Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool are done. MOD POST #425 *ALL READ*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Liverpool fans wanted King Kenny and they've got what they wiahed for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

aidan24326 wrote: »

I wiahed upon a star to follow where you are :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

aidan24326 wrote: »

Not to suggest that you're making any kind of a coherent point here, but I for one didn't want him as manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Exactly it's a ****ing joke and why I laugh at the simpleton in charge and some fans defense of him. I don't mind Liverpool, had a few jerseys and been to a few games when I was younger but I don't like them after all this. Hypocrites!

lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

So are people here saying hodgson should have been sacked or shouldn't have been. Its hard to tell with all the horse**** being posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

niallo27 wrote: »
    So are people here saying hodgson should have been sacked or shouldn't have been. Its hard to tell with all the horse**** being posted.

I don't think they know!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

niallo27 wrote: »

It's a 50/50 for me. He wasn't good enough for Liverpool (nor is Kenny) and the players weren't putting a proper shift in for him. He sold more than he spent and the fans were dying for him to fail from the start.
    EDIT: Not a Liverpool fan btw :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

monkey9 wrote: »
    I don't think they know!!

oh my!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Liverpool fans view on Dalglish is kinda like my last relationship. Fancied this girl for ages, I thought the sun shone from her lovely bottom, and that her smile could raise the dead.

We got together and after a while I was bored and did not like her, I tried to fight this and after a while I realised that I was going out with the red tinted view of her that I still had on my head, and I did not want to go out with the person that she actually was.

Things finished, we aren't even friends anymore. I sincerely wish that I never went out with her, as if I did I would probably hold her in high esteem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

quarryman wrote: »
    This sums it up for me. Spot on:

uVG7H.jpg
    It is just bad management from Dalglish. Dalglish can't manage the group of players he has properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

For me personally i always felt like kenny was brought in to steady the ship after the ****storm that was hicks and gillette.
    When the players responded well and he did well from Jan -may last year the owners decided lets give him a shot looking back i still think that was very fair of the owners to give him a chance to see what happened.

Now almost 1 year on , some players arent trying anymore (which amazes me i hope any player not putting in a 100% shift is dropped for FA cup matches) I think liverpool could really benefit from a more tactically astute manager who is willing to drop and sell any player from the squad who wont fit the tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Liverpool fans view on Dalglish is kinda like my last relationship. Fancied this girl for ages, I thought the sun shone from her lovely bottom, and that her smile could raise the dead.

We got together and after a while I was bored and did not like her, I tried to fight this and after a while I realised that I was going out with the red tinted view of her that I still had on my head, and I did not want to go out with the person that she actually was.

Things finished, we aren't even friends anymore. I sincerely wish that I never went out with her, as if I did I would probably hold her in high esteem.

do you wanna have a private chat....or a shoulder to cry on perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

They should bring back Rafa and give him enough money to buy better players than Cisse, John Arne and Traore.

eldwaro wrote: »
    do you wanna have a private chat....or a shoulder to cry on perhaps?

No. Now I am in a lovely relationship. I look to the future, a bright future, a loving future, a solid future, a future of hope, a future of love, a future of ice cube blow jobs, a future that wakes me up with a smile.

No need to look to the past or to the odd good time that myself and the ex had.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

posted this in lfc thread by mistake
    i was annoyed by kenny after the match saying carroll didnt dive, and then defending him running straight down the tunnel...

kenny taking carroll off was terrible...he actually wasnt the worst man on the pitch, and noone coming on was going to make a difference

carroll should have stayed up and finished that off...it was a goal if he stayed up imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Going flat out for the league cup, playing full strenght teams in it and bigging up the cups, gave the players the excuse for mentality switching off for the league. Its obvious since the Bolton loss that they're content with cup runs, as they've already got the chance of EL through the league cup. Wembley nostalgia will only get you so far. But Liverpool need a manager that prioritises top four. Had we had a manager that was focused on that alone, I'm convinced we'd have got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

:pac:
    UyxMZDrE_original.jpg

No. Now I am in a lovely relationship. I look to the future, a bright future, a loving future, a solid future, a future of hope, a future of love, a future of ice cube blow jobs, a future that wakes me up with a smile.

No need to look to the past or to the odd good time that myself and the ex had.

So you're with Hodgson then?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flanno_7hi

I wouldn't give him another season. Kenny was a legendary player but is one of the most overrated managers ever imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ush wrote: »
    Going flat out for the league cup, playing full strenght teams in it and bigging up the cups, gave the players the excuse for mentality switching off for the league. Its obvious since the Bolton loss that they're content with cup runs, as they've already got the chance of EL through the league cup. Wembley nostalgia will only get you so far. But Liverpool need a manager that prioritises top four. Had we had a manager that was focused on that alone, I'm convinced we'd have got it.

if you'd had a manager who had spent all that money properly, then you might have had an outside shot, but with the players liverpool have at the moment, i dont think you wouldve had a chance, focus or not

The-Rigger wrote: »
    So you're with Hodgson then?

I would not go out with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

It's pretty pointless comparing Dalglish and Hodgson.

Both were sh*te managers for pool in the league recently, no point even arguing who was better or who should have been kept on.

Understandably pool fans are eager for a return on the investments Dalglish made in transfers. I'd be one for giving him more time, but I suppose the writing seems to be on the wall now.

He probably needs to move upstairs and let a younger man in.

I still think someone like Rodgers could be worth a shot. MON is only slightly younger than Dalglish, and not sure even he is destined to be ever more than a mid table manager, a bit like Hodgson.

I would not go out with either.

Interesting how Liverpool shouldn't have sacked Hodgson but other people don't want him to manage their clubs.

He needs to move out, not upstairs. It's not a retirement village.

Helix wrote: »
    if you'd had a manager who had spent all that money properly, then you might have had an outside shot, but with the players liverpool have at the moment, i dont think you wouldve had a chance, focus or not

Sorry, don't agree. In a year where Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs have wobbled at times, plus been involved in European competition, Liverpool could have capitalised. I think they can cobble together a decent enough 1st 11. A good manager would have them challenging for fourth, instead of f•cking with their heads and giving them the impression that they're only enough for the Carling Cup. They kind of players we should be looking to attract will hardly know that England has a second cup competition, let alone be impressed by it.

• Advertisement

plasmaguy wrote: »
    It's pretty pointless comparing Dalglish and Hodgson.

Both were sh*te managers for pool in the league recently, no point even arguing who was better or who should have been kept on.
    This from the guy who said what Dalglish has done with Liverpool since taking over was nothing short of a miracle.

Truly amazing stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

The-Rigger wrote: »
    He needs to move out, not upstairs. It's not a retirement village.

No reason why he can't assume a Bobby Charlton like role within the hierarchy of the club. He holds massive sway around the city of Liverpool and would excel in youth development, convincing young players to come, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Kinda hoping they win the FA cup just so he can take them further backwards next season

Morricone wrote: »
    No reason why he can't assume a Bobby Charlton like role within the hierarchy of the club. He holds massive sway around the city of Liverpool and would excel in youth development, convincing young players to come, etc.

He's risking turning into a Stan-like figure. This will get worse before it gets better and whats left of his authority then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

token56 wrote: »
    But they have at least one player who should be scoring, Suarez. When you consider his goal to game ratio for Ajax before he went to liverpool it was excellent. But its dropped significantly, from about 3 goals every 4 games to 1 every 3 games approximately. Whatever system they are playing should be suited to him as he is an excellent player despite how much I dislike him as a person.

Apart from Suarez though they lack strength in depth for goal scorers certainly. Carroll just is not performing and there is no other obvious player who you would see as a consistent goal threat. Whoever is in charge during the summer certainly needs to address that area for them.

Totally agree, we played some good stuff early today, but no one in the right place to put them away. Stick Bellamy and Kuyt up front with Suarez playing off them, bet you will see a few goals then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ush wrote: »
    He's risking turning into a Stan-like figure. This will get worse before it gets better and whats left of his authority then?
    Stan who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Morricone

Shane St. wrote: »
    Kinda hoping they win the FA cup just so he can take them further backwards next season

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSLGZbmj7tyGx7-zx-lgI9DfPmu3puj_u8_XYeFE__d_LOU-xeSkw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

So we've had the net spend mention, the Roy Hodgson sympathy, the Ian Hollywayism, the delusion jibe, some charts and graphs and a claim that they want the manager to stay, he's so bad. Business as usual!

eagle eye wrote: »
    Stan who?

The Gaffer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

Liverpool is cursed. We can thrash teams on the field and lose,
    I'd give kenny more time, Injuries to Gerrard, Lucas,Agger, Johnson and Suarez missing 8 games, has not helped
    We need to off load
    SPEARING sell 3 m
    KUYT sell 2 m
    SHELVY sell 7 m
    CARROLL sell 15 m
    CARRA sell 2 m
    ADAM sell 5 m

The crap remaining in the squad, And only one cost a lot of money,
    Sell those 5 bring in some youth to replace and 2 quality players,
    Sell those bring our net spend into the green and try again,
    this time quality over seas players, cheaper, more to choose from,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

argosy2006 wrote: »

Wtf does this mean?

Im not sure but I think it was you (apols if not) who was talking about beating teams on paper and you'd be top of the table based on this or something. What is the point you are making?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

skregs wrote: »
    They should bring back Rafa and give him enough money to buy better players than Cisse, John Arne and Traore.
    Rafa didn't buy any of them players, your post doesn't make sense.

Wtf does this mean?

Im not sure but I think it was you (apols if not) who was talking about beating teams on paper and you'd be top of the table based on this or something. What is the point you are making?
    Point is Arsenal at home, Norwich at home, Man u at home Man city at home
    sunderland at home, Didn't win one,
    Thrashed them!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wtf does this mean?

I think that's the counter argument to the clowns who argue 'if the league had started last week Liverpool would be bottom of the league'.

Point is Arsenal at home, Norwich at home, Man u at home Man city at home
    sunderland at home, Didn't win one,
    Thrashed them!!!!

You didnt win any of them and 'thrashed them' :confused:

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I think that's the counter argument to the clowns who argue 'if the league had started last week Liverpool would be bottom of the league'.

People posting those tables and stuff are on the wind-up, having a little dig etc.

I assume the point made is that he reckons you have been the better team in some matches but just not taken the chances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I'd give kenny more time, Injuries to Gerrard, Lucas,Agger, Johnson and Suarez missing 8 games, has not helped
    We need to off load
    SPEARING sell 3 m
    KUYT sell 2 m
    SHELVY sell 7 m
    CARROLL sell 15 m
    CARRA sell 2 m
    ADAM sell 5 m

Do you think anyone would pay 15 million for Carroll?

You didnt win any of them and 'thrashed them' :confused:

Yea endless chances, Missed penalties, Hitting post, Goal keepers becoming superman while at anfield,
    What can Kenny do, CAN'T put ball in net for us,
    Finishing is not Kennys fault, Even today, while we were dominating,
    Carroll decides to dive instead of put us 0-1 up,

amacachi wrote: »

Spurs
    Newcastle
    MAYBE,
    He could go on loan, Doesn't suit liverpools style,
    but could suit Everton ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Spurs
    Newcastle
    MAYBE,
    but could suit Everton ?

We have Jelavic. 10 times the player. 1/7th the price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

We need to off load
    SPEARING sell 3 m
    KUYT sell 2 m
    SHELVY sell 7 m
    CARROLL sell 15 m
    CARRA sell 2 m
    ADAM sell 5 m

Why sell Carragher? his experience is invaluable, didn't see him do much wrong today at least he gave it his all.

Nobody would pay 3m for Spearing.

Shelvey has a lot of potential, at this stage you wouldn't get more than 4 or 5m for him yet. He would be worth keeping to see how he develops, he's only gone 20 and has put in a hat trick at Championship level from midfield this season and on low wages so no point in getting rid of him.

Carroll is only gone 23, it's unfair to make him a scapegoat at this stage because of his pricetag. Look at him against Everton a few weeks ago or early on today before he dived.. that's a glimpse of his potential if used properly and he will get better when given support and not constantly dropped for no reason. He is clearly frustrated with Dalglish but the money is spent so I wouldn't sell him for a massive loss. Look at Llorente or Toshack for example to see how this style of player gets better with age and experience.

Our main problem is in the last 3 years losing Alonso, Mascherano, Aquilani and Meireles from CM and replacing them with Adam, Henderson, Spearing, Poulsen, etc... It's like putting the engine of a road car in an F1 car and expecting Schumacher or Alonso to win in it, our midfield is substandard and Gerrard is not a CM and never will be Benitez showed this for 6 years if you want the best from him play him further forward and he'll net you 20 goals.

Get in.
    Next years Champions League in the bag. :)
    3VIqrJGb_original.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

amacachi wrote: »

Or any one of the other transfer fees suggested :eek:

Spearing: 1.5m
    Kuyt: 1m
    Carra: no chance, on too much money
    Shelvey: 4m
    Adam: 3.5/4m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Spurs
    Newcastle
    MAYBE,
    but could suit Everton ?

Newcastle have Cisse and Ba Ameobi. Spurs wouldn't suit their style and Everton have Jelavic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Spurs
    Newcastle
    MAYBE,
    but could suit Everton ?

Amazing that Dalglish didn't think of that before breaking a then British transfer record to sign him, isn't it?

Liverpool don't even use a game plan that suits his style of play.

Advertisement