at least have the balls to be as consistent now as he was with his abuse of Benitez.

Daglish getting the job in the first place was a mistake.

Liverpool at this moment in time have turned good players in to terrible players who have no clue what they are doing, they lack organization, lack commitment, lack tactical awareness and most of all and most worrying is they lack heart.

Benitez never gave players heart by giving them a hug or a pat on the shoulder, he gave them heart by telling them that although the player who they where marking or being marked by is better than them if you follow my obstructions then you will be better than him after 90 mins.

In other words he gave them belief, instructions, intelligence, information and the mentality to raise their own game to a level that they would not have thought possible and when they did and when they looked for his compliments at the end of the game all they got was a well you could have done better and next game they probably did do better.

That’s the difference between a manager who brings his players to a boyzone concert and one who stays up all hours analyzing forthcoming teams so his players know 100% what their jobs and tactics are.

And that’s the sort of manager we need as we do not have the revenue to complete with teams who year after year challenge for the top trophies.

We need a manager who turns good and great players into brilliant and extraordinary players like Benitez did with Lucas, Torres, Gerard an even carragher to name but a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Apologies if asked before, only pop in here occasionally (the circus is entertaining but you wouldn't want to live there).

For the record I think Hodgson's results were dreadful, but he really really seemed to get everything else wrong, from the type of football to feuding with /ignoring certain players, from farcically excusing defeats to having a go at the fans, his reign was a disaster. Even though I don't entirely blame him for his transfers (under the circumstances) I still think he was absolutely diabolical at Liverpool.

And I'm a little bit on the fence about Kenny - I'd hate to see him sacked when a bit more time might see him turn things around - but I think standing down in the summer regardless of any possible FA Cup success would be for the best. I can understand why the success & the football he had us playing in 2011 and the two cup runs have bought him a lot of time with some fans, but long term, I don't think he's the best manager for the job.

billybudd wrote: »
    This is what happens when you treat a world class manager like **** and then get rid of him because of the opinions of a few.

I am a LFC supporter for 28 years but honestly was sick and still am at the way Benitez was treated by a few fans, players, club officials & media, quite sickening to see Mark L in the press defending Daglish when he should at least have the balls to be as consistent now as he was with his abuse of Benitez.

Daglish getting the job in the first place was a mistake.

Liverpool at this moment in time have turned good players in to terrible players who have no clue what they are doing, they lack organization, lack commitment, lack tactical awareness and most of all and most worrying is they lack heart.

Benitez never gave players heart by giving them a hug or a pat on the shoulder, he gave them heart by telling them that although the player who they where marking or being marked by is better than them if you follow my obstructions then you will be better than him after 90 mins.

In other words he gave them belief, instructions, intelligence, information and the mentality to raise their own game to a level that they would not have thought possible and when they did and when they looked for his compliments at the end of the game all they got was a well you could have done better and next game they probably did do better.

That’s the difference between a manager who brings his players to a boyzone concert and one who stays up all hours analyzing forthcoming teams so his players know 100% what their jobs and tactics are.

And that’s the sort of manager we need as we do not have the revenue to complete with teams who year after year challenge for the top trophies.

We need a manager who turns good and great players into brilliant and extraordinary players like Benitez did with Lucas, Torres, Gerard an even carragher to name but a few.

Good post but for every success Benitez, like most managers, has had his failures. I think on reflection people will note that Benitez inherited a team that included Gerrard, Carragher, Hyypia, Hamann, Finnan, Riise and others. It was a settled stable spine. I think Dalglish is starting from a lower base and suffering because his signings have not worked.

I actually think the football we are trying to play is a lot more pleasing than under Benitez.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Apologies if asked before, only pop in here occasionally (the circus in entertaining but you wouldn't want to live there).

For the record I think Hodgson's results were dreadful, but he really really seemed to get everything else wrong, from the type of football to feuding with /ignoring certain players, from farcically excusing defeats to having a go at the fans, his reign was a disaster. Even though I don't entirely blame him for his transfers (under the circumstances) I still think he was absolutely diabolical at Liverpool.

I'm seeing similar trends with Kenny. Dealing with the press, the Suarez incidents, player feuds not so much (I dont think those incidents with Carroll and Gerrard were anything to be fair vs Newcastle), most definitely type of football... I don't think he's had a go at the fans has he?

I agree with you as to what will happen regarding Kenny in the summer.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    it's not a pompous thing. history means you have a certain standing in the game.

I'm sorry but this is exactly what it is or what it is used as. Most clubs can throw this back at any given time... usually when they are wound up to the last or are in mega ultra defensive mode. "Have a place you'll never have". I see and hear that kinda crap attitude in work off some people, the old brigade, who walk around the office thinking they own the place or are on some sort of higher ground. Walking all over new staff members because they were there in 1997 when we won company of the year, didnt have a coffee machine or air conditioning and to have a mobile phone meant you were a yuppy. We were there when this happened and achieved this and you'll never have that. Same principal. Its wánk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Cyrus wrote: »
    What I meant there was ye wouldn't have had the champions league runs under the old qualification format.

Please check what I'm talking about before quoting me.

Well done on the 2 finals *round of applause*
    My point was Liverpool wouldn't have been in the competition under the old format and would have just had their league position and the odd domestic cup during that time.

It's pointless comparing era's.
    There's been too many changes to the game and formats of competitions to compare them fairly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm sorry but this is exactly what it is or what it is used as. Most clubs can throw this back at any given time... usually when they are wound up to the last are in mega ultra defensive mode. "Have a place you'll never have". I see that crap in work off some people, the old brigade, who walk around the office thinking they own the place. Walking all over new staff members cause they were there in 1997 when we won company of the year, didnt have a coffee machine or air conditioning and to have a mobile phone meant you were a yuppy. We were there when this happened and achieved this and you'll never have that. Same principal. Its a wánk statement.

fair enough.

i have my opinion because i, quite literally, have never heard the statement, "we'll have a place in the game you'll never have". it's not a statement i could ever envisage someone saying to me in real life.

Good post but for every success Benitez, like most managers, has had his failures. I think on reflection people will note that Benitez inherited a team that included Gerrard, Carragher, Hyypia, Hamann, Finnan, Riise and others. It was a settled stable spine. I think Dalglish is starting from a lower base and suffering because his signings have not worked.

I actually think the football we are trying to play is a lot more pleasing than under Benitez.

Not at you in particular but the whole myth that Liverpool played boring stuff under Benitez is a bit of a myth and misconception.

Sure we were pragmatic but when we went for the throat and breaked with pace like vs Madrid and United in 2009 it was absolutely breathtaking.

Like 3-3 vs Milan and West Ham. 4-2 in Champions League QF vs Arsenal. 08 Semi's vs Chelsea. The 4-4 quarter final vs Chelsea was a classic in 09. The 4-4 vs Arsenal in 09. Jesus in 08/09 some of the football was out of this world.

• Advertisement

Not at you in particular but the whole myth that Liverpool played boring stuff under Benitez is a bit of a myth and misconception.

Sure we were pragmatic but when we went for the throat and breaked with pace like vs Madrid and United in 2009 it was absolutely breathtaking.

Like 3-3 vs Milan and West Ham. 4-2 in Champions League QF vs Arsenal. 08 Semi's vs Chelsea. The 4-4 quarter final vs Chelsea was a classic in 09. The 4-4 vs Arsenal in 09. Jesus in 08/09 some of the football was out of this world.

I agree whole heartedly, just believe the way we play under Dalglish (at times) is a little more fluid and attractive.

Good post but for every success Benitez, like most managers, had his failures. I think on reflection people will note that Benitez inherited a team that included Gerrard, Carragher, Hyypia, Hamann, Finnan, Riise and others. It was a settled stable spine. I think Dalglish is starting from a lower base and suffering because his signings have not worked.

Obsolete in todays game, no pressing = no success. pass all you want but if you aint scring goals you aint getting points.

The football anfield witnessed during 2007-2009 was sesational at times and we tore teams apart on a regular basis and i for one saw the vision that benitez had for the future and it would have been been a very good future.

I would argue that the set up Daglish found when he took over was alot better than when Benitez took over, remember that Daglishs most consistent spell was when he used mostly benitez players and benitez formations and tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

If arsenal had won that final and finished 7th in the league, would it have been viewed as progress?

Well that would involve dropping out of the champions league places so ... obviously.

Not quite the same with Liverpool though. They'll go from sixth to seventh with one or two cups.

billybudd wrote: »
    Obsolete in todays game, no pressing = no success. pass all you want but if you aint scring goals you aint getting points.

The football anfield witnessed during 2007-2009 was sesational at times and we tore teams apart on a regular basis and i for one saw the vision that benitez had for the future and it would have been been a very good future.

I would argue that the set up Daglish found when he took over was alot better than when Benitez took over, remember that Daglishs most consistent spell was when he used mostly benitez players and benitez formations and tactics.

Not sure about this statement. Benitez took over a team that finished 4th.

Not sure about this statement. Benitez took over a team that finished 4th.

Fair enough, but he took over a team that sold its under performing striker who had been crap for over a year and had the guts of 65 million to spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Its funny, I never heard about it being devalued or less prestigious when Liverpool won it by finishing 4th in the league.

I can't understand why Liverpool fans keep bringing Ferguson into this saying he should have been sacked. I think its fair to say that since then he has redeemed himself since.

Do keep up, Fergie was yesterday, it had moved onto:
    Des wrote: »
    "our low ebb is better than your low ebb"

is that what it's come to for Liverpool fans here?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa :D:D:D

Des's clubs crap record in Europe and the league which had very little to do with Fergie seeing as he won a Cup Winners Cup.
    I agree, but that result aside their record is similar if people want to compare, which would mean Kenny was just as consistently shyte. You said it yourself Kenny played stronger sides (I don't know this for a fact when it comes to the first rounds of the carling cup) in the competitions so maybe its unfair to be bringing up being knocked out by Northampton at home on pens.

Well that's the team he picked. The league record isn't all that different, a CC and a cup SF which hasn't been played yet says otherwise. And I don't care about famous victories in Turkey in the Europa cup, United fans are well acquainted with how mickey mouse it is. The problem is the form since Xmas when we were on track for 4th.

Or the staying classy line "no matter how much you talk about us or how shíte our results and performances are, we'll always have a place in the game nobody else has or will have"

Which I questioned earlier, genuinely looking for an answer as to what that means but it got removed/deleted somehow. Maybe I didn't word my question classy enough.

Well you're the one making the big deal of the comment, wouldn't worry too much about it. As the most successful club from Britain in Europe I'd say there is some truth in it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Nothing.

I assume it was a reference to Hillsborough and Munich considering the stuff he comes out with. My ignore list doesn't block everything unfortunately.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I'll admit that Liverpool are playing some some of the most pleasant football for a long time under Dalglish, I remember the Pool vs Arsenal game and liverpool absolutely dominated but lost 2-1 after playing some very attractive football.

I look at the Liverpool and I dont know what's wrong? Some very good players:

Reina - One of the best keepers in the world.
    Johnson - Best english right back and one of the best in England.
    Enrique - World class.
    Agger - very good but injury prone.
    Skrtel - World class.
    Henderson - Has a lot of potential.
    Lucas - Best DM in the world.
    Gerrard - World class.
    Downing - Very good professional.
    Suarez - Football legend, Children of El Salvador will be singing his name to the ends of dawn.
    Carroll - Very good squad player.

So the team is fine, is it a problem with the manager so? which makes me think we should give Dalglish another year to see what he can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I'll admit that Liverpool are playing some some of the most pleasant football for a long time under Dalglish, I remember the Pool vs Arsenal game and liverpool absolutely dominated but lost 2-1 after playing some very attractive football.

Reina - One of the best keepers in the world. - not even the best in the PL
    Johnson - Best english right back and one of the best in England. - Same as above
    Enrique - World class. - nope, he certainly isn't, has been playing very poor as of late aswell.
    Agger - very good but injury prone. - I agree here, loved his goal vs west ham a couple years ago
    Skrtel - World class. - LOL
    Henderson - Has a lot of potential. - Time will tell how good he is when played in his actual position.
    Lucas - Best DM in the world. - No, a great player, but best in the world? not a chance.
    Gerrard - World class. - not anymore he's not, a shadow of his former self, whether thats due to management or getting old, I dunno.
    Downing - Very good professional. - A diving player who can't beat anyone and has barely two assists to rub together.
    Suarez - Football legend, Children of El Salvador will be singing his name to the ends of dawn. - hardly a football legend, but a very good player and will do anything to win, I like him.
    Carroll - Very good squad player. - He's not a "very good" anything.

So the team is fine, is it a problem with the manager so? which makes me think we should give Dalglish another year to see what he can do.

That team is ridiculously overrated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Cyrus wrote: »

Please check what I'm talking about before quoting me.

Well done on the 2 finals *round of applause*
    My point was Liverpool wouldn't have been in the competition under the old format and would have just had their league position and the odd domestic cup during that time.

It's pointless comparing era's.
    There's been too many changes to the game and formats of competitions to compare them fairly.

I knew exactly what you were saying, and I stand by what I said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Enrique - World class.
    Skrtel - World class.
    Gerrard - World class.
    Suarez - Football legend, Children of El Salvador will be singing his name to the ends of dawn.

Wanna send over some of that blue sky thinking to Kenny and the boys? Looks like you nicked it all and they could do with some

Reina - One of the best keepers in the world. Maybe, not on this seasons form
    Johnson - Best english right back and one of the best in England. not even the best right back at the club
    Enrique - World class. Just no
    Agger - very good but injury prone. Yes
    Skrtel - World class. One great season, 4 average ones does not make world class
    Henderson - Has a lot of potential. So does any young player
    Lucas - Best DM in the world. No
    Gerrard - World class. Was, not so much anymore
    Downing - Very good professional. His profession is footballer, so no
    Suarez - Football legend, Children of El Salvador will be singing his name to the ends of dawn. No they wont, good football skills but cant finish properly
    Carroll - Very good squad player. No, dont think anyone needs to explain why

If the squad is fine, and the problem is with the manager, you want another year for him to still be the problem?

If the squad is fine, and the problem is with the manager, you want another year for him to still be the problem?

I think if you fundamentally believe the manager to be capable, then patience even through the roughest of times can have its rewards.

Ferguson and Moyes are two who overcame early set backs and did well for their clubs after that.

Dalglish may well end up with 2 trophies this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

they won the same cup Birmingham City won last year. Have they progressed too?
    You can find a couple of exceptions to the rule in almost anything that suits you. The other winners in the past five years have been Manchester United, Tottenham and Chelsea. They are all good teams, Tottenham have went from strength to strength since they won it, Chelsea won a league title since they won and United of course are the reigning EPL champions.

eagle eye wrote: »
    You can find a couple of exceptions to the rule in almost anything that suits you. The other winners in the past five years have been Manchester United, Tottenham and Chelsea. They are all good teams, Tottenham have went from strength to strength since they won it, Chelsea won a league title since they won and United of course are the reigning EPL champions.

Chelsea and United were already challanging for the league when they wont it, it didnt turn anything around.

And Spurs, Jesus Christ, they ended up having their worst start to the league in their history and subsequently sacked their manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Why do people keep going back 23 years? Times have changed, it doesnt work that way anymore!! in 1989 Millwall, Coventry, Derby and Notts Forest finished ahead of United!! Notts Forest were 1 of the best clubs in the country!!Times change!!

Every manager going into every club would love 3 or 4 seasons to execute a long term plan. It's just not the way of the world in football anymore.

Move on from the 80s.

Times do change however the idea of putting a manager in charge of a team for a year and expecting instant success simply will never be an option regardless of team.

My point if you paid any attention was that when a manager is left alone for a period of time good things can happen, whereas sacking and constant changing of manager never leads to anything good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Enrique - World class.
    Skrtel - World class.
    Gerrard - World class.

As a Liverpool fan would have to dis agree with most of this...

Reina has been a great keeper for us but has been a bit off this year,
    Johnson has been a decent player for us,
    Enrique has shown promise but has shown a few flaws as well,
    Agger I would agree,
    Skrtel has had a great year but he needs to keep it up now
    Henderson has much to prove to justify his transfer
    Lucas is beginning to show he is one of the best DM in the world, not there yet.
    Gerrard is far from his best, but still an asset to us.
    Downing has had 1 or 2 decent performances for us thats it.
    Suarez great player but his finishing stats could be better.
    Carroll Just has not lived up to expectations, anywhere near.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭ilovelamp2000

Enrique - World class.
    Skrtel - World class.
    Gerrard - World class.

This will be the third time in a row that some of those world class players and best in the world ones have finished outside the the top four on the trot.

Reina and the back four are good, but Gerrard is practically done, Lucas isn't the best in the world by a long shot, Downing is ****e, Henderson does have potential (both good and bad), Suarez is literally the most overrated footballer on the planet right now, and Carroll could be a regular double figures scorer in the Premiership if he stopped being a nobhead.

No manager is doing anything special with that squad.

Enrique - World class.
    Skrtel - World class.
    Gerrard - World class.

Indeed.
    Be interesting to see how many fall for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Everything looks great on paper and we have some very talented players at club but we are just not seeing the performances on the pitch. Players just don't seem motivated enough over the last few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Enrique - World class.
    Skrtel - World class.
    Gerrard - World class.

Funniest post i've ever read on boards!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Funniest post i've ever read on boards!!

He has a point that those players need to show more commitment,
    Considering the quality, Not sure world class,
    But better than 6 defeats in 7 !
    I hate how we play, Its predictable, We rarely play through midfield, Enricky takes ball forward, O THE SECRETS OUT LOL
    Geez come on, I see us do same move over and over, No creativity
    It should never be predictable, And that's what it is ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Apparently Fergie rang Kenny up to offer him some sympathy

i hate those videos, just sayin

Enrique - World class.
    Skrtel - World class.
    Gerrard - World class.

They didn't bite as much as I thought!

Reina - been dodgy enough lately, many said it on the superthtead, was great when Lucas was playing, Reina played the Beckanbaur role! ;)

Johnson actually has been very good.

Enrique was over rated because of the other transfers, I'm in a minority opinion on the superthread. Not a bad signing though.

Henderson - I don't have a clue, I suspect he doesn't either. Tidy footballer and that's about it for £16 Million.

Agger - true, he is very, very good but injury prone.

Skrtel - LOL, He's like an endearing puppy, needs a good trainer, in other words, needs a brains of the operation.

Lucas - well he was supposed to be crap a couple of years ago, now World class, so somewhere in the middle, though further from the crap opinion.

Gerrard - in wrong position, probably due to injuries and lack of alternatives.

Downing - tell him what to do and keep doing it, like Rafa would have.

Otherwise it's a Dougal and Damo run around on the front lawn.

The other 2 are just too obvious, though not enough for some! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

K-9 wrote: »
    They didn't bite as much as I thought!

Reina - been dodgy enough lately, many said it on the superthtead, was great when Lucas was playing, Reina played the Beckanbaur role! ;)

Enrique was over rated because of the other transfers, I'm in a minority opinion on the superthread. Not a bad signing though.

Henderson - I don't have a clue, I suspect he doesn't either. Tidy footballer and that's about it for £16 Million.

Agger - true, he is very, very good but injury prone.

Skrtel - LOL, He's like an endearing puppy, needs a good trainer, in other words, needs a brains of the operation.

Lucas - well he was supposed to be crap a couple of years ago, now World class, so somewhere in the middle, though further from the crap opinion.

Gerrard - in wrong position, probably due to injuries and lack of alternatives.

Downing - tell him what to do and keep doing it, like Rafa would have.

Otherwise it's a Dougal and Damo run around on the front lawn.

The other 2 are just too obvious, though not enough for some! ;)

Realistically, what starting line up would you like to see next year?

As much as I don't think they will sack kenny, and I don't think he'll retire, I don't know how they will trust him with a transfer budget after the carroll/henderson signings, but enrique was a solid signing.

K-9 wrote: »

Only one I could nitpick at out of your post but I disagree big time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

eagle eye wrote: »
    :D are you serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Don't think you can do well in the EPL these days without a Michael Owen/Alan Shearer/Wayne Rooney/RVP/Peak Torres to get you minimum 20+ league goals a season.

Massive season next season for Suarez to prove he has what it takes to succeed as a top class finisher, which probably demands at least 15 EPL goals.

In terms of Pool buying another striker, why not Carlos Tevez, seems a straightforward buy to me, or else an offer for Balotelli or some other striker whose out of favour with a manager.

I don't think the lack of CL football would bother either of these too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

plasmaguy wrote: »
    Don't think you can do well in the EPL these days without a Michael Owen/Alan Shearer/Wayne Rooney/RVP/Peak Torres to get you minimum 20+ league goals a season.

Massive season next season for Suarez to prove he has what it takes to succeed as a top class finisher, which probably demands at least 15 EPL goals.

In terms of Pool buying another striker, why not Carlos Tevez, seems a straightforward buy to me, or else an offer for Balotelli or some other striker whose out of favour with a manager.

I don't think the lack of CL football would bother either of these too much.

Far from straightforward. His reported £220k/week wages being the obvious stumbling block.

But yeah, not having a consistent goalscorer has really cost Liverpool this season, as has their underperforming wingers and lack of cover for Lucas. Many more problems than just putting the ball in the net.

• Advertisement
Advertisement