Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool are done. MOD POST #425 *ALL READ*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Oranage2 wrote: »
    This is a sad day for non Liverpool supporters :(

One of my favourite Kenny moments was when he played Spearing in the FA cup final. It was the final LOL in the coffin.

still won a trophy id hate to go nearly a decade trophy - less ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Rafa will be the fans popular choice, if he doesn't get it the actual new man won't be given a proper chance, and will be gone in 18-24 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

This is a sad day for non Liverpool supporters :(

One of my favourite Kenny moments was when he played Spearing in the FA cup final. It was the final LOL in the coffin.

Who would you have played instead??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

ricero wrote: »
    id take rafa back in a heartbeat or AVB.

anyway thank you king kenny you steadied the ship in our darkest days and brought silverware back to anfield.

Y.N.W.A

I'd take Rafa. I think any negativity towards Rafa would be forgotten given how many new players are in. Stevie, Carra, Skittles, Dagger, Reina and a few others would have positive memories, we were a far tighter unit under him. And I think he could attract a few bright names to the club.

Plus, he'd finally get to have Lucas in his team actually resembling the player he signed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

MD1990 wrote: »
    Pep Guardiola hopefully
    bring Messi with him too
    Hmmmmmmmm

messi-liverpool.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Des wrote: »
    Rafa will be the fans popular choice, if he doesn't get it the actual new man won't be given a proper chance, and will be gone in 18-24 months.

Isn't 18-24 months enough time to make an impact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RAFA WILL NOT BE THE NEXT MANAGER!

Okay?

Its isn't going to happen so stop pining, FSG have signalled with the ongoing cull that they are looking forward not back. Expect a young manager on the up, be it from the PL or le Continent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

jenno86 wrote: »
    Who would you have played instead??

Carroll.

He was playing very well at that time and Searing has been crap all season, I dont mind managers experimenting but this was the FA cup final - Really was a brain dead decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

IPAM wrote: »
    Isn't 18-24 months enough time to make an impact?

No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

In fairness who's gonna wanna take that job unless their allowed a clean out and start all over?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

If this is to bring in Benitez / AVB / etc then fine
    If this is to bring in Martinez / Lambert / etc then it is a terrible decision, and no quarter will be given by me to poor performances / results next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If this is to bring in Martinez / Lambert / etc then it is a terrible decision, and no quarter will be given by me to poor performances / results next season

Would you not be willing to give them time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Cue now all the Lolpool supporters coming out saying ohhh Guardiola is on his way... hes not!:rolleyes: Why would he join a mid table prem league club whos expectations are ridicilously high after having the best job in the world!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

A damn shame, he was taking Liverpool places.

Bad places, but that was the funny thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

For Liverpool's sake lets hope they have somebody good lined-up.

No CL football for two seasons and uncertainty might prompt some of the better players to think about leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Des wrote: »

Is this really the case? As far as I remember the fans were calling for his blood and were glad to be rid of him. He went to INter and made a show of himself and has done sfa since.

But I suppose if they thought bringing someone in who was 13 years out of the game as a good idea, and where some think steading the ship means finishing 8th in the league, it prob starts to make alot of sense.

I'd love to see Pep take the job as it would quickly show up his uselessness. If you had Rijkaard in before him though you would prob have a title challenging team again though.

I've heard Martinez touted. This is worse than Rafa, He has done well at Swansea and so-so at Wigan, but defo not good enough for Liverpool. Jürgen Klopp has also been mentioned, which might not be a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Lets get #SteveKeanforLFC trending

smokedeels wrote: »

No CL football for two seasons and uncertainly might prompt some of the better players to think about leaving.

Who are these 'better players' you speak of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

No CL football for two seasons and uncertainly might prompt some of the better players to think about leaving.

The better players aren't that good, which is essentially the problem. Can't see Liverpool getting anywhere near CL football next season either without investment on the scale of last year, except buying talent instead of dross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

From a Liverpool's perspective correct decision. On and off the field was a disaster.

I hope Rafa does not come back. If he had full control of transfers and money he'd have Liverpool back into contention and a real pain in the ass.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'd like to see AVB take this on and he would obviously fit Liverpools owners agenda from what ive heard of them. Him or Rafa are the standard they should be looking at though obviously they could look further than those two

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

He can be assistant to McLeish. :)

Who are these 'better players' you speak of?

Reina, Skrtel and Suarez, maybe Lucas, who should all be playing CL football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Have you no ambition, sir? Alex McLeish is now available.

Edit: beaten to it, dammit.

sven_eriksson_1578077c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Liverpool need to snap up Mcleish while they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

If this is to bring in Benitez / AVB / etc then fine

How is a defeat and 0pts from a Dalglish side any different to a defeat and 0pts from a Lambert/Martinez side? This is an 8th placed side that wasted a lot of cash next summer and it will be the first year FFP will be counted for (I think I'm right on that) - outside of AVB or Rafa there might not be many interested managers on the level of the above two, so expectations have to be adjusted accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭invinciblePRSTV

Should have left after successfully steadying the ship in 10/11 with rep intact. Dalglish is yesterdays man and a throwback to a different era, a historical anachronism if you will. Definitely not someone to give a £100m transfer kitty to.

Reina, Skrtel and Suarez, maybe Lucas, who should all be playing CL football.

Reina? yes.

Skrtel? Possibly.

Suerez? Probably.

Lucas? No!

• Advertisement

Reina? yes.

Skrtel? Possibly.

Suerez? Probably.

Lucas? No!

Groan....

Reina? yes.

Skrtel? Possibly.

Suerez? Probably.

Lucas? No!

He's out for a while and completely forgotten. Lucas is a top midfielder and in a valuable position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

I hope they get Martin o'neill tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Kenny has been an embarrassment. He has soiled the good reputation of LFC this season. How he survived the Suarez debacle I'll never know. I suspect the owners had planned to sack him, just waited until the season was over,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Not the Lucas argument again, please. Have it in the lucas thread or not at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

He undermined Hodgson at every opportunity and got what was coming to him

• Advertisement

Would you not be willing to give them time?

No point. Hodgson and Staunton weren't accidents. There is no magic in life. Managers out of their depth fail.

No point. Hodgson and Staunton weren't accidents. There is no magic in life. Managers out of their depth fail.

Hodgson has managed some of the biggest clubs in football and some of the best nations so pay the man some respect!!!

He wasnt given 100m to throw away like fan boy kenny.

Helix wrote: »

Really? I suppose it all depends where you see yourself competing. With O'Neill it's Top 6 and Europa League, push for 4th. What has he done at Sunderland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Kenny has been an embarrassment. He has soiled the good reputation of LFC this season. How he survived the Suarez debacle I'll never know. I suspect the owners had planned to sack him, just waited until the season was over,

to whom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

G.K. wrote: »
    Not the Lucas argument again, please. Have it in the lucas thread or not at all.

Straight in there no messing about. Nice.

G.K. for manager.

• Advertisement

Hodgson has managed some of the biggest clubs in football and some of the best nations so pay the man some respect!!!

He wasnt given 100m to throw away like fan boy kenny.

Name them please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Just the one, Inter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Originally Posted by Helix
    Really? I suppose it all depends where you see yourself competing. With O'Neill it's Top 6 and Europa League, push for 4th. What has he done at Sunderland?

It's a trap :pac:

Name them please.

1976–1980 Halmstad 1982 Bristol City 1982 Oddevold 1983–1984 Örebro 1985–1989 Malmö FF 1990–1992 Neuchâtel Xamax 1992–1995 Switzerland 1995–1997 Internazionale 1997–1998 Blackburn Rovers 1999 Internazionale 1999–2000 Grasshopper 2000–2001 Copenhagen 2001 Udinese 2002–2004 United Arab Emirates 2004–2005 Viking 2006–2007 Finland 2007–2010 Fulham 2010–2011 Liverpool 2011–2012 West Bromwich Albion 2012– England

So just Inter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

It's also hundreds of millions wasted, no squad use, lack of tactical knowledge, inability to change a system, hoof ball, long big money contracts for mediocre players and the media conveniently failing to notice the aforementioned.

Yup, I really hope they get him

Also I like Sunderland do id hate to see him ruin them financially

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Liverpool should throw as much money as he wants at Fabio Capello and get a proven (recent) successful manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Lumbo wrote: »
    It's a trap :pac:

No, this is a Trap.

060411_trapp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Surprised ye want AVB, disappointing news for Utd fans which says a lot really.

Helix wrote: »
    It's also hundreds of millions wasted, no squad use, lack of tactical knowledge, inability to change a system, hoof ball, long big money contracts for mediocre players and the media conveniently failing to notice the aforementioned.

That would be a straight swap for Kenny then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Mods, the warning is now post 424.

Good day for the credibility of Liverpool Football Club.

• Advertisement
Advertisement