Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yes Kenny Dalglish and Liverpool are done. MOD POST #425 *ALL READ*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Dotsey wrote: »
    Rafa didn't buy any of them players, your post doesn't make sense.

I assumed it was satirical. In this thread I'm probably giving him too much credit, but he couldn't have been serious, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

zerks wrote: »
    MOTD only started at 22.00,they showed the interview after the match highlights.

Exactly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I'll get closure is if Liverpool fans admits Roy Hodgson is a good manager, better than Kenny even and the way Roy was treated was a disgrace!

Not this bs again, Roy not only had us around the relegation zone, he made excuses about it saying the players wern't good enough to expect higher, Yes, with a team filled with mainly first choice international players, people should not expect a top half finish.

I'm not sticking up for Kenny, his signings were also terrible and he's getting nothing from the players, he should be sacked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Had a quick glance through this thread. I see loads of non-Liverpool fans getting up in arms about the "evil hypocritical fans giving Kenny infinite time and patience"...

Who the bejesus have you been talking to?! I've heard nothing but frustration from any fan I've talked to over the past 4 months in relation to league performances...

Obviously Kenny is going to be granted more respect than Hodgson due to what he's done for Liverpool, and the fact that Roy's results were only part of why he was so intensely disliked - his demeanor played a huge part too.

There's not much point in sacking Kenny at this point, especially with the FA cup semi coming up. He deserves to see it out, and then some time should probably be spent seeing who's available.

For me, it's not his dealings last summer which will cost him the job, it's the inactivity in January. Liverpool's deficiencies were blindingly obvious at that point - Lucas was confirmed out for the season and we couldn't score goals. A move for a good centre midfielder - which is needed regardless of Lucas being out - and a striker (at the very least a loan deal like Fulham did to get Pogrebnyak, or a move for someone like Cisse), and things could have been very different. This isn't even hindsight, this was being screamed from the rooftops by fans at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Will he see it out to the end of the current campaign do you think ~Rebel~?
    I've spoken to a few LFC mates and the general feeling is he will/should be allowed to, but will be replaced eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mr Alan wrote: »
    How do you possess such a detailed breakdown on the players salary?

He "knows people" in the game. Careful how you ask him though, he might attempt to twist it and call you jealous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Panthro wrote: »
    I've spoken to a few LFC mates and the general feeling is he will/should be allowed to, but will be replaced eventually.

I'd be shocked and very disappointed if he isn't allowed see out the campaign. He's still in the semi-final of the FA cup and he deserves to have a shot of that. There is zero point in getting rid of him before the season is over. It will just leave a bad taste in everyones mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,052 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Panthro wrote: »

I think so. No real benefit to doing anything else. There's nothing to play for, aside from the FA cup, and given that he did get us there, and already won another cup, he deserves to try to win it.

Bringing in someone new now would only be a rush job anyway, better to have a few months to plan.

I still love Kenny, but for both himself and the club, it's probably better if a more progressive tack is taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

before online forums, i wonder would this bs go on for so long before two lads kick the shít of each other down the pub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Noboby has any patience anymore. A proven great manager like Kenny Dalglish is supposed to wave a magic wand and revive an ailing club in double quick time. Don't give him time to sort his squad out and bring in the players he feels are needed after a full season to work it out. Just get rid of him in the summer is the answer from Liverpool fans, and the United fans come in attacking him and suggesting he should be sacked. Those same United fans then brag about how Ferguson was given the time he needed to get his team to where he wanted it in the late 80s/early 90s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

eagle eye wrote: »
    Noboby has any patience anymore. A proven great manager like Kenny Dalglish is supposed to wave a magic wand and revive an ailing club in double quick time. Don't give him time to sort his squad out and bring in the players he feels are needed after a full season to work it out. Just get rid of him in the summer is the answer from Liverpool fans, and the United fans come in attacking him and suggesting he should be sacked. Those same United fans then brag about how Ferguson was given the time he needed to get his team to where he wanted it in the late 80s/early 90s.
    That excuse is long gone. Hes spent about 100 million. Ferguson didnt get to spend anything like that before things got better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

the only way I'll get closure is if Liverpool fans admits Roy Hodgson is a good manager, better than Kenny even and the way Roy was treated was a disgrace!

Wtf is this ??? :rolleyes:

He isn't a bad manager with the type of club he is at now.
    No.
    Seriously.... Let it go, Woy aint going back... The only disgrace was Hodgson getting the job in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Shelvy, Kelly and Spearing look like really good players. He's been blooding them quite a bit as well as some other youngsters. A lot of Liverpool's players are the wrong side of 30. I think that despite the slump, the players I mentioned and others will come good for them next season. Liverpool's last really good player to come from their academy is Steven Gerrard, so in essence their academy has produced 1 player in 10 years. Also many of the youngsters were not given by previous managers. Liverpools current form is dire, but to not give Kenny another season at least would be very short sighted.

I say this as someone who supports Arsenal and have no love for Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I don't think anyone other then a small % of Liverpool fans want him sacked, so keep him on for another year to see what happens. No idea who they could get to replace him anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

It's time to stop living in the past. Would anyone around like to see Howard Kendall manage liverpool or another top team right now???? He's a PROVEN great manager (in the 1980s). Here's his CV with everton alone:

Winner
    1983–84 FA Cup
    1984–85 FA Charity Shield
    1984–85 League Championship
    1984–85 European Cup Winners' Cup
    1985–86 FA Charity Shield
    1986–87 FA Charity Shield
    1986–87 League Championship

Kennys CV (Liverpool alone):

Liverpool (1985–1991, 2011– )
    Football League First Division (3): 1985–86, 1987–88, 1989–90
    FA Cup (2): 1985–86, 1988–89
    Football League Cup (1): 2011–12

Kenny was 1 of the best players of the 1980s and will always be immortalised as a fantastic player.

The logic that he was a "great" manager in the 1980s and thereby needs time to build a team in 2012 is ridiculous, if that's the case then bring Kendall in at everton when Moyes leaves, sure he hasnt managed in 15 years but he was formerly great!!!

The manager, like the team and it's fans, seems hell bent on living on former glories. I'd rather see a good manager come in to propel Liverpool to title challengers than see this abject failure of a once-great-club continue. I grew up with the big clubs being Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal, things change but i know i'd like to see Liverpool at the top competing. The only humour gained out of Liverpools demise is in the England-esque delusions of their fans every summer anticipating a title bid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Shelvy, Kelly and Spearing look like really good players. He's been blooding them quite a bit as well as some other youngsters. A lot of Liverpool's players are the wrong side of 30. I think that despite the slump, the players I mentioned and others will come good for them next season. Liverpool's last really good player to come from their academy is Steven Gerrard, so in essence their academy has produced 1 player in 10 years. Also many of the youngsters were not given by previous managers. Liverpools current form is dire, but to not give Kenny another season at least would be very short sighted.

I say this as someone who supports Arsenal and have no love for Liverpool.

Jay Spearing is utter, utter shit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Paully D wrote: »

There are some things that bring soccer fans together, this is one of those :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

I think he has a lot of potential. I remember people saying the same about Lucas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Had a quick glance through this thread. I see loads of non-Liverpool fans getting up in arms about the "evil hypocritical fans giving Kenny infinite time and patience"...

Who the bejesus have you been talking to?! I've heard nothing but frustration from any fan I've talked to over the past 4 months in relation to league performances...

It's internet hyperbole.

If rival fans don't see Liverpool fans posting in a "foaming at the mouth, get rid of Kenny immediately, omg he's killing the club" style, then it's taken as tacit acceptance.

Also, there are posters who support rival clubs who said it would end in tears, and who were told by supporters of Liverpool to gtfo, so it's a bit of "told you so".

Then you have the schadenfreude heads, which is fair enough when it comes to football rivalry, I'm sure that when, say, Ferguson retires and someone takes over, that new person will be the subject of derision from Liverpool supporters unless United win a quintuple, lose the Charity Shield? Shíte manager. Lose a league game? Shíte manager, get knocked out of the FA Cup in the fourth round? Shíte manager. Lose a Carling Cup quarter final? Shíte manager. Get knocked out of the CL in the group stage? Shíte manager.

Then when posters see people defending Reina yesterday, or twisting the blame to Perch or the referee or the linesman, and pretty much absolving Dalglish of any of the blame for Liverpool's poor run of form, pointing to an "unlucky" chance conversion rate, saying that the signings made (even ignoring the price/spend/net spend) are anything less than mediocre, all of them things taken together look like "giving Kenny infinite time and patience".

It's the natural run of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Flancrest

I think yesterday was a perfect example of what Liverpool fans have to look forward to for the next few years in the premier league. Newcastle played it perfectly by pressing high up the pitch and not allowing Liverpool any time on the ball.

All is not lost however as regardless of our league standing we will be playing European football next year and as I've said before with the extra time afforded to players on the ball and the return of Lucas to shore up midfield there's no reason Liverpool can't win the Europa League.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

'some men just want to watch the world burn' - Phil Thompson on Kenny Dalglish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Jay Spearing is a young player who gives absolutely everything he can for the good of the team. He is decent at winning the ball back and trying to protect the back four. He is poor in possession, and lacks size.

Ultimately, he will end up being a top end Championship type player. He is far from described above. Football isn't black and white. It is so ridiculously hard to be as good at football as Jay Spearing, it's just that he is currently being asked to do a job that is beyond him.

He'll find his level as a pro in a few years time. But for now, I have no issue with him. At least he is ****ing trying. That can't be said of all our players all of the time.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    At least he is ****ing trying. That can't be said of all our players all of the time.

But that's ok, right?

It's ok not to try in the league, because top 4 is unattainable and 5th is the same as 17th according to you, and Liverpool have already qualified for Europe, where you can watch Charlie Adams and Downing have loads of time on the ball, and Kuyt can score four times against ManU over two legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Jay Spearing is a young player who gives absolutely everything he can for the good of the team. He is decent at winning the ball back and trying to protect the back four. He is poor in possession, and lacks size.

Ultimately, he will end up being a top end Championship type player. He is far from described above. Football isn't black and white. It is so ridiculously hard to be as good at football at Jay Spearing, it's just that he is currently being asked to do a job that is beyond him.

He'll find his level as a pro in a few years time. But for now, I have no issue with him. At least he is ****ing trying. That can't be said of all our players all of the time.

^^^Honest to the core and true on so many levels .^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Des wrote: »
    But that's ok, right?

It's ok not to try in the league, because top 4 is unattainable and 5th is the same as 17th according to you, and Liverpool have already qualified for Europe, where you can watch Charlie Adams and Downing have loads of time on the ball, and Kuyt can score four times against ManU over two legs.

Am I missing something here ?? ...when was this said ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

"Some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over..."

ibwyfUI7xCRsnh.gif

Old Man Gets Lost.

Ultimately, he will end up being a top end Championship type player. He is far from described above. Football isn't black and white. It is so ridiculously hard to be as good at football at Jay Spearing, it's just that he is currently being asked to do a job that is beyond him.

Hardly makes him a poor player. Messi isn't exactly huge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Xavi6 wrote: »

ibwyfUI7xCRsnh.gif

Jordan Henderson...lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

And the grief the Chelsea fans got when JT barked out a few instructions,that looks a hundred times worse.

• Advertisement

Jordan Henderson...lol
    He's f**king hilarious,he's like the kid in your class that doesn't pay attention to anything and then gets asked a question. :)
    Doesn't know what does be going on around him.

Flancrest wrote: »
    Hardly makes him a poor player. Messi isn't exactly huge

Yes, but Messi is slightly better than Spearing technically imo. :pac:

Spearing is hugely dependent on athleticism and physicality to do what he is trying to do and, as such, his lack of size unfortunately counts against him. It's amazing he's reached the top level being the type of player he is - and that speaks volumes about his work ethic. If everything else about him was the same but he was over six foot he would be a better player.
    Des wrote:
    But that's ok, right?

What are you blabbering on about? :confused:

The bolded bit is wtf - I certainly didn't say anything like that.

As for the first bit yes, there is little or no competitive relevance to our remaining league fixtures, and there hasn't been since Van Persie's goal in stoppage time. That doesn't mean that it is "okay not to try". I've never said that.

All season long I have been complaining about certain players in the Liverpool thread. I would never complain about someone like Jay Spearing who is giving the club and fans everything he has to give. My ire, as always, is directed at players who are producing less than what they are capable of on a consistent basis.

It is true: Haters Gonna Hate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Hes a manager stuck in the old days.
    His signings have been abysmal.
    His handling of the Suaraz affair was messy at best and caused serious damage to Liverpools reputation
    His constant " me against the world" attitude is embarrassing and he has pretty much already shattered his image.

There is a pretty big difference in what Ferguson did in the late 80's and what Daglish did now.

The fact he saw potential and long term return for €150m in the players he bought, would be enough for any Chairman to show him the exit. You could understand if they were foreign imports who needed time to settle. But these are players from the premier league who were bought " because they would settle quickly" and have at no point shown any sort of "potential" of being Champions League style players.

Not even Uefa cup imo, but sure Lolerpool will probably struggle for that next season

Adam
    Downing
    Henderson
    Carroll

Really?

Even Suaraz has shown hes been a pretty big fluff, his heads way off the ball.

Enrique was about the only decent signing made, and even he is being turned inside out in recent weeks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

GIF

WOW, That's horrendous. That's a player that has no respect for a manager. I know if that happened at United, Arsenal, Everton the player would be gone or at least heavily punished.

The fact the players dont respect him is a tell tale sign that the manager wont be there next season.

TheDoc wrote: »
    Hes a manager stuck in the old days.
    His signings have been abysmal.
    His handling of the Suaraz affair was messy at best and caused serious damage to Liverpools reputation
    His constant " me against the world" attitude is embarrassing and he has pretty much already shattered his image.

There is a pretty big difference in what Ferguson did in the late 80's and what Daglish did now.

The fact he saw potential and long term return for €150m in the players he bought, would be enough for any Chairman to show him the exit. You could understand if they were foreign imports who needed time to settle. But these are players from the premier league who were bought " because they would settle quickly" and have at no point shown any sort of "potential" of being Champions League style players.

Not even Uefa cup imo, but sure Lolerpool will probably struggle for that next season

Adam
    Downing
    Henderson
    Carroll

Really?

Even Suaraz has shown hes been a pretty big fluff, his heads way off the ball.

Enrique was about the only decent signing made, and even he is being turned inside out in recent weeks
    Liverpool will reach the Europa League next season and for however long THE KING is in charge. As I've said previously if he concentrates on winning the League Cup every year and then have a good run in the Europa League the next season his time in charge will be considered a huge success for us.

Also once the signings you've mentioned above get a chance to play in Europe you will see thier full potential because of the extra time allowed on the ball in european competition.

Yes, but Messi is slightly better than Spearing technically imo. :pac:

Spearing is hugely dependent on athleticism and physicality to do what he is trying to do and, as such, his lack of size unfortunately counts against him. It's amazing he's reached the top level being the type of player he is - and that speaks volumes about his work ethic. If everything else about him was the same but he was over six foot he would be a better player.

What are you blabbering on about? :confused:

The bolded bit is wtf - I certainly didn't say anything like that.

As for the first bit yes, there is little or no competitive relevance to our remaining league fixtures, and there hasn't been since Van Persie's goal in stoppage time. That doesn't mean that it is "okay not to try". I've never said that.

All season long I have been complaining about certain players in the Liverpool thread. I would never complain about someone like Jay Spearing who is giving the club and fans everything he has to give. My ire, as always, is directed at players who are producing less than what they are capable of on a consistent basis.

It is true: Haters Gonna Hate
    Poor arguement there. A players height affects his ability in the air and nothing else. FACT

Poor arguement there. A players height affects his ability in the air and nothing else.FACT

Keep on keeping on bro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Liverpool will reach the Europa League next season and for however long THE KING is in charge. As I've said previously if he concentrates on winning the League Cup every year and then have a good run in the Europa League the next season his time in charge will be considered a huge success for us.

Also once the signings you've mentioned above get a chance to play in Europe you will see thier full potential because of the extra time allowed on the ball in european competition.

But on topic, what is Gerrard actally saying in the Gif?

Looks like Flancrest is on a mission to derail and get the thread locked again ;)

• Advertisement

Keep on keeping on bro.
    Finnally another poster with some sense of how football actually works.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Des wrote: »
    Old Man Gets Lost.

Kenny Dalglish... 82 years young has come to this pond every day for the past 17 years, to feed the ducks. But last month, Kenny made a discovery... the ducks... were gone! Some say the ducks went to Canada, others say Toronto. And some people think, that Kenny used to sit down there, near those ducks. But it could be, that there is just no room in this modern world, for an old man... and... his ducks...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

WOW, That's horrendous. That's a player that has no respect for a manager. I know if that happened at United, Arsenal, Everton the player would be gone or at least heavily punished.

The fact the players dont respect him is a tell tale sign that the manager wont be there next season.

Gerrard had the right to tell him to get off the pitch. He is our captain. Dalglish completely had a brain fart and left his area.

It's only excusable for a manager to encroach onto a pitch is if a player has received a serious injury, not to remonstrate with players or officials. Kenny was lucky not to be sent to the stands

flanzer wrote: »
    Gerrard had the right to tell him to get off the pitch. He is our captain. Dalglish completely had a brain fart and left his area.

It's only excusable for a manager to encroach onto a pitch is if a player has received a serious injury, not to remonstrate with players or officials. Kenny was lucky not to be sent to the stands
    I agree 100% with this. Its exactly what you want your captain to do.
    He saw a bad situation getting worse, kept a cool head and took control. He should be applauded for his actions and I'm sure Kenny thanked him after the red mist disappeared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

ibwyfUI7xCRsnh.gif

Remember watching this on MOTD and wondering how come it didnt get discussed, looks terrible even though it may turn out to be less of an act of disrespect then it seems.

Just thought if it had been Terry/Balotelli/Tevez/Rooney/Lampard etc it would have got plenty more attention and wondered why it hadnt.

The hand motioning KD to jog on at the end in particular!

Cant lie and say I am not enjoying Liverpools plight, but surely it wont be allowed to continue into next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Looks like Flancrest is on a mission to derail and get the thread locked again ;)

Yeah and it really shouldnt be allowed to happen twice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

ibwyfUI7xCRsnh.gif
    Much ado about nothing...... Again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Poor arguement there. A players height affects his ability in the air and nothing else. FACT

Maradonna could outreach shilton..

nonsense talk...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭slingerz

If kenneth goes then rafa is not the man to replace him

A new man perhaps someone lik Brendan Rodgers would be a good option

I agree 100% with this. Its exactly what you want your captain to do.
    He saw a bad situation getting worse, kept a cool head and took control. He should be applauded for his actions and I'm sure Kenny thanked him after the red mist disappeared
    It's the way it was done.
    How often do you see players grab an arm of another player and usher them away trying to keep them out of trouble?
    Shouting at someone and dismissing them with those kind of hand gestures is another story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I hate Andy Carroll more than ever over his performance yesterday :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement