Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool are done. MOD POST #425 *ALL READ*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I don't care what you think of it. You're opinion means absolutely nothing to me. No offence.

Why would I be offended by some no-mark posting under an anonymous pseudonym? :confused:

What a bizarre post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Ha thanks for your permission! :D
    Well I worded it like that to limit the potential amount of posts slating you for saying you don't have a problem with it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Des wrote: »
    Why would I be offended by some no-mark posting under an anonymous pseudonym? :confused:

What a bizarre post.

What are you on about Des?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

What are you on about Des?

To take a guess at it.
    I don't care what you think of it. You're opinion means absolutely nothing to me. No offence.
    Des wrote: »

What a bizarre post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

DB21 wrote: »
    Nah. He's doing a grand job. Never thought someone would beat how well Woy did, but wow, Dalglish has managed it in spades.

Roy was a far better manager for Liverpool than Dalglish has been. if he got the same funds and was still there, i think liverpool would be in contenton for a CL spot this year.

dalglish is a man who has been extremely lucky in his managerial career and was found out at newcastle, celtic and now at liverpool. he inherited a great liverpool side and all the money in the world almost, at blackburn.

• Advertisement

Roy was a far better manager for Liverpool than Dalglish has been. if he got the same funds and was still there, i think liverpool would be in contenton for a CL spot this year.

dalglish is a man who has been extremely lucky in his managerial career and was found out at newcastle, celtic and now at liverpool. he inherited a great liverpool side and all the money in the world almost, at blackburn.

How do you figure that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

How do you figure that?

liverpools worst run of results in 58 years is proof enough for me. 100+million spent is another, poor football based on hoof ball.

i could go on. when roy was at the club, it was in turmoil after rafa, G & H, the fans werent behind him, several players wanted out. considering he faced all this crap, i think its safe to say roy was doing better than Dalglish is doing right now.

liverpools worst run of results in 58 years is proof enough for me. 100+million spent is another, poor football based on hoof ball.

i could go on. when roy was at the club, it was in turmoil after rafa, G & H, the fans werent behind him, several players wanted out. considering he faced all this crap, i think its safe to say roy was doing better than Dalglish is doing right now.

I don't think you can level that at Dalglish's Liverpool. Certainly if you've watched any games this season.

Why is it only opposition fans that applaud Hodgson? Isn't that reason enough in itself. The more unpopular the Liverpool manager is, the better he is for the club.

I don't think you can level that at Dalglish's Liverpool. Certainly if you've watched any games this season.

Why is it only opposition fans that applaud Hodgson? Isn't that reason enough in itself. The more unpopular the Liverpool manager is, the better he is for the club.

I think its down to that he was never given a chance, any chance, by the Liverpool fans so you wont find too many of them supporting him now hes gone. Hodgson was in a no win situation from day 1. Somebody has to fight his corner

kryogen wrote: »
    I think its down to that he was never given a chance, any chance, by the Liverpool fans so you wont find too many of them supporting him now hes gone. Hodgson was in a no win situation from day 1. Somebody has to fight his corner

I was more than happy to see him get the job at the time, I thought he could do for Liverpool what he did for Inter, during a time of turmoil.

The problems slowly emerged. In terms of handling the media he was appalling. Especially when he suggested that should Utd approach Liverpool for Torres, it might be hard to resist for club and player. This culminated in blaming the fans for results.

On the football side, the team was so shackled by positioning and his 2 banks of four approach that the football became unwatchable.

As in most cases, it wasn't one particular thing but the amalgamation of various factors that made his position untenable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

cambo2008 wrote: »
    What I got from that was he was pointing out the hypocrisy of someone getting worked up over United fans slagging off Liverpool when that same person among plenty of others was doing the very same when United were embarassed.

I mentioned that very same thread in response to a similar assumption from another Liverpool poster but I was just too lazy to go searching for it.

Hold on. Hypocrisy?? I'm not getting worked up about Utd fans slagging off Liverpool. I never said that.

I'm talking about the obsession, on here and in real life, that people have with Liverpool. And also, the debates on here about things that haven't been said. Pages of it at times. Rival fans going about Liverpool thinking 'this is our year'! Who says that? I've never said, not in a serious manner.

Or the general assumption that all Liverpool fans are delighted with the job Kenny is doing and ge can do no wrong etc etc. It's just bizarre some of the stuff that's talked about that has no foundation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This thread is going well then...just spotted this stat, if only we had a striker

* Liverpool have had 30 more shots than Manchester United but have scored 40 fewer goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

mike65 wrote: »
    This thread is going well then...just spotted this stat, if only we had a striker

* Liverpool have had 30 more shots than Manchester United but have scored 40 fewer goals

Thats a stupid stat and means nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

mike65 wrote: »

You do but they just happen to be shit...and whose fault is that?

Xavi6 wrote: »

Andy Carrolls.

Jaysus, straight to the point there Xavi!!!!

Aye, I saw the stat that Suarez has taken 107 shots in the league and has 7 goals, or 6 not sure, imagine if ye had a forward capable of converting more then 1 in 15 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Andy Carrolls.

bygraves_duhduhh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Guys, cut out the revisionist history calling Hodgson a good manager for Liverpool, it's patently obvious he wasn't. I'm not saying Dalglish has done any better this season, but Hodgson clearly wasn't going anywhere.

bygraves_duhduhh.jpg

Everybody who saw this post made the noise, right??

• Advertisement

bygraves_duhduhh.jpg

He's not responsible for his own performances?

Andy Carrolls.

So Kennys fault then, for spending 57ish million on a strike force that has achieved 10 goals between them!

Funnily, Bellamy who cost nothing has scored 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

In terms of whether Kenny will be at Liverpool next season, I think the Everton game is massive.

If he loses that, it could be a step too far. The writing really would be on the wall then, unless the league form improved dramatically between now and the end of the season.

So Kennys fault then, for spending 57ish million on a strike force that has achieved 10 goals between them!

Funnily, Bellamy who cost nothing has scored 6

By far and away Kenny's best signing of the summer!

Agree ^^

Kenny Dalglish's in the main.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

Blatter wrote: »
    In terms of whether Kenny will be at Liverpool next season, I think the Everton game is massive.

If he loses that, it could be a step too far. The writing really would be on the wall then, unless the league form improved dramatically between now and the end of the season.

I agree.

I think his future will be decided by that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Thats a stupid stat and means nothing

Of course it means something. It's a reflection of shots per goal, which in turn can be interpreted as a reflection if the quality of a teams finishers.
    Now statistics can be twisted to mean practically anything, but to dismiss that particular stat as meaning nothing us wrong IMO.
    What it does say I think is that the quality of Liverpool's strike force is not up to scratch. Mind you, I don't think we need statistics to see that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

alproctor wrote: »
    Of course it means something. It's a reflection of shots per goal, which in turn can be interpreted as a reflection if the quality of a teams finishers.
    Now statistics can be twisted to mean practically anything, but to dismiss that particular stat as meaning nothing us wrong IMO.
    What it does say I think is that the quality of Liverpool's strike force is not up to scratch. Mind you, I don't think we need statistics to see that.

Is it shots on target?

• Advertisement

Yeah, i think Everton could be huge like that alright. If we beat them, he'll definitely start the season as manager, whether we win the final or not.

If we lose then it could be the catalyst. But i think he'll be there next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

This is the while point. Looking at it in isolation is just stupid.

It could be that the keepers are making 4 or 5 amazing saves per game or at the other end of the scale most of these shots could be nearer the corner flag or row Z than near the target. It could be misses from 2 yards out or having to take shots from deep. Only when you look at the shots themselves does it actually tell you something. The stat itself can be misleading

RasTa wrote: »
    Is it shots on target?

That actually hadn't occurred to me. Have no idea...

Of course it can be misleading if taken in isolation. I think the point the original poster was trying to make was that it was a poor chance conversion ratio(if that's what you want to call it) in comparison to the same stat from Manchester United.

That aside, the point is Liverpool's strikers are not up to scratch to be competing at the top table, even the most fervent supporter of the club must admit that.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yeah, i think Everton could be huge like that alright. If we beat them, he'll definitely start the season as manager, whether we win the final or not.

If we lose then it could be the catalyst. But i think he'll be there next season.

Nah the Everton game is irrelevant for FSG, Liverpool are already in Europe winning another Cup game is very much secondary to the way the team are playing in the league and the results - that's what the owners are interested in.

Loosing against Everton won't add any greater pressure from fans, at this stage people most people have a view of Dalglish and defeat won't change the balance of "he must stay/he should go" much.

Anyone got any opinions on the question in the OP after todays game?

Didn't see it myself, but from what I'm reading, performance was poor again?....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Didn't see it myself, but from what I'm reading, performance was poor again?....
    Performance wasn't really poor tbh.
    Finishing let them down again.
    I still don't have an opinion on the op and I don't think I ever will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

He needs to stop blaming refs and bad luck. If he can't see the faults in that side and continues to delude himself then he's of no use to Liverpool.

They played better today, but any side would against a poor, depleted Villa side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just saw Kenny's interview on SSN.
    Normally I ignore those interviews but I found his 'victim' approach to be a bit worrying.

Can't blame officaldom for poor performances and league position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just say Kenny's interview on SSN.
    Normally I ignore those interviews but I found his 'victim' approach to be a bit worrying.

Can't blame officaldom for poor performances and league position.
    The man's delusional, he's been at that all season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭mark renton

The season was over a couple of weeks ago - most real Liverpool supporters arent bothered with league games now and it seems the players aint bothered either, does it matter if we finish 8th/9th or 6th?? Not one fcukin bit

looking forward to a clearout and move on for next season...

Also kuyt has proven himself useless fcuker yet again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

john47832 wrote: »
    The season was over a couple of weeks ago - most real Liverpool supporters arent bothered with league games now and it seems the players aint bothered either, does it matter if we finish 8th/9th or 6th?? Not one fcukin bit

Try a few months ago.

Try a few months ago.

Kuyt has been crap all season

Most real supporters?

Love that phrase, the crux of your post is true enough, doesnt really matter where you finish in the league so it would be a good time for him to actually try out some different tactics, maybe play the donkey he paid 35million for and just give him till the end of the season in the team, regardless of performance to see if he can settle and find something like a bit of form?

Maybe if he felt like he was not going to be dropped regardless of performance, or unless he is perfect that he would do better? some players need to know the manager has faith in them, playing with less nerves can only be a good thing for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Kuyt has been crap all season

Kuyt has been crap throughout his entire Liverpool career.

Ardent wrote: »
    Kuyt has been crap throughout his entire Liverpool career.

Thats just not true.

Thats just not true.

Yes, is very true, and until people open their eyes to some of the crap that put on a Liverpool jersey each week we will be stuck exactly where we are

he was bought as a striker, couldnt score for sh1t, got dropped by the national team then, has a first touch like an elephant, played as a winger and cant cross a ball to save his life never mind accurately pass a ball 25 yards, at one point when Alonso was playing it must have frustated the life out of him because every move seemed to break down at the point of passing to Kuyt

the "real" supporters can see this crap - the "Not so real" supporters will post on here with the usual defense "he runs his heart out" - ffs if the requirement for making the team now is playing your heart out then we are fcuked, there was a time when the quality of the football player counted at this club

and I also read lately he gets 90K a week - ffs id fcuk the useless prik out the door meself if i got me hands on him

lol, this "real supporter" stuff is brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Oh the drama of the scouse boom-bust cycle. Wait till next season lads. Why doesn't Sterling get a proper chance in the first team? I heard he could potentially cross the ball into the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Yes, is very true, and until people open their eyes to some of the crap that put on a Liverpool jersey each week we will be stuck exactly where we are

he was bought as a striker, couldnt score for sh1t, got dropped by the national team then, has a first touch like an elephant, played as a winger and cant cross a ball to save his life never mind accurately pass a ball 25 yards, at one point when Alonso was playing it must have frustated the life out of him because every move seemed to break down at the point of passing to Kuyt

the "real" supporters can see this crap - the "Not so real" supporters will post on here with the usual defense "he runs his heart out" - ffs if the requirement for making the team now is playing your heart out then we are fcuked, there was a time when the quality of the football player counted at this club

and I also read lately he gets 90K a week - ffs id fcuk the useless prik out the door meself if i got me hands on him

c3MTI.gif

Opr

lol, this "real supporter" stuff is brilliant

yea, nearly a brilliant as such posts as "Thats just not true" without as much as a smidgen of an argument to backup your point, if you even had one - you will be pulling out the cartoons like the other kids next

• Advertisement
Advertisement