Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool are done. MOD POST #425 *ALL READ*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    They're all out tonight....:rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:
    ollie1 wrote: »
    A horrible person because he doesn't want to talk to that rag Sky??? Sky are the horrible people. No wonder he doesn't want to talk to them.
    Go and look at his interviews for....oh the last 6 months. It's always the referees fault, even if Liverpool win (rarely I know), he still has a moan about the ref and tries his best to be condescending to the interviewer and make every question seem like a slight on LFC. He's just making himself look more and more delusional. Also, remind where where most of the money in the Premier League comes from...
    In a week where a player punched an opponent off-the-ball and another got away scot free with a potential career ending tackle, this is uttered about someone who simply wanted to end a post match interview.

That Dalglish eh, bloody Hitler reborn.
    Go back to the man Arsenal V City match thread and see my reaction to Balotelli's tackle if it's so important to you. Just because he's not as horrible as Mario doesn't make him any more likeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A horrible person because he doesn't want to talk to that rag Sky??? Sky are the horrible people. No wonder he doesn't want to talk to them.

He's in the wrong job then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Xavi6 wrote: »
    The King's interview after the game -

Almost more rare than an andy carroll goal, dalglish actually cracked a smile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

The only retarded thing I've heard Kenny say this season, bar the handshake is he still claimed midweek that Suarez handball should have stood. That's the only thing that makes no sense. Rest of his interviews are fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Hopefully tonight's result goes some way to securing Kenneth's long term future at the club.

Up to the dizzying heights of 8th, nosebleed territory :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

RasTa wrote: »
    The only retarded thing I've heard Kenny say this season, bar the handshake is he still claimed midweek that Suarez handball should have stood. That's the only thing that makes no sense. Rest of his interviews are fine.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

The-Rigger wrote: »
    He's in the wrong job then.

Yea I know its part of the job but I don't blame him for treating them the way he does. Especially Andy Burton :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Almost more rare than an andy carroll goal, dalglish actually cracked a smile

???

Kenny-Dalglish-007.jpgKenny-Dalglish-Liverpool--007.jpg1aa8b1bd73900ca340e7cdc8db7e-grande.jpg663.jpg

J. Marston wrote: »
    Up to the dizzying heights of 8th, nosebleed territory :pac:.

I hope he does as well. Kenny lost 6 matches when he took over Blackburn and then look what happened.

We going to win the league :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

His daughter would get it

RasTa wrote: »

How many years did you have to go back for that Fergie video? And no I don't support Man U before you suggest it.

As for Kenny's interviews, only last weekend after the Villa game "the frustration would come if I was part of the referees association".

Trilla wrote: »
    His daughter would get it

She wouldn't get a penalty though would she? Even a stone wall one. Purely because the referee knows she's Kenny's daughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

fullstop wrote: »
    She wouldn't get a penalty though would she? Even a stone wall one. Purely because the referee knows she's Kenny's daughter.

King Kenny to you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

eh, what?

Fuhrer wrote: »
    eh, what?

Have a look at kenny's post-match interviews from recent weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

That must be the typical Liverpool way, any section of the media that says something against your precious club is immediately classed as A rag/Scum/horrible. Always someone elses fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How many years did you have to go back for that Fergie video? And no I don't support Man U before you suggest it.

As for Kenny's interviews, only last weekend after the Villa game "the frustration would come if I was part of the referees association".

What? I follow United btw, and despise everything Liverpool so it would be easy to be hating on Kenny's interviews but there is nothing wrong with them.

Fergie's response in the interview I posted was the perfect answer to the nonsense asked by Shreeves. I wish more managers would do the same, who cares about the children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,555 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Kenny doesn't like to talk about incidents in the box!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Sure someone would have to be assassinated for Liverpool to get a penalty, dont be silly now, King Kenneth spoke of this very recently.

scudzilla wrote: »
    That must be the typical Liverpool way, any section of the media that says something against your precious club is immediately classed as A rag/Scum/horrible. Always someone elses fault

Nope just Sky and any other rag owned by Rupert Murdoch they are horrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

murpho999 wrote: »
    Dalglish pics

Please don't post anymore of those. My eyes are bleeding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

eagle eye wrote: »
    He is clearly not happy with certain sections of the media and the way he and the club have been portrayed this season. I think he has every right to act the way he does at the moment.

i think the way he has acted has more to do with the way he has been portrayed than anything else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

scudzilla wrote: »

You know what you're getting at there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

He is clearly not happy with certain sections of the media and the way he and the club have been portrayed this season. I think he has every right to act the way he does at the moment.

Yeah but acting like a bit of a prick to the interviewer and generally acting like the media has some sort of agenda against him and the club isn't going to remove a presumption that he's coming across as a bit of a paranoid tit of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,946 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

SantryRed wrote: »

You know what you're getting at there.

The only thing i'm getting at is that KING Kenny is made to look a fool in most interviews, 99% of the time it's his own fault yet Liverpool fans constantly blame other people (press tv etc)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I've never seen a person deal with the press so poorly. he literally goes into every interview with the look of utter disdain for the fella across from him, i mean those guys are only doing their jobs, they've wives and kids and bills to pay ffs and they're only asking what people want to hear. I mean, from the Suarez tshirt and surrounding controversy which im not even going to get into, snapping at a reporter over handshakegate in february, trying to belittle the interviewer tonight, going so far as, on international television mind, to try and storm off midway through a question before publicly banning him in his press conference. What next, will he deck Geoff Shreeves? hit Jon Champion a headbutt?

Walking PR disaster he is, not only is he making himself looking like a bitter, nasty, paranoid individual, it's reflecting on the club and the fanbase. What must John Henry think watching this? I'd be surprised if they don't make a decision to send Steve Clarke out for interviews at this rate tbh and take fines for not making the manager available, it's hurting the club image when every other week he's doing something inflammatory when faced with a microphone

I mean, Fergie has had his moments when provoked but this is a new level, its after every match it seems, Fergie might have a go once a year and he wouldn't on a televised matchcast try and barge past the interviewer and humiliate him on telly over **** all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Its the fools who give a **** about a post match interview that irk me.

Any way that the club has been portrayed this season is of it's own doing. Not trying to dig up a well worn topic, but every single aspect of the way they dealt with the Evra situation was appalling. Whatever way he and the club have been portrayed in the media was of his and Liverpool FC's doing.

Walking out of interviews and treating the people giving the interviews appallingly reflect very badly on the club and the man.

And of course people care about post match interviews, why wouldn't they? It is one of the only chances for people to see what the manager thinks of certain situations and be given a greater insight into various matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

Couldn't give a flying fúck what his interviews are like. those interviews are usually a load of rubbish anyway. All they want is some stupid sound-byte they can repeat over and over and over and OVER on SSN. Its on field performances im interested in. That's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Couldn't give a flying fúck what his interviews are like. those interviews are usually a load of rubbish anyway. All they want is some stupid sound-byte they can repeat over and over and over and OVER on SSN. Its on field performances im interested in. That's it.

Those have been similarly bad surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

Those have been similarly bad surely.
    Awful.Soul destroying. Im just making the point it doesn't really matter what he says after a game. What he should do is concentrate on getting results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ah he's gone soon anyway...apparently he's moving back upstairs and Rafa's coming back.
    There's been talks ongoing for the past two weeks with Rafa...

this was the rumour I overheard one chap in the gym telling his mate...he was over there at the weekend and one of his mate's sister is a solictor and does work for Liverpool FC...

Sounds like the usual friend of a friend ****e but looking over it I wouldn't be surprised to see Benitez back...
    He's about the only decent manager available to LFC and they can forget about Mourinho etc.
    At 14/1 I'm tempted to take a punt on it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

if and its a big IF Liverpool can win the FA cup I think the season can be saved but there is no doubt its been a very hard time to be a Liverpool fan but for me personally only because of the performances on the field.

I couldnt give a flying F*ck what other fans think of Kennys post match interviews.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,282 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

if and its a big IF Liverpool can win the FA cup I think the season can be saved but there is no doubt its been a very hard time to be a Liverpool fan but for me personally only because of the performances on the field.

I couldnt give a flying F*ck what other fans think of Kennys post match interviews.

I think he does it for those fans especially:D
    Sometimes I reckon he gives interviews in a way that might take the focus away from the performance/result, some managers do that apparently;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

spiralism wrote: »
    I've never seen a person deal with the press so poorly. he literally goes into every interview with the look of utter disdain for the fella across from him, i mean those guys are only doing their jobs, they've wives and kids and bills to pay ffs and they're only asking what people want to hear. I mean, from the Suarez tshirt and surrounding controversy which im not even going to get into, snapping at a reporter over handshakegate in february, trying to belittle the interviewer tonight, going so far as, on international television mind, to try and storm off midway through a question before publicly banning him in his press conference. What next, will he deck Geoff Shreeves? hit Jon Champion a headbutt?

Walking PR disaster he is, not only is he making himself looking like a bitter, nasty, paranoid individual, it's reflecting on the club and the fanbase. What must John Henry think watching this? I'd be surprised if they don't make a decision to send Steve Clarke out for interviews at this rate tbh and take fines for not making the manager available, it's hurting the club image when every other week he's doing something inflammatory when faced with a microphone

I mean, Fergie has had his moments when provoked but this is a new level, its after every match it seems, Fergie might have a go once a year and he wouldn't on a televised matchcast try and barge past the interviewer and humiliate him on telly over **** all

kenny never was great really in dealing with the press, sometimes he can be funny like back in 95 when he came out with the line, liverpool doing a turn for united and united not doing a turn for themselves.

the other one was back in 88 after the memorable 3-3 draw between united and liverpool. fergie was giving out to kenny about certain decisions that didnt go their way and kenny in response, with his young daughter in his hands that she made more sense than fergie. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

spiralism wrote: »

Ferguson might have a go once a year? How many years did he refuse to speak to the BBC. That whole episode showed spitful and petty he is. What Dalglish is doing in his interviews doesn't come near the behavior of Ferguson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

ush wrote: »
    Ferguson might have a go once a year? How many years did he refuse to speak to the BBC. That whole episode showed spitful and petty he is. What Dalglish is doing in his interviews doesn't come near the behavior of Ferguson.
    It was over one incident,he didn't go on BBC every week and make a dick of himself :confused:

Dalglish could probably take a leaf out of Fergies book and take the fine each week and just stay out of the spotlight after games.

It's funny how you think Fergie was petty and spiteful but Dalglish is nothing like that.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It was over one incident,he didn't go on BBC every week and make a dick of himself :confused:

Dalglish could probably take a leaf out of Fergies book and take the fine each week and just stay out of the spotlight after games.

It's funny how you think Fergie was petty and spiteful but Dalglish is nothing like that.

Ferguson dragged it out for ages with the BBC and recalled players on loan. Thats on a whole different level.

Dalglish hasn't handled the TV interviews smoothly. But since when did Glaswegian men of his and Ferguson's vintage give ground to the kind of idiot that Sky employs.

Besides, when did Sky interviews become part of the game? Thats just the British Isles media bubble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Interviews are actually important. I would like to hear my manager conduct an interview in a sensible way and actually comment on the match.

All Dalglish does is snarl and try to be awkward. He should conduct himself a bit better in these interviews.

:edit - post error.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

My god, he gets more embarrassing by the week. Horrible person.

He is quite cringy to watch, even down to his little goblin attire, lagging jacket and little schoolboy pool colours tie. He needs to grow up a little bit; have a bit of decorum, devise a plan to calmly reply to the people he perceives are slinging crap his way.

He comes across somewhat paranoid in interviews, always on the defensive even before a question has been put his way.

ush wrote: »
    Ferguson dragged it out for ages with the BBC and recalled players on loan. Thats on a whole different level.

Dalglish hasn't handled the TV interviews smoothly. But since when did Glaswegian men of his and Ferguson's vintage give ground to the kind of idiot that Sky employs.

Besides, when did Sky interviews become part of the game? Thats just the British Isles media bubble.
    Yea,it was petty from Ferguson,just as it is with Dalglish.
    Using 1 incident against an ongoing weekly thing doesn't make sense so the other poster was right in what he was saying.

Unfortunately the media and their money dictate a lot of what goes on,everyone has to deal with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Yea,it was petty from Ferguson,just as it is with Dalglish.
    Using 1 incident against an ongoing weekly thing doesn't make sense so the other poster was right in what he was saying.

Unfortunately the media and their money dictate a lot of what goes on,everyone has to deal with it.

some of the questions the sky interviewers are so banal at times that i can see why the likes of fergie and kenny get the ire with them. neil warnock despite managing my team leeds can be really bad with interviewers as well. i think though with kenny it is deliberate and that it doesnt reflect who he really is away from the cameras. he sees interviewers as a necessary evil

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Interviews are actually important. I would like to hear my manager conduct an interview in a sensible way and actually comment on the match.

All Dalglish does is snarl and try to be awkward. He should conduct himself a bit better in these interviews.

All he does is snarl? Sometimes he does. Sometimes he doesn't. They all do.

All premiership managers can weasel their way out of interviews if they want. The fines for missing contractual obligations can be paid out of the petty cash tin. All managers can blame the referee if they want. Dalglish isn't really doing anything new here.

Also most people who watch the premiership live outside the British Isles and the domestic Sky media bubble. Its just part of the soap opera around the game. Not really that relevant.

In fact, I'd be worried if I saw him being anything other than tight-lipped and cagey around idiots from Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,981 ✭✭✭doc_17

the way Kenny talks to idiots from Sky does not nother me one bit. The way they address other managers compared to him is hilarious to watch. Fair play to him. When he wants to talk to the fans he uses LFCTV.

some of the questions the sky interviewers are so banal at times that i can see why the likes of fergie and kenny get the ire with them.
    Definitely,I would agree there but every interview??win or lose??
    It doesn't reflect well despite what a lot of fans will tell you.

Everybody has their own shìt to put up with in every walk of life,stuff we'd rather not be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

doc_17 wrote: »
    the way Kenny talks to idiots from Sky does not nother me one bit. The way they address other managers compared to him is hilarious to watch.

Well they have to bring it down to his level tbh - it's got to the stage where they need to ask him if he's happy that a peno has been saved by one of his own players :(

Has anyone bothered to ask him about his job the way they did with AVB and others?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

How so?

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    How so?
    You always want to hear what your manager has to say. A chance to perhaps explain tactics, team selections and basic questions. Dalglish though tries to make the interviews the most cringe worthy interviews of all time, every time. That is the problem people have with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

You always want to hear what your manager has to say. A chance to perhaps explain tactics, team selections and basic questions. Dalglish though tries to make the interviews the most cringe worthy interviews of all time, every time. That is the problem people have with him.

I see a lot of basic questions in post match interviews:

"So, are you happy to take 3 points from this fixture?"
    "The Man of the Match was good wasn't he?"

etc.

I don't see much in the way of illuminating questions or explanations of tactics and team selection.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I see a lot of basic questions in post match interviews:

"So, are you happy to take 3 points from this fixture?"
    "The Man of the Match was good wasn't he?"

etc.

I don't see much in the way of illuminating questions or explanations of tactics and team selection.
    Well how about Dalglish answer in a proper way and actually answer the questions properly. Like if the reporter says Andy Carroll played well, go into detail on why you think he played well and put that view across.

Dalglish though seems desperate to say as little as possible and get away as quick as possible. It is pretty pathetic to be honest. But then again, he probably knows he won't be at Liverpool next season and has decided to stop caring.

Either way, he needs to step it up in his interviews. I think a lot of people (including Liverpool fans) find them pretty pathetic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement