Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool are done. MOD POST #425 *ALL READ*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭Glico Man

killwill wrote: »
    Well at Arsenal you just have to look at their first team in fairness and you will see Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott. I could be wrong but are they not ex-Arsenal youth Academy players?

At United right now in the first team you have Cleverley and Wellbeck as the most obvious with alot more coming through in the next year or two. They may not make it at United but they will make it big.

Wilshere is yes, but Walcott and Ramsey came from Southampton and Cardiff respectively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

aaronh007 wrote: »
    They weren't considered good enough for the Chelsea first team though, and left because they couldn't get game time. Stagnation would've set in by now if they stayed at Chelsea unless they were to go on loan.

That was not the question asked though in fairness. It was about world class youth academy players.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Wilshere is yes, but Walcott and Ramsey came from Southampton and Cardiff respectively.

What age did they sign with Arsenal at? I remember United nearly signing Ramsey actually but he snubbed us even though he was a United fan!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

What age did they sign with Arsenal at? I remember United nearly signing Ramsey actually but he snubbed us even though he was a United fan!!!

Just a guess but I would be suprised if eaither ever played youth team football for Arsenal.

But as i said its just a guess.

G.K. wrote: »
    I must have missed the point of the guy I quoted.

Or maybe I did :/

In fairness, he was talking about first team players by mentioning Cleverley and Welbeck currently in Utds first team picture whilst going on to mention the likes of Scholes, Beckam, Fowler etc.

Could also mean that the lack of the likes of home grown first team players from the youth set up.

Both were 16/17 iirc, and had been playing first team football for both of their respective clubs

That was not the question asked though in fairness. It was about world class youth academy players.

I took the point incorrectly, apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

They were both 18 afaik & went straight into the first team squad.

And they signed for a combined £17m or so!

Mr Alan wrote: »
    They were both 18 afaik & went straight into the first team squad.

And they signed for a combined £17m or so!

Wow!!! See there is no value in the market after all!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

monkey9 wrote: »
    Yes, the obsessives have made that quite clear!!
    The Obsessed!! There's a quality horror movie in there somewhere!!!
    If the Liverpool obsessed fans of other clubs want so much to hear what Kenny has to say about the officals, send him a tweet.
    This is the second thread yet on the same subject!! Following the third thread on the Liverpool season thread in general!! Interesting!!!

You have to almost respect the Obsessives!!!!
    I am pie wrote: »
    Yawn. Another Liverpool obsessed Manc super fan. Take a number and get in line.

Seriously lads, give it a rest!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭DB10

alproctor wrote: »

Exactly my point, all victim mentality from certain posters. It comes from the top , the manager who is playing Liverpool fans like chumps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

^^^^^ I never said that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Anyone who would seriously take the Mickey Mouse Cup (A name that I believe Liverpool fans actually came up with!) over a Top Four finish is delusional. Cups are bonuses, league position is what matters. Anyone can win a knockout competition (Birmingham did and got relegated, don't act like its a major achievement), doing well in the league is a much better indication of where you currently stand. If Liverpool do manage to win the FA Cup, it will probably grant Kenny another season. If however they don't win, is somewhere around 8th place and the Mickey Mouse Cup enough to be seen as a success? For a club the size of Liverpool, I don't see how it could be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Dubit10

Wow new enough to the soccer forum but by jesus there is some amount of bitterness on this site towards LFC. How so lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Sasquatch76

Dubit10 wrote: »
    Wow new enough to the soccer forum but by jesus there is some amount of bitterness on this site towards LFC. How so lads?
    It goes in all directions to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Ha!! No, no i won't! If the obsessives want to continue spreading lies and myths, they should be called up on it!! It's easy to do!!

• Advertisement

^^^^^ I never said that!

It's weird, isn't it? Lies!

Not equally!! The obsession is weird!

You think? I'm not here long but it seems a lot of supporters of other sides spend a hell of a lot of time talking about Liverpool matters whilst not so much the other way around. Hey i think it's good that other fans give their opinion but i've just been surprised the amount of baiting as opposed to proper discussion. Seems like a lot of threads are ruined by wind up merchants. Still free speech and all that what.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

You think? I'm not here long but it seems a lot of supporters of other sides spend a hell of a lot of time talking about Liverpool matters whilst not so much the other way around.
    As you said yourself you're not here long,give it time.

Liverpool are not doing as well as expected,they're consistently underperforming in the league,that's going to generate interest from rival fans.

Anyone thinking that it's an obsession is paranoid,if United swapped league positions with Liverpool it would be the same from their side.

As was said before,go look through the United v City match thread earlier in the season if you want to see how Liverpool fans behave when we get humiliated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Ok original question is - are Kenny Daglish and Liverpool done?

Well I think now Liverpool are in the FA cup final and if they go on to win it then the answer to your question is a most definite NO!

Ok League positions are the most important, and no I wouldn't take a league cup and FA cup over 4th place, but our very poor league position has come from a very bad run of games in the league and any manager who wins a club 2 cups (if we win fa cup) when they haven't won any in 6 years deserves more time, defiantly deserves until next year.

So if Liverpool win the FA cup I think the answer to this post is quite obvious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

cambo2008 wrote: »

As was said before,go look through the United v City match thread earlier in the season if you want to see how Liverpool fans behave when we get humiliated.

Big difference from slagging in a one off match thread, the same posters so precious there would have been dishing "banter" in the United Arsenal thread and wondering what the fuss was about, and these type of posters.

The superthread isn't as bad as it used to be.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »

Big difference from slagging in a one off match thread, the same posters so precious there would have been dishing "banter" in the United Arsenal thread and wondering what the fuss was about, and these type of posters.

There's no difference,your woes are ongoing and so it continues.
    If United were to throw the league away do you think it would just be a bit of slagging in the match thread that day???
    Bullshìt and you know it.
    It's funny how so many of you play dumb over this :pac:

Edit:Oh and I'm delighted the superthread is going well for you,best thing I did was unfollow that so it worked out well for both of us.
    Too many precious little souls in it for my liking......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You think? I'm not here long but it seems a lot of supporters of other sides spend a hell of a lot of time talking about Liverpool matters whilst not so much the other way around. Hey i think it's good that other fans give their opinion but i've just been surprised the amount of baiting as opposed to proper discussion. Seems like a lot of threads are ruined by wind up merchants. Still free speech and all that what.:P
    It does go in every direction. Not long ago Chelsea were the focus and that continued until Liverpool hogged the spotlight with their even worse form. Before Chelsea it was Arsenal (if Arsenal lose two in a row that thread quickly ends up heating up again), I'm sure there were more before that too.

No matter how much some people like to pretend it's all about Liverpool, it's not. The focus is simply on them right now and their awful league form isnt helping. Spurs have gotten away lightly because of Liverpool's form being so bad. Had Liverpool managed to win a few more games, there would likely be a thread like this about Spurs instead. Whatever top team is in the worse form, gets the most attention. Thats pretty much it.

The only obsession is from a small number of vocal Liverpool fans who cant a take a word against Liverpool from a rival fan without deciding it's a dig, or baiting, or whatever. Some are of the mindset that you are obseessed with a club if you talk about them but dont support them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,304 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Because its all in the two threads about Are Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool done

1st one took 18 posts before a Liverpool fan posted.

There's only 2 threads because the first one was locked and promised to be open again a day later and it wasn't so a new thread was started.
    This has been said numerous times already.

There's no difference,your woes are ongoing and so it continues.
    If United were to throw the league away do you think it would just be a bit of slagging in the match thread that day???
    Bullshìt and you know it.
    It's funny how so many of you play dumb over this :pac:

Context. Think I tried explaining the concept to you before, not wasting my time again.
    Edit:Oh and I'm delighted the superthread is going well for you,best thing I did was unfollow that so it worked out well for both of us.
    Too many precious little souls in it for my liking......

You didn't need to unfollow the superthread, you just posted repeatedly on here instead, so that means literally, zilch, the lady doth protest too much!

Yey, everybody just got bored making the same points over and bloody over. No doubt we'll hear more of it near the end of the season again and never the 2 sides will agree. We have our own drama llamas anyway!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

The superthread has been quiet lately alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

The difference being Liverpool fans just dont have the opportunity to slag United fans off, look at the thread for when United went out of the Champions League, pages and pages of stupid dancing gifs and laughing ons from Liverpool fans, even mods getting in on that act.

Waffle
    Yea man.....whatever.
    You didn't explain anything about context,you tried using it as an excuse.

Fuhrer wrote: »

The difference being Liverpool fans just dont have the opportunity to slag United fans off, look at the thread for when United went out of the Champions League, pages and pages of stupid dancing gifs and laughing ons from Liverpool fans, even mods getting in on that act.
    Oh but no.....context man,think of the context.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Oh but no.....context man,think of the context.

Careful now, you keep dismissing his points as being stupid and irrelevant and he'll add you to his ignore list.

Dont say you havent been warned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

If it wasn't Kenny any other manager would of been gone a long time ago.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

32 pages too later...
    If it wasn't Kenny any other manager would of been gone a long time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

If it wasn't Kenny other fans would be saying he got you to two finals in his first full season in charge, give him a chance as you were never gona win the league and top 4 was also a massive ask so there if sweet f all of a difference if you come 5th or 17th in the league.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    If it wasn't Kenny other fans would be saying he got you to two finals in his first full season in charge, give him a chance as you were never gona win the league and top 4 was also a massive ask so there if sweet f all of a difference if you come 5th or 17th in the league.

Nail. Head. Hammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

darced wrote: »

Is anyone who has a view obsessed? Just interested...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Is anyone who has a view obsessed? Just interested...

No not at all, its just when it's constant, the man just got liverpool to an FA cup final. He at least deserves a few days off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

They wouldn't. If he or any manager hadn't spent 100 million pounds on players, they would be saying that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

I love these shite seasons that involves 2 cup finals.

I'm surprised how many people agree with this but not by who.

It's all relevant to the club and the money spent.
    If it was David Moyes at Everton or Mark Hughes at Fulham with 30m spent then yea I'd agree.

It's a completely different scenario when your goal is to get back to the Champions League where you have been a regular for so long and the investment to ensure that is so big.

Yea man.....whatever.
    You didn't explain anything about context,you tried using it as an excuse.

64 posts in here, don't know why you bothered unsubscribing from the Liverpool thread tbh, its like an Alcoholic in denial saying wine isn't as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Saying there is no difference between 5th to 17th place is nearly as bad as the Carroll+ £15m line.

Winning trophies does no club any harm financially.

Winning cups breeds new fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'm surprised how many people agree with this but not by who.

It's all relevant to the club and the money spent.
    If it was David Moyes at Everton or Mark Hughes at Fulham with 30m spent then yea I'd agree.

It's a completely different scenario when your goal is to get back to the Champions League where you have been a regular for so long and the investment to ensure that is so big.

How much was the investment?

64 posts in here, don't know why you bothered unsubscribing from the Liverpool thread tbh, its like an Alcoholic in denial saying wine isn't as bad.
    How sad is that?checking somebody's post count in a thread lol :rolleyes:
    I unfollowed the other thread because I couldn't be arsed anymore trying to make a point and then being swarmed by over precious muppets who take everything no matter how innocuous as a dig.
    At least in here there's balanced views....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

.... with 30m spent then yea I'd agree.

That's probably bang on the amount invested . Better start agreeing then and sticking by your word ;)

How much was the investment?
    Maybe investment was the wrong word,I don't care about the net spend nonsense,there was 100m or thereabouts spent and spent poorly.

Leiva wrote: »
    .... with 30m spent then yea I'd agree.

That's probably bang on the amount invested . Better start agreeing then and sticking by your word ;)
    Yea but ur are not Everton or Fulham and also see above ^^^^

• Advertisement
Advertisement