Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool are done. MOD POST #425 *ALL READ*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Des wrote: »
    Seriously mate, you are the one who is beginning to look a bit deranged now.

Just sayin.

See now, you're just deflecting from my deflection!

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Seems like every day anyway,it's tiresome at this stage but you keep telling yourself it's heartwarming,that should get you through it ;)

Ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Leiva wrote: »
    ...feck knows what i would do if and when we clinch No.19 :P

19 won't mean a thing, it will still be less than United's record.

/obsession

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I can tell you one thing and maybe its just me but if it was Liverpool I would be full of glee and all over the Liverpool thread glowing about the team , performances to date , and what the future brings - not talking crap and crowing on thread about a struggling rival .

Can't some people do both?
    Maybe people gloat about their team in the real world and discuss the failures of their rivals here, can't people do this even if it is to get certain reactions or just to have a healthy discussion?
    Why do you have spaces before full stops and commas?

Trust me as long as a big team suffer and if they're part of a big rivalry you are going to get this.

The night United got knocked out of the CL was fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Can this be locked until the schools are from from their Easter break?

Can this be locked until the schools are from from their Easter break?

Looks like our deflecting is working!

I would mind, but it's only Utd fans responding to a small part of a post where i didn't even mention Utd and wasn't even the main point!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Looks like our deflecting is working!

I would mind, but it's only Utd fans responding to a small part of a post where i didn't even mention Utd and wasn't even the main point!

monkey9,

How long do you think Kenny has left in the job at Liverpool?
    If beyond next summer how much money will he get?
    Will he be making the signings?
    How much money do you think he'll need?
    What positions does he need to strengthen in?
    What about backroom stafff?
    Who is available to fill this gaps if any?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Nope, not all. People watch football matches. Of course i'll put the boot into other clubs!!!

But it's when Liverpool obsessed fans of other clubs go on and on and on about Liverpool more than any other club, even their own, that i find weird!

What are you on about theirs a thread nearly every year when United hit a blip about if they are done. With hundreds of comments or the conspiraces. United score alot of goals because they get Fergie time, they score more goals than others in injury time because they have so much heart and put so much pressure on. Everytime they get a penalty United get all the decisions. Howard Webb is a United fan. Most Liverpool fans i know celebrate a United defeat more than a Liverpool win. The world is obsessed with Man United and alot more than they are obsessed with Liverpool. Its not obsession its called banter laughing at a club who are struggling. I could only imagine the amount of posts if it was United in mid table staring at the posibility of finishing in the bottom half of the table.

Trilla wrote: »
    monkey9,

How long do you think Kenny has left in the job at Liverpool?
    If beyond next summer how much money will he get?
    Will he be making the signings?
    How much money do you think he'll need?
    What positions does he need to strengthen in?
    What about backroom stafff?
    Who is available to fill this gaps if any?

How long he has left depends on next season. I think he'll still be there, but there'll have to be serious improvement in league form. As Shankly said, that's the bread and butter. If things continue like they have this season, i can see him stepping aside a few months in.

I've no idea how much money he'll get. But what's obvious is we need a goalscorer. Too many times this season we've left what should be victories remain draws. This has dragged down the confidence gradually into what we have now, a habit of losing!

A better manager would get more out of this squad, no doubt. We'd be higher up the table with the players we have. I'm not saying the squad is league winning standard, but it's way way better than the league table suggests.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    What are you on about theirs a thread nearly every year when United hit a blip about if they are done. With hundreds of comments or the conspiraces. United score alot of goals because they get Fergie time, they score more goals than others in injury time because they have so much heart and put so much pressure on. Everytime they get a penalty United get all the decisions. Howard Webb is a United fan. Most Liverpool fans i know celebrate a United defeat more than a Liverpool win. The world is obsessed with Man United and alot more than they are obsessed with Liverpool. Its not obsession its called banter laughing at a club who are struggling. I could only imagine the amount of posts if it was United in mid table staring at the posibility of finishing in the bottom half of the table.

So are we deluded or are we as a club where we should be??

• Advertisement

So are we deluded or are we as a club where we should be??

Both Liverpool fans call themselves a big club living on past glory's. I dont understand where you should be your not good enough for the top four and not bad enough for the bottom half so mid table is about right.

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Both Liverpool fans call themselves a big club living on past glory's. I dont understand where you should be your not good enough for the top four and not bad enough for the bottom half so mid table is about right.

Right, so you think Kenny Dalglish is doing a good job then, yeah??

And by the way, past glories?? What past glories are these?? The ones in the seventies and eighties or the ones over the past decade or so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

:rolleyes:

An example from the United city game.

And WE are the obsessed ones

This mightn't be the forum for you if you can't take a bit of slagging and it would seem you can't, going to that bother.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    This mightn't be the forum for you if you can't take a bit of slagging and it would seem you can't, going to that bother.

Ah come on he was just making a point. Many people pull multi posts from another thread to backup a point or illustrate something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Liverpool fans think everyone is obsessed with them. They call us bitter and obsessed yet they post all 25 reviews on Amazon mocking an unreleased David Moyes DVD. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Everton-David-Moyes-Ten-DVD/dp/B007IT89IQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Agree with it all .

I never suggested folk play stum and just fap for Utd , but there was a couple of posters who's post count was purely Liverpool related after the Utd game ...I dont have the time in work to search etc and couldnt be arsed .

Again I was only stating my own opinion on how i would feel/react if Liverpool had essentially taken ownership of the title .
    I also would be accross multiple threads but full of Liverpool chat ...feck knows what i would do if and when we clinch No.19 :P

There's posters like that on both sides.

I'd wager if you added up TurtyTurds posts, he'd probably have more in United related threads than any other, such is his "posting style".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There's posters like that on both sides.

I'd wager if you added up TurtyTurds posts, he'd probably have more in United related threads than any other, such is his "posting style".

Most are in the Liverpool thre.....wait that proves your point.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

What I got from that was he was pointing out the hypocrisy of someone getting worked up over United fans slagging off Liverpool when that same person among plenty of others was doing the very same when United were embarassed.

I mentioned that very same thread in response to a similar assumption from another Liverpool poster but I was just too lazy to go searching for it.

Right, so you think Kenny Dalglish is doing a good job then, yeah??

And by the way, past glories?? What past glories are these?? The ones in the seventies and eighties or the ones over the past decade or so!

Where did i say anything about Kenny Dalglish doing a good job you said everyone is obsessed with Liverpool which i disagree. It is funny to laugh at liverpool nobody is obsessed its fun to ridicule a club for the season they are having. On Kenny i hope he stays so can watch him make a fool of himself and the club for another year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

MrvKCG8N_original.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Again, it's not an "obsession". Liverpool are a big club, that's something we can all agree on.

their current struggles are interesting, not only to Liverpool fans, but to everyone that watches football. It's not "haters hating" it's not "obsession", it's just what it is.

This. I absolutely agree.

I think "obsession" and "deluded" are two words, amongst others, that should be starred out in the SF.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    What I got from that was he was pointing out the hypocrisy of someone getting worked up over United fans slagging off Liverpool when that same person among plenty of others was doing the very same when United were embarassed.

I mentioned that very same thread in response to a similar assumption from another Liverpool poster but I was just too lazy to go searching for it.

Well lads, opposition posters are going to rub it in after a big loss, happens to Liverpool threads as well, that's all that is "proving". That posters would take it so seriously is a bit sad.

Then you get the obsessive types who seem to actually hate their rivals more than support their own team, rather sad types, I'm sure Liverpool have their share.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

You have to say, he knows how to play the supporters.
    ''People are entitled to their opinions but the opinions that count are inside the club. We will get on with our work. The most important thing is to get some support. It is easy to support a team that is winning every week but when things are not going so well – that is when you need your supporters."

long live kenny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

He's 100% right? :confused:

Mr Alan wrote: »
    He's 100% right? :confused:

He always is.

• Advertisement

Leftist wrote: »

long live kenny.

I think you are confused there!

He always is.

Not true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

More than likely this thread was just set up for rival fans to slag off Liverpool fans, worse thing is many Liverpool fans including my self are falling for it :rolleyes:

How many people really think this thread is about talking about weather KK is up to the job or weather it is just an opportunity to slag off Liverpool fans??

I'm worse for keep posting in it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

More than likely this thread was just set up for rival fans to slag off Liverpool fans, worse thing is many Liverpool fans including my self are falling for it :rolleyes:

How many people really think this thread is about talking about weather KK is up to the job or weather it is just an opportunity to slag off Liverpool fans??

I'm worse for keep posting in it!!
    Paranoid much?
    It is a legitimate question given liverpools league position, form and signings under the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Well lads, opposition posters are going to rub it in after a big loss, happens to Liverpool threads as well, that's all that is "proving". That posters would take it so seriously is a bit sad.

The irony was clearly lost on you. The same liverpool 'fans' would be cheering for everton when they are playing united despite the fact that an everton win has more impact on their clubs league position than mine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'm not talking just about this thread. I'm talking threads in general. Even the real world!! Everyone goes on and on about Liverpool!!

It's heartwarming!!

Check out Arsenal threads from last season and the start of this season, every time they messed up 2 of half a dozen of so posters would come in to say "Arselol" or equivalent. Funnily enough it happened less in the last match they messed up in, wonder why that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Paranoid much?
    It is a legitimate question given liverpools league position, form and signings under the man.

Not that paranoid, just seems pretty obvious to me now, going by most the comments I have seen in here, not all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Its how\whether Kenny gets you out of this slump that will count to how he is measured at the end of the season
    Fully expect a Pool home win to end the slump.

A strong finish, a cup (maybe 2) will go a long way to keeping him employed
    Plus pool are back in europe
    Just a case of finishing as far up as possible

Leftist wrote: »

long live kenny.

Whats he supposed to say were struggling i would like the fans to boo the team. Some people are really blind to his failings. Your very easily played.

The irony was clearly lost on you. The same liverpool 'fans' would be cheering for everton when they are playing united despite the fact that an everton win has more impact on their clubs league position than mine.

Would they now? Amazing mind reading skills I must say.

Not true.

I would be interested to know your opinion on what Kenny did well and what he did wrong this season, including the teams performances in the cups and the handling of the Suarez incident(s).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Its how\whether Kenny gets you out of this slump that will count to how he is measured at the end of the season
    Fully expect a Pool home win to end the slump.

A strong finish, a cup (maybe 2) will go a long way to keeping him employed
    Plus pool are back in europe
    Just a case of finishing as far up as possible

And this is the crux of the matter. Villa have been absolutely rotten since Dunne got injured.

I think a lot more hinges on the cup game than where they finish in the league

I would be interested to know your opinion on what Kenny did well and what he did wrong this season, including the teams performances in the cups and the handling of the Suarez incident(s).

No issue with his handling of Suarez.

Big mistake letting Meireles & Aquilani go, should have kept one, instead he gambled on Gerrard being fit for the majority of the season. Stupid decision. Especially when you check out the minuscule fee we got for Aquilani.

I've been baffled by his handling of Andy Carroll throughout the season, at times he's gotten a few games & looked good. Then mysteriously dropped for a couple of games without apparent reason. Which bring him back to square 1 when he comes back into the side.

I don't like the fact that when Agger is injured, he moves the side Skrtel plays on to seemingly accomadate Carragher. (relatively small thing).

I don't like seeing Henderson out on the right (relatively small thing).

I think we should have been in the market for a couple of players in Jan.

What he's done well this season?

Well up until Christmas we were pretty much where wanted to be, I thought he'd a decent first half to the season, despite the things I've mentioned above-the run of form we're on now is horrendous-6 defeats in our last 7?! Ouch. We're better than this run we're on & as such if we can recover from this run & close out the season better, I'd be happy for Kenny to go into next year knowing that if we can repeat this season without this horrendous run of form, as well as improve a couple of small things, we'll likely get back to where we need to be.

Kudos for winning the Carling Cup, our first trophy in years, kudos for an FA Cup semi final & kudos for getting us back into Europe.

The loss of Lucas cannot be under estimated, he is arguably our most influential player and the sooner we see him back in the side, the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Big mistake letting Meireles & Aquilani go, should have kept one, instead he gambled on Gerrard being fit for the majority of the season. Stupid decision. Especially when you check out the minuscule fee we got for Aquilani.

I've been baffled by his handling of Andy Carroll throughout the season, at times he's gotten a few games & looked good. Then mysteriously dropped for a couple of games without apparent reason. Which bring him back to square 1 when he comes back into the side.

I don't like the fact that when Agger is injured, he moves the side Skrtel plays on to seemingly accomadate Carragher. (relatively small thing).

Well up until Christmas we were pretty much where wanted to be, I thought he'd a decent first half to the season, despite the things I've mentioned above-the run of form we're on now is horrendous-6 defeats in our last 7?! Ouch. We're better than this run we're on & as such if we can recover from this run & close out the season better, I'd be happy for Kenny to go into next year knowing that if we can repeat this season without this horrendous run of form, as well as improve a couple of small things, we'll likely get back to where we need to be.

Kudos for winning the Carling Cup, our first trophy in years, kudos for an FA Cup semi final & kudos for getting us back into Europe.

The loss of Lucas cannot be under estimated, he is arguably our most influential player and the sooner we see him back in the side, the better.

Pretty much sums it up for me except maybe the Suarez t shirts thing could be seen by the owners as negative publicity, especially as he seemed to feck it up re the handshake after

Meireles for me as a chelsea fan - very hit and miss, but chipped in with 2 vital goals (Man City and Benfica) Just a shame that he seems to have forgotten how to pass the ball

Cheers Mr Alan.

Interesting you think Kenny did no wrong. What about the clubs handling of it? It's okay if you think thats okay too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

We were. Texeira, the Uruguyan striker, Sinclair from Swansea and Junior Hoilett. They just didn't come off.

Interesting you think Kenny did no wrong. What about the clubs handling of it? It's okay if you think thats okay too!

Ha thanks for your permission! :D

Yea, I've no real issue with the clubs/Kenny's handling of it.

It was a near impossible situation, defend the player & you're seen to be 'condoning' racism-no good can come of it. Don't & you are hanging the player out to dry when many people feel the whole incident was a bit of a farce.

I understand from a PR point of view it wasn't a good thing for the club, but tbf I couldn't give a **** about that in the grand scheme of things.

Also worth pointing out that Suarez is far more likely to want to stay at the club while we try get back to the summit of European football as a result of the support he received throughout.

The major issue I had around the affair was Suarez not shaking Evra's hand, regardless of his thoughts on Evra, he owed it to the club who supported him so ferociously to draw a line under the affair with that handshake & he ****ed that up. Kenny & the club acted swiftly in that instance to make clear Suarez had broken ranks in doing that.
    We were. Texeira, the Uruguyan striker, Sinclair from Swansea and Junior Hoilett. They just didn't come off.

That's only speculation, even if true, we still failed to get anyone in which Kenny/Comolli are responsible for.

Ha thanks for your permission! :D

Yea, I've no real issue with the clubs/Kenny's handling of it.

It was a near impossible situation, defend the player & you're seen to be 'condoning' racism-no good can come of it. Don't & you are hanging the player out to dry when many people feel the whole incident was a bit of a farce.

I understand from a PR point of view it wasn't a good thing for the club, but tbf I couldn't give a **** about that in the grand scheme of things.

Also worth pointing out that Suarez is far more likely to want to stay at the club while we try get back to the summit of European football as a result of the support he received throughout.

The major issue I had around the affair was Suarez not shaking Evra's hand, regardless of his thoughts on Evra, he owed it to the club who supported him so ferociously to draw a line under the affair with that handshake & he ****ed that up. Kenny & the club acted swiftly in that instance to make clear Suarez had broken ranks in doing that.

That's only speculation, even if true, we still failed to get anyone in which Kenny/Comolli are responsible for.

Well the Texeira interest was very real with lots of stuff coming out of Uruguay.

The other stuff came from a very reliable source on twitter.

I think its more prudent to wait til the summer.

very reliable source on twitter.

lolololololol

lolololololol

Whats so funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Adolf Hipster

Whats so funny?
    Twitter doesn't have very reliable sources, I'd imagine is what he is saying.

Whats so funny?

You are stumpy, you are.

You are stumpy, you are.

I don't get it. @stephen1martin. Check it out. Seems to know someone in the club.

Twitter is full of tossers but its also a great tool for gathering info if you know where to look.

Seems to know

is enough for me to ignore it thanks all the same.

Unless it's the twitter account of an official club person, nothing is reliable.

• Advertisement

is enough for me to ignore it thanks all the same.

Unless it's the twitter account of an official club person, nothing is reliable.

I don't care what you think of it. You're opinion means absolutely nothing to me. No offence.

Advertisement