Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool are done. MOD POST #425 *ALL READ*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

The relevant thread needed a bumb.

Better late than never ;)

I think what he may have meant is you are a bit late as it would seem Kenny has not been sacked and has returned to the UK after his scheduled meeting with FSG.
    Carry on though Willy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

it would seem Kenny has not been sacked

Thank God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭willmunny1990

amiable wrote: »
    I think what he may have meant is you are a bit late as it would seem Kenny has not been sacked and has returned to the UK after his scheduled meeting with FSG.
    Carry on though Willy :)

or maybe he's flying back to Liverpool with his tail between his legs and a P45 in his back pocket.

Wouldn't be any less than he deserves but i sincerely hope that's not the case.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Thank God.

I'm not sure he had anything to do with it tbh. He's working with Sky these days afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

or maybe he's flying back to Liverpool with his tail between his legs and a P45 in his back pocket.

Have you confirmed this Will?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Have you confirmed this Will?

Do you have difficulty with reading? I said MAYBE ;)

Wouldn't be any less than he deserves but i sincerely hope that's not the case.

He arrived back early this morning without a P45 in any pocket.
    This rumour you posted was after it was established he wasn't sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

as a Liverpool fan if he was to leave and we brought in a young hungry world class manager id be happy but if Kenny was to stay i also would be happy as long as he got the appropriate backing. but if the king was to step aside and we were to replace him wit a inexperienced manager at the top level such as martinez i would be bitterly disappointed with the new owners as i feel we need a proven world class manager

has it been fully established that he won't be sacked though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You gotta take into account the Willy is a Chelsea fan and has trouble understanding the concept of a manager getting a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Hope he gets the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Well this is the closest, realevent update I can find
    1736:

FOOTBALL

Mark Lawrenson tells BBC Radio 5 live that he thinks Kenny Dalglish will continue as Liverpool manager after his meeting with owners Fenway Sports Group. He said: "I'd be very surprised if he'd gone over to Boston and they said they didn't want him. Maybe they had a conversation asking whether he wanted to continue managing or whether he wanted to go back upstairs where he was before. I can't believe for the life of me that they would say, 'Thank you, but no thank you'. My gut feeling is that he's going to be OK in terms of his job, certainly."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/18071539

First rumour I heard, was from a mate about an hour ago, who said an update is due any time soon.

has it been fully established that he won't be sacked though?

Has it been fully established that any manager in the EPL won't be sacked.
    I know Kenny didn't reach the target of Top 4 that was set by FSG but just because you are baying for blood doesn't mean it's true.
    The facts are he is back in the UK after a scheduled meeting with the owners where they talked about the season.
    You have bumped this thread with an unfounded rumour.
    If you want to believe it carry on. :)

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Hope he gets the sack.

I don't

for all we know they were talking about transfer funds and potential signings

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,596 ✭✭✭✭CSF

irish-stew wrote: »
    Well this is the closest, realevent update I can find
    1736:

FOOTBALL

Mark Lawrenson tells BBC Radio 5 live that he thinks Kenny Dalglish will continue as Liverpool manager after his meeting with owners Fenway Sports Group. He said: "I'd be very surprised if he'd gone over to Boston and they said they didn't want him. Maybe they had a conversation asking whether he wanted to continue managing or whether he wanted to go back upstairs where he was before. I can't believe for the life of me that they would say, 'Thank you, but no thank you'. My gut feeling is that he's going to be OK in terms of his job, certainly."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/18071539

First rumour I heard, was from a mate about an hour ago, who said an update is due any time soon.
    Lawrenson.....predictions......uh oh, Kenny is doomed.

I don't
    Well it would benefit us non Liverpool supporters I suppose :pac:
    But then again I hate the man himself so I'm not sure where I stand.
    Tis a win win situation :P.

You are entitled to your opinion :)

I shall not lose any sleep over :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Whats there to hate?
    Why such hate?

Dcully wrote: »
    Whats there to hate?
    Why such hate?

Just don't like the man, like who doesn't wear a suit on cup final day? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

The Galway Advertiser on fb, who don't do dodgy headlines are saying there's gonna be an announcement in America, not sure if they mentioned a time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I'd like to see another season of Dalglish being given a chance. The purchases last season were inadequate. There are still lots of areas that need addressing. I would give him another chance with the chequebook. He's had a season of huge disappointment, it can only get better from here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I hope he was over there finalising a new 10 year contract :pac:

Brace yourselves...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

ricero wrote: »

Yep, once he told Fenway he was going to sign the "best midfielder in England", they relaxed and offered him extra funds to sign him up

HASHTAG Its me Joey B, I didnt mean to hit him honest. Feck why always me, BASHTAG, Me and Stevie - you deffo want us two in a fight, and Belles no coward either. BANTAG See you soon Anfield - once I finish the 10 game ban!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

You hate Kenny Dalglish? Do you support Liverpool?

joe123 wrote: »
    You hate Kenny Dalglish? Do you support Liverpool?

Nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Nope.

Ah fair enough. Would of been surprised otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    There is enough shít talk in here already!!

You can say that again, It's mostly about Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Youtube got a lot of traffic so.

• Advertisement

Yep, once he told Fenway he was going to sign the "best midfielder in England", they relaxed and offered him extra funds to sign him up

HASHTAG Its me Joey B, I didnt mean to hit him honest. Feck why always me, BASHTAG, Me and Stevie - you deffo want us two in a fight, and Belles no coward either. BANTAG See you soon Anfield - once I finish the 10 game ban!

What the fcuk are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Kenny is not getting the sack nor is he stepping down, its all just media hype!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭klose

4 MORE YEARS!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

Im not sure which id enjoy more;

1. Kenny walking
    2. Kenny being pushed
    3. Kenny staying and being given £100m to spend.
    4. Liverpool signing Tevez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

1, 3 and 4 are not on the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭barryd09

1, 3 and 4 are not on the table.

Ah feck it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Kenny is not getting the sack nor is he stepping down, its all just media hype!!
    Woohoooo101384_l.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

barryd09 wrote: »
    Im not sure which id enjoy more;

1. Kenny walking
    2. Kenny being pushed
    3. Kenny staying and being given £100m to spend.
    4. Liverpool signing Tevez

Forget about Tevez not a hope would he join a mid table team with no champions league football. I expect the likes of another andy Carroll or Stuart downing to be signed and Saurez to see sense and join a big club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Forget about Tevez not a hope would he join a mid table team with no champions league football. I expect the likes of another andy Carroll or Stuart downing to be signed and Saurez to see sense and join a big club.

I'm class.

• Advertisement

Tevez will sign.

Our year.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Tevez will sign.

Our year.

I wish I could thank this twice :)

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Tevez will sign.

Our year.

Was that not last year?

http://lfcnewsnow.com/featured-articles/cant-wait-for-next-year/

darokane wrote: »

If you listen really really carefully you might hear the penny drop

Ooooooh Riight, I do apologise sincerely for joining in on the liverpool bashing

No, definately next year.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If you listen really really carefully you might hear the penny drop
    Ooooooh Riight, I do apologise sincerely for joining in on the liverpool bashing

Nope, still hasn't got it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

I find it funny so many fans of other teams are interested in Kenny and the pool.

Obv I prefer him to stay, but if he was to go I'd rather it was of his own accord. If he was to be replaced, I hope it is not Martinez, but someone like AVB. Despite all the middle table ****e bandied about this forum, we've had 2-3 rough seasons and are still one of the biggest clubs in England, if not the world. Get a proven striker to bang it in the back of the net and we'll be okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Im so glad I wasnt on here yesterday

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I find it funny so many fans of other teams are interested in Kenny and the pool.

Obv I prefer him to stay, but if he was to go I'd rather it was of his own accord. If he was to be replaced, I hope it is not Martinez, but someone like AVB. Despite all the middle table ****e bandied about this forum, we've had 2-3 rough seasons and are still one of the biggest clubs in England, if not the world. Get a proven striker to bang it in the back of the net and we'll be okay.
    True it was our home form that was an absolute discrace this year. Quite decent away this year. Sort out the home form and we have a great chance to get back top 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

True it was our home form that was an absolute discrace this year. Quite decent away this year. Sort out the home form and we have a great chance to get back top 4

Yeah, we did play some turgid football, but in general I thought we played well. Just hadn't got a finisher to put the bloody thing in the net. Worst I suppose was the West Brom game a few weeks back, I wanted to smash my TV after that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement