Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool are done. MOD POST #425 *ALL READ*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭jaykay74

ricero wrote: »
    True it was our home form that was an absolute discrace this year. Quite decent away this year. Sort out the home form and we have a great chance to get back top 4

Liverpool lost 10 of 19 away. Needs a bit of sorting for top 4 spot as well I'd say. The top 4 lost 5, 3, 7, 6 away respectively.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

DrumSteve wrote: »
    I find it funny so many fans of other teams are interested in Kenny and the pool.

What do you find funny about it?

It seems to be only Liverpool that we can't comment on without being labelled "obsessed".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

It seems to be only Liverpool that we can't comment on without being labelled "obsessed".

How many other teams would get a (2nd) topic about their manager that goes to 38 pages (so far, and I've it set to 40 posts a page.)?

Genuine Question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I find it funny so many fans of other teams are interested in Kenny and the pool.

Why funny? Despite all the "banter" and the league position in recent years, Liverpool are a big name in football and have had a big influence in the history of English football. Even as a Chelsea supporter, you had to admire the football and the trophies growing up in the 70's and 80's, not just domestically but obviously in Europe. Kenny was a big part of that of course.

So, yes, theres a lot of other folk out there interested, if only because some of us grew up with them, whilst supporting another team, if you know what I mean

How many other teams would get a (2nd) topic about their manager that goes to 38 pages (so far, and I've it set to 40 posts a page.)?

Genuine Question.

If any other big team had the season you had, do you honestly think it would be different? Absolutely not.

Since the 'are arsenal and Wenger done' thread popped up they went unbeaten for about 8 weeks, which promptly stopped that. The writing was on the wall for McLeish long before that thread was started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Nail on the head.
    Say what you want about anybody else but don't open your gob about poor us.

The same fans never shut the f**k up about how "horrible" a club Chelsea is or never miss an opportunity to get a dig in at 'Arry or hover around United and Arsenal threads when it looks like they mightn't get a result.

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Genuine Question.
    It's only a 2nd thread because the first was locked and promised to be reopened but never was.

There's a huge number of Liverpool fans on boards,they have contributed as much if not more in keeping this thread going.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    It's only a 2nd thread because the first was locked and promised to be reopened but never was.

There's a huge number of Liverpool fans on boards,they have contributed as much if not more in keeping this thread going.

I get what your saying, but I just think it's ****ing nuts this has gone on for 38 pages now.

Either way bit of a moot point at this stage, since he still has his job at time of posting and will do for the forseeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

If any other big team had the season you had, do you honestly think it would be different? Absolutely not.

Since the 'are arsenal and Wenger done' thread popped up they went unbeaten for about 8 weeks, which promptly stopped that. The writing was on the wall for McLeish long before that thread was started.

Bingo! Spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Nail on the head.
    Say what you want about anybody else but don't open your gob about poor us.

The same fans never shut the f**k up about how "horrible" a club Chelsea is or never miss an opportunity to get a dig in at 'Arry or hover around United and Arsenal threads when it looks like they mightn't get a result.

It would be funny if it wasn't so pathetic.

A few probably do that, others just enjoy the banter and we get the same back. Wouldn't take it to heart so much tbh.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    A few probably do that, others just enjoy the banter and we get the same back. Wouldn't take it to heart so much tbh.
    The problem is it's only a bit of "banter" when they do it and then they piss and moan when someone does it back.
    I'm all for a bit of harmless needling of rival clubs,no problem with it.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of a certain few posters.
    Don't worry,I'm not taking it to heart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

The problem is it's only a bit of "banter" when they do it and then they piss and moan when someone does it back.
    I'm all for a bit of harmless needling of rival clubs,no problem with it.

Just pointing out the hypocrisy of a certain few posters.
    Don't worry,I'm not taking it to heart.

You could have fooled us.Using words such as ''pathetic,piss and moan'' sounds like you sure are taking it to heart.

LimGal wrote: »
    You could have fooled us.Using words such as ''pathetic,piss and moan'' sounds like you sure are taking it to heart.
    Sorry to disappoint you but they're just descriptive words to get a point across
    I'm in fine form today and a few random anonymous opinions on the Internet won't change that :D
    Have a nice day folks.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

Sorry to disappoint you but they're just descriptive words to get a point across
    I'm in fine form today and a few random anonymous opinions on the Internet won't change that :D
    Have a nice day folks.

No disappointment here dude!Just saying the words and the tone of your posts sounds like you are definitely taking it to heart which was already pointed out to you!!
    Have a nice day yourself mate:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Matt Lawton claims Kenny will no longer be manager in a few hours.

Oliver Kay, Henry Winter and Matt Dickinson reporting the same. The "king" has fallen it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Oliver Kay, Henry Winter and Matt Dickinson reporting the same. The "king" has fallen it seems.

any news on a replacement ?

i will be gutted to see the king goes if these rumors are true. regardless of what happened this season he will always be a liverpool legend in my eyes and for the way he steadied the ship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭backspacer

looks like its official,its on the ticker of the BBC breaking stories in the sports section

• Advertisement

Confirmed by BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

bad bad decision

could turn the fans on the owners if the replacement is not world class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Interesting to see who they get in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

The Mirror are saying he has been sacked.

• Advertisement

I get what your saying, but I just think it's ****ing nuts this has gone on for 38 pages now.

Either way bit of a moot point at this stage, since he still has his job at time of posting and will do for the forseeable.

Looks like I spoke too soon.

****in hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Fishooks12

bad bad decision

Why? Were you looking forward to a Liverpool relegation battle in the near future?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Matt wins the prize, he had it first.

Well, I am not terribly surprised. The FA Cup may have saved him, but the league form was so poor, and he handled himself less than perfectly at various points. Amusing, but not always right.

Martinez would work for me, but maybe we need someone more proven now.

:cough: Rafa!? :cough:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

could turn the fans on the owners if the replacement is not world class

The last world class manager they had they sacked after 7 months.

Anyway looks like Liverpool are the poor mans Chelsea. No top manager will go there and any decent manager what be given a change. Shambles of a club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Oranage2 wrote: »

Anyway looks like Liverpool are the poor mans Chelsea. No top manager will go there and any decent manager what be given a change. Shambles of a club.

Who was that?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Rafa was at the club longer than 7 months...

Oranage2 wrote: »

rafa was not sacked by the new owners ;)

Martin O' Neill seems made for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IsThisIt???

Confirmed on Sky Sports News. King Kenny gone!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Sad to see, man gave it his all and deserves respect. I hope he at least was allowed to leave of his own decision rather than pushed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

thank god the muppet is gone, hopefully he stays out of football now

I'm genuinely pretty upset about this.

Thanks for everything Kenny,you're still a legend.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Now that its official that he's gone.

Who's favourite to replace him ?

Can we hope for a better season next year ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

darokane wrote: »

:eek:

Bet he's creaming himself over this as we speak :pac:

give the man some respect hes a football legend regardless of what club you support

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Pep Guardiola hopefully
    bring Messi with him too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

give the man some respect hes a football legend regardless of what club you support

Except Newcastle. ;)

Nooooooooooo!!
    Please don't get anybody good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Lapin wrote: »
    Now that its official that he's gone.

Who's favourite to replace him ?

Can we hope for a better season next year ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

cop yourself on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

MD1990 wrote: »
    Pep Guardiola hopefully
    bring Messi with him too

I dunno, what management credentials does Messi have?

id take rafa back in a heartbeat or AVB.

anyway thank you king kenny you steadied the ship in our darkest days and brought silverware back to anfield.

Y.N.W.A

It's not about club, The man lost it months ago, His insane ramblings in interviews and actions all season have made me disrespect him

He's a tosser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

This is a sad day for non Liverpool supporters :(

One of my favourite Kenny moments was when he played Spearing in the FA cup final. It was the final LOL in the coffin.

• Advertisement

Cyrus wrote: »
    cop yourself on

no

Advertisement