Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool are done. MOD POST #425 *ALL READ*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

john47832 wrote: »
    :rolleyes: cant wait till mid term break is over
    You must like school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

cambo2008 wrote: »
    You must like school.

He left himself soooo open but still :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

kryogen wrote: »
    He is a super dooper real fan though, has the pyjamas you know.

Pffft you have to have the curtains and the bed sheets before you can be a super dooper fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

I hope he gets another go next season... See can he take them to the championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

first it was rafa then the owners then hodgeson and now daglish....:confused::confused::confused:

Plenty of opposition fans laughing at the above also...which is a bit confusing!!!

CSF wrote: »
    Just watching Dalglish on MOTD now, the man is determined to blame anyone other than the people who are to blame, him and the players.

It's what managers do. Ferguson does it all the time!!

RasTa wrote: »
    Any pool fans looking forward to more league action on Tuesday?

LOL!! I actually heard Jeff Stelling announce this fixture as live on Sky on tuesday and i thought "ah jaysus, we're not playing again, are we???". Then i realised what i said and my heart sank!! That's where we are, folks!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Shane St. wrote: »
    I hope he gets another go next season... See can he take them to the championship

As much as we like to say it, next year is not going to be our year... maybe the season after that ;)

Shane St. wrote: »

I bet you really believed you were clever, funny and original when you posted that!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Wtf is this "real" supporter ****?

Check out that half percentage fans league of Ireland thread for a definition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Owen_S wrote: »
    Oh the drama of the scouse boom-bust cycle. Wait till next season lads. Why doesn't Sterling get a proper chance in the first team? I heard he could potentially cross the ball into the box.

2uom26o.jpg

J. Marston wrote: »
    2uom26o.jpg

Does anybody ever read these??

They should, it's surprisingly accurate.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Does anybody ever read these??

I must say though, that one has been doing the rounds for years and it isnt far wrong :)

Nothing wrong with the bit of banter sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

J. Marston wrote: »
    They should, it's surprisingly accurate.

Needs to be updated. Change 'title challenge' to 'top 4 challenge'.

the havent challenged for the title in a long time now, and wont be anytime soon either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It's what managers do. Ferguson does it all the time!!
    Theres doing it when it is slightly believable, after a poor result, and doing it after a run of 1 win in god knows how long, which is the point when a manager should really start standing up and being counted or avoiding comment altogether. Otherwise one just looks ridiculous, as Dalglish does at present.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

dalglish is playing the support like fools. There's one thing doing the seige mentality, but another thing to go on a paranoid, delusional quest to blame everyone else for their problems instead of growing up.
    After all he's done he still has them believing that they should support him as 'it's the right thing to do'. Good luck to him. He's absolutely rubbish at everything he touches these days.

Yesterday's post match comments were a gem, again 'we did everything right but outside forces are working against us'

Yes, just one massive conspiracy to prevent liverpool from what exactly? 5th place?

Leftist wrote: »
    dalglish is playing the support like fools. There's one thing doing the seige mentality, but another thing to go on a paranoid, delusional quest to blame everyone else for their problems instead of growing up.
    After all he's done he still has them believing that they should support him as 'it's the right thing to do'. Good luck to him. He's absolutely rubbish at everything he touches these days.

Yesterday's post match comments were a gem, again 'we did everything right but outside forces are working against us'

Yes, just one massive conspiracy to prevent liverpool from what exactly? 5th place?

Here we go again. Another example of an arguement with no foundation. What the hell are you talking about??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

Here we go again. Another example of an arguement with no foundation. What the hell are you talking about??
    outside forces.

The great conspiracy.

bbc post match interview.

the latest in a long line...

article-2083135-0F436D2100000578-256_468x286.jpg

• Advertisement

I am inclined to agree with the theory that Dalglish does know how to play the support tbh. I have no wish whatsoever to get into it though :)

On his post match comments, they are ridiculous alright at this stage. The paranoid leanings dont do him any favours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I am inclined to agree with the theory that Dalglish does know how to play the support tbh. I have no wish whatsoever to get into it though :)

On his post match comments, they are ridiculous alright at this stage. The paranoid leanings dont do him any favours.

How does he know how to play the support? I mean I could understand the theory if the vast majority of supporters were fully behind but since that's very much not the case I've no idea how you can support it.

But do you actually read that much into his post match interviews?? To me, they are something he hates doing, but he is compelled to do by the rules.

I saw his interview yesterday and it washed over me. Blaming the officials is the standard course of action of any manager. On one hand, what he said was right. We should have had a couple of penalties.

Now, that's not to say that the officials were to blame for us not winning. We should have hammered Villa but as per usual this season, were just not clinical enough.

But he's not going to start having a go at the team on tv. Does anybody really think he went into the dressing room after the game and said "don't worry lads, it wasn't your fault. The one and only reason we didn't win today was because of the officials. Enjoy your Saturday night"

I see the word paranoid mentioned. He gave the standard interview that plenty of managers gave yesterday!!

Leftist wrote: »
    outside forces.

The great conspiracy.

bbc post match interview.

the latest in a long line...

article-2083135-0F436D2100000578-256_468x286.jpg

This post is another perfect example of what i was talking about the other day on this thread. Another Casablanca post!!

The paranoid is more in relation to 90% of his interviews rather then focusing on just one, the phrases like "I think someone would have to get assassinated for us to get a penalty" and such.

The paranoid is more in relation to 90% of his interviews rather then focusing on just one, the phrases like "I think someone would have to get assassinated for us to get a penalty" and such.

But that could just be him trying to put pressure on the officials in the next game to award us a penalty if they've Kenny's comments in their heads.

I believe when Ferguson gives these interviews, it's called 'mind games'.

• Advertisement

But that could just be him trying to put pressure on the officials in the next game to award us a penalty if they've Kenny's comments in their heads.

I believe when Ferguson gives these interviews, it's called 'mind games'.

When Fergie gives the interviews that involves stupid statements like that people say he is bullying the officials and trying to influence them

The mind games crap comes up when he is asked about other teams/managers.

When Fergie gives the interviews that involves stupid statements like that people say he is bullying the officials and trying to influence them

The mind games crap comes up when he is asked about other teams/managers.

The mind games also extends to the officials!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Example from this weekend, the reporter asks Kenny something along the lines of 'is it hard to pick your team up after the run you've had'; his answer was. "I’ve never been down. I’ve been disappointed but I’ve never been down"

Same question was put to Mancini today, he answered with something along the lines of: Yes its difficult but we've still got a chance and another game this week and we are a professional team with professional players.

And you can see it in your head;
    Reporter askes the question, Daglish stares at his shoes
    "We were never down"
    5 second pause
    "Ive been disappointed but Ive never been down"
    Cue shuffling feet

Like you said monkey, pool should have hammered Villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Example from this weekend, the reporter asks Kenny something along the lines of 'is it hard to pick your team up after the run you've had'; his answer was. "I’ve never been down. I’ve been disappointed but I’ve never been down"

Same question was put to Mancini today, he answered with something along the lines of: Yes its difficult but we've still got a chance and another game this week and we are a professional team with professional players.

Are you high? This was the the question and answer from Kenny in that interview during the week!

Vinnie from Sky Sports - "Do you need to pick the players up?"

Kenny - "Everyone needs picking up but the best way to pick ourselves up is to put on a winning performance. That's what they're determined to do, they don't like having come off a pitch having lost a game. As I said after the game the frustration and disappointment is a virtue in some ways but we can't get ourselves down in the floor because to their credit when they win a game they don't get carried away. They come in and train whether they have done well or badly and the training is very impressive."

Vinne then went on to ask Kenny jokingly

Q : "Who picks you up Ken?"

Kenny : "Who pick me up, I've never been down Vinny. I have been disappointed but I've never been down." (All with a big smile)

By all means if you have anymore fairy stories to post go right ahead.

Opr

Needs to be updated. Change 'title challenge' to 'top 4 challenge'.

the havent challenged for the title in a long time now, and wont be anytime soon either.

Important win for Chelsea yesterday in their battle for a Europa League spot, Willy!! Do you reckon you's will make it??

• Advertisement

"We were never down"
    5 second pause
    Cue shuffling feet

I'm not quite sure that's what happened in the Kenny interview, but yeah whatever. Also, you seem to be comparing him to Mancini!! Did Mancini not already give up the league title once Utd won today???

Again, arguements based on no foundation. Play it again, Sam!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

"We were never down"
    5 second pause
    Cue shuffling feet

lol.

2:20 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

"We were never down"
    5 second pause
    Cue shuffling feet

Cool_story_bro.JPG

But you're stopping another myth before it starts!!!!!! How are the Liverpool obsessed fans of other clubs meant to debate amongst themselves stuff that never happened if you're going to go ahead and produce evidence that they are talking bullsh!t

But you're stopping another myth before it starts!!!!!! How are the Liverpool obsessed fans of other clubs meant to debate amongst themselves stuff that never happened if you're going to go ahead and produce evidence that they are talking bullsh!t
    You're more obsessed with the obsessed fans of other clubs than those obsessive few that are obsessed with their obsession of Liverpool FC.

You're more obsessed with the obsessed fans of other clubs than those obsessive few that are obsessed with their obsession of Liverpool FC.

The Obsessed!! There's a quality horror movie in there somewhere!!!

1325196765.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm confused, who is the obsessed ones now?

Yay,it worked.
    Obsessed and deluded,two words that should be banned from this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

The obsessed one is the United fan who insted of Celebrating the winning of a 20th League title, is trying to get a rise of pissed of Liverpool fans.

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    The obsessed one is the United fan who insted of Celebrating the winning of a 20th League title, is on the internet, in a Liverpool forum trying to get a rise of pissed of Liverpool fans.
    Who's this now????

Who's this now????
    Apologies, I thought this was the Liverpool thread.

Now go celebrate will ya! Enjoy it instead of trying to get a rise out of others.

Who's this now????
    Apologies, I thought this was the Liverpool thread.

Now go celebrate will ya! Enjoy it instead of trying to get a rise out of others.
    What you on about??
    Where did I try get a rise out of anybody??
    And I won't be celebrating anything until it's official.

What you on about??
    Where did I try get a rise out of anybody??
    And I won't be celebrating anything until it's official.
    All this obsesessed ****e.

A lot of United fans prefer to rub in how badly Liverpool are doing instead of enjoying how they are doing themselves, hence the Talk of Obsessed fans.

If you can't see this head onto Redcafe and look ath the amount of Liverpool threads there are.

By trying to say that Liverpool fans are obsessed with obsessed rival fans you are making out that this is all in Liverpool fans heads, and that they are making too much of it. that IMO is just poking at Liverpool fans.It adds nothing to the conversation except to piss off people.

All this obsesessed ****e.

A lot of United fans prefer to rub in how badly Liverpool are doing instead of enjoying how they are doing themselves, hence the Talk of Obsessed fans.

If you can't see this head onto Redcafe and look ath the amount of Liverpool threads there are.

By trying to say that Liverpool fans are obsessed with obsessed rival fans you are making out that this is all in Liverpool fans heads, and that they are making too much of it. that IMO is just poking at Liverpool fans.It adds nothing to the conversation except to piss off people.
    Read back on my last 2 posts.
    I was taking the piss with that first obsessed rambling post and the second one I said the word should be banned.
    You're picking this up totally wrong,not for the first time I might add.
    I feel like a f**king pantomime villain with the likes of yourself and a few others around.
    Everything taken as a dig,get over yourself.

Read back on my last 2 posts.
    I was taking the piss with that first obsessed rambling post and the second one I said the word should be banned.
    You're picking this up totally wrong,not for the first time I might add.
    I feel like a f**king pantomime villain with the likes of yourself and a few others around.
    Everything taken as a dig,get over yourself.

:D:D Booooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

It adds nothing to the conversation except to piss off people.

If you think some or all are doing this then to add to the conversation you can ignore it and strike up a different discussion regarding Kenny or take on the current one from a different angle. Its the same thing over again now. How many times are we going to see "United fans love mocking Liverpool more than cheering on their own team...." bla bla bla. Surely that is as bad as the attempted wind ups from some United fans on here?

It's been done. Its the internet you're going to get it. Its Ireland. This is an irish forum, where the majority of supporters follow Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal. But you're going to get d!ckheads being d!ckheads on both sides regardless of where they come from. You're going to have people having "the banter" maybe a bit too much. Some are going to view things a little more sensitive than they should.

Now does anyone think there is a chance in hell Daglish goes before the end of the season? What about another league defeat then a defeat in the semi final? I don't think this would happen though.

I can't see him there next year. I can't see Liverpool spending millions either in the summer. Is the cash available?

In answer to the thread title, obviously no until the summer at the very earliest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

its not beyond the realms of possibility that Liverpool will be in 11th place in the table tuesday morning.

Chelsea played poorly against Wigan, a west london derby away to Fulham will be tricky. A "surprise" win for Fulham is possible, similarly Stoke away to Villa is a winnable game for Stoke, and sunderland are more than capable of picking up a point at Everton.

I know a lot of LFC fans are in the "dont care if we are 6th or 12th" camp, but i'm pretty sure there would be enormous pressure on tuesdays game if you did slip to 10th or 11th.

i can't see past a Blackburn result tuesday (draw or win). Yakubu and Hoilett are in good form and Blackburn will give it everything bar the kitchen sink and i simply cant see that being matched from Liverpool. They bossed the game for large spells against a Villa side who parked the bus after their early goal i.e. any half decent side would have dominated the game.

If results do conspire against Liverpool this week, it's a stark reality that they will be 1 further bad result away from 13th or 14th in the table. The owners might be willing to accept 7th or 8th with 2 cups in the bag, but people are tending to forget Everton and possibly chelsea stand in the way of the FA Cup. If it boils down to a 10th place finish and the Carling Cup i think Kenny is toast.

In fact, i could very well see him getting the bullet inside the next fortnight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,406 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Can someone clarify something for me.

IF Liverpool win the FA cup is that an automatic CL place? A friend of mine is adamant it is, Im not so sure.

Advertisement