Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool are done. MOD POST #425 *ALL READ*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Paully D wrote: »

Liverpool don't even use a game plan .

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

argosy2006 wrote: »
    Liverpool is cursed. We can thrash teams on the field and lose,
    I'd give kenny more time, Injuries to Gerrard, Lucas,Agger, Johnson and Suarez missing 8 games, has not helped
    We need to off load
    SPEARING sell 3 m
    KUYT sell 2 m
    SHELVY sell 7 m
    CARROLL sell 15 m
    CARRA sell 2 m
    ADAM sell 5 m

alot of these sales are more trouble than they are worth...

adam, carroll, spearing - great players to have in a squad
    carra, kuyt - closer to becoming coaches than anything, resale value non-existant
    shelvey - HARSH!!! a player who could, realistically, step up to be a great player.

your point is being made from anger and frustration...i think alot of the players we have are the start of a project to build a squad...ive said this countless times...we could be in the europa next year, and not having squad depth will kill us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Get in.
    Next years Champions League in the bag. :)
    3VIqrJGb_original.jpg

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm sure he will be taken aside at the end of the season and asked to resign, or be fired, one or the other.

The only curtosy he gets being King Kenny is he can resign, this situation in any other club he would be sacked.

130million plus on absolute muck and Liverpool are on course for their worst finish to a season in over 40 years.

Unfortunately due to poor investment, and complete backward steps in the last few seasons, Liverpool are now a mid table team and will be fighting for a UEFA cup spot next year imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

monkey9 wrote: »
    :confused:
    We've already won it............on paper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Exactly it's a ****ing joke and why I laugh at the simpleton in charge and some fans defense of him. I don't mind Liverpool, had a few jerseys and been to a few games when I was younger but I don't like them after all this. Hypocrites!

Fùcking for real man ?

Seriously ?

With the increase in games next year we need two squads that we shouldnt be ashamed of seeing player... (the standard for which goes down in europa league)

League Team

371800_Liverpool.jpg

Europe Team

371804_Liverpool.jpg

and The Rest

371809_Liverpool.jpg

this is assuming noone leaves, the loans dont come back, and the bare minimum is achieved in the transfer market..although i would be hoping for maybe 2 more signings for the first team, and then some players being bumped down a team.

squad depth is one of the most over looked essentials for a team to compete. imo you need three to a position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

I'm still baffled as to why Charlie Adam was considered a better alternative to Aquilani.

I'm still baffled as to why Charlie Adam was considered a better alternative to Aquilani.

Adam = wanted to play for the club
    Aqua = wanted to get the hell out of England

we didn't want to go all Fritzl on Aqua.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

eldwaro wrote: »

I still have never heard anything to actually suggest this was true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

With the increase in games next year we need two squads that we shouldnt be ashamed of seeing player... (the standard for which goes down in europa league)

League Team

371800_Liverpool.jpg

Europe Team

371804_Liverpool.jpg

and The Rest

371809_Liverpool.jpg

this is assuming noone leaves, the loans dont come back, and the bare minimum is achieved in the transfer market..although i would be hoping for maybe 2 more signings for the first team, and then some players being bumped down a team.

squad depth is one of the most over looked essentials for a team to compete. imo you need three to a position.

Would need the new signings to be hits and for us to run good with injuries if we were to have a real chance at top 4 with the above. But there is definitely hope on that basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

No. Now I am in a lovely relationship. I look to the future, a bright future, a loving future, a solid future, a future of hope, a future of love, a future of ice cube blow jobs, a future that wakes me up with a smile.

No need to look to the past or to the odd good time that myself and the ex had.

She is probably cheating on you though in fairness and you'll end up back with your ex.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

I wonder what salary Carroll is taking.

Wouldn't be far off 100k a week I'd say, laughable though that is.

Even loaning him out would free up 5 milion a year.

Selling him for 10 million would be a good bit of business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

plasmaguy wrote: »
    I wonder what salary Carroll is taking.

Wouldn't be far off 100k a week I'd say, laughable though that is.

Even loaning him out would free up 5 milion a year.

Selling him for 10 million would be a good bit of business.

Word on the Liverpool thread is that it's pretty low, given the transfer fee I wouldn't have thought it'd be that high. Carragher on the other hand is one of the best-paid at the club somehow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

niallo27 wrote: »
    She is probably cheating on you though in fairness and you'll end up back with your ex.

One thing I have learnt to bring from football to my love life is to never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭plasmaguy

Best thing liverpool could do is bid for one of newcastles in form strikers and use Carroll as makeweight in the deal, but that said they are similar players to him. Maybe they could sell on the new strikers.

It's a total mess though. I suppose for that alone, Kenny should be sacked!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

301706_10150749666455428_60044300427_11852542_1995036829_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Best thing liverpool could do is bid for one of newcastles in form strikers and use Carroll as makeweight in the deal, but that said they are similar players to him. Maybe they could sell on the new strikers.

Can I come live in your world?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

'Justice for Reina' t-shirts anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

If you divorced your wife, would you go back ? Kenny will go in the summer IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

amacachi wrote: »
    Word on the Liverpool thread is that it's pretty low, given the transfer fee I wouldn't have thought it'd be that high. Carragher on the other hand is one of the best-paid at the club somehow.

He's on £60,000 a week basic salary, but he gets an extra £10,000 a week for image rights and £5,000 per appearance. In addition to that, he gets a £150,000 a year loyalty bonus for each season he doesn't request a transfer and a pay rise if he plays in 60% or more of Liverpool's games per season.

He's on £60,000 a week basic salary, but he gets an extra £10,000 a week for image rights and £5,000 per appearance. In addition to that, he gets a £150,000 a year loyalty bonus for each season he doesn't request a transfer and a pay rise if he plays in 60% or more of Liverpool's games per season.

No way, 70k a week!? The image rights stuff is just a tax avoidance thing, that's incredible if true.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

It is time for kenny to go alrite But beside that there's a need for maybe 5 or 6 good players to come in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

andrew carroll... IMAGE RIGHTS :eek:

andrew carroll... IMAGE RIGHTS :eek:

I assumed since Halloween masks are made in China they wouldn't bother paying for such rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

slingerz wrote: »
    It is time for kenny to go alrite But beside that there's a need for maybe 5 or 6 good players to come in

Root and branch.
    We are in trouble all over the park.
    Did anyone notice how Kenny seemed lost in thought on the sideline.
    It's as if he knows the game is up and is intent on damage limitation to the end of the season.
    No interview on Sky after says a lot as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

As we've seen with Torres, with the right manager, players can come good.
    But a lot of that has to come from the player. Does Carroll have the character to adapt and try to be more of a team player?

and this isnt based on speculation at some stage anyway :rolleyes:

...i doubt such depth was ever released

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

As we've seen with Torres, with the right manager, players can come good.
    But a lot of that has to come from the player. Does Carroll have the character to adapt and try to be more of a team player?

So Torres has come good?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

One thing I have learnt to bring from football to my love life is to never go back.

I think the Liverpool midfield had the same idea today

Oranage2 wrote: »

17593992.jpg

Dalglish's post match interview,it cuts before he walks off while still being questioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Did Suarez handball it last week I never saw it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Oranage2 wrote: »

Joke is about 6 hours old, in internet time that is six weeks. I've already seen tshirt photoshops. A poor effort.

Not keen on appearance fees or bonuses for playing a certain number of games. Is that why we keep dropping him every few games even when he starts to play fairly well.

Trilla wrote: »
    Did Suarez handball it last week I never saw it

Yes

• Advertisement

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Joke is about 6 hours old, in internet time that is six weeks. I've already seen tshirt photoshops. A poor effort.

Not keen on appearance fees or bonuses for playing a certain number of games. Is that why we keep dropping him every few games even when he starts to play fairly well.

I would have thought most players get appearance fees

zerks wrote: »
    Dalglish's post match interview,it cuts before he walks off while still being questioned.

You'll need a longer clip as it doesn't show him walking off.

amiable wrote: »
    I would have thought most players get appearance fees

Perhaps, never really see anything official about it, just forum posts where people claim to know contract details.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Kenny - "Lets stick together"

And now the football vow is very sacred
    The american man has put us together now
    You ought to make it stick together
    Come on, come on, let's stick together
    You know we made a vow not to leave one another never

But now you never miss your water 'til your well runs dry
    Come on now baby give our love a try
    Let's stick together, c'mon c'mon let's stick together

Well if you're stuck for a while consider our child carroll
    How can he be happy without his ma and pa
    Lets stick together, cmon cmon lets stick together

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17578489

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has pleaded for togetherness after defeat by Newcastle marked their sixth loss in seven Premier League games.
    Goalkeeper Pepe Reina was sent off in the 2-0 defeat, while Andy Carroll was booked for diving against his old club.
    "There's no point in feeling sorry for ourselves," Dalglish told BBC Sport.
    "We've just got to realise that if we stick together and believe in what we're doing, then we've got a better chance."

Kenny - "Lets stick together"

And now the football vow is very sacred
    The american man has put us together now
    You ought to make it stick together
    Come on, come on, let's stick together

But now you never miss your water 'til your well runs dry
    Come on now baby give our love a try
    Let's stick together, c'mon c'mon let's stick together

Well if you're stuck for a while consider our child carroll
    How can he be happy without his ma and pa
    Lets stick together, cmon cmon lets stick together

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17578489

Liverpool boss Kenny Dalglish has pleaded for togetherness after defeat by Newcastle marked their sixth loss in seven Premier League games.
    Goalkeeper Pepe Reina was sent off in the 2-0 defeat, while Andy Carroll was booked for diving against his old club.
    "There's no point in feeling sorry for ourselves," Dalglish told BBC Sport.
    "We've just got to realise that if we stick together and believe in what we're doing, then we've got a better chance."
    So has Torres come good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

How do you possess such a detailed breakdown on the players salary?

28 apps out of 31 Liverpool have had, don't think that's an issue.

You'll need a longer clip as it doesn't show him walking off.

MOTD showed it,I'd say he sick of being asked questions he has no answers to.It's simply rinse & repeat at this stage the way his team are playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Dalglish said Aquilani wanted to stay but was told they see him in the same position Gerrard will occupy so he'll only play when Gerrard doesn't so he opted for AC Milan basically

zerks wrote: »
    MOTD showed it,I'd say he sick of being asked questions he has no answers to.It's simply rinse & repeat at this stage the way his team are playing.

MOTD showed it at 22.01 when you posted about Kenny walking off originally?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

524635_238117816287386_100002675097822_438908_936654424_n.jpg

amiable wrote: »
    MOTD showed it at 22.01 when you posted about Kenny walking off originally?

MOTD only started at 22.00,they showed the interview after the match highlights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

In fairness,at the end of the interview he made it clear he was finished answering questions.
    He didn't walk away mid-question or anything.Nothing incident really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

cambo2008 wrote: »
    In fairness,at the end of the interview he made it clear he was finished answering questions.
    He didn't walk away mid-question or anything.Nothing incident really.
    In comparison to some of his other interviews this year, this is one of his better ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

So they're both sh1te? Or average? Fair enough, let's move on.

I honestly don't think i can move on, borderline obsession at this stage.the only way I'll get closure is if Liverpool fans admits Roy Hodgson is a good manager, better than Kenny even and the way Roy was treated was a disgrace!

• Advertisement
Advertisement