Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to find cheap Doc Martens?

• 01-04-2012 3:50pm

I really want a pair but I can't afford the £95 Schuh sells them for. I got excited this morning when I saw a pair for £12 in a charity shop but sadly they were a size 4 and I couldn't even get them on my feet! I've looked on ebay but am a bit wary of using it...any other ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Would you buy second-hand?

• Yep second-hand is fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

Last year i was looking at a certain pair and they were 135 in local sins in town. I ordered them from a company in Dublin called Chinablue. they do all the docs anyway they're only 90 there. worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I bought a pair before in TK Max for about €50 done from €119 before and I've since them since. Might be part of their winter stock though and I doubt you'd get the classic style. Worth a try though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

me again!

Just saw a pair of black classic docs on adverts.ie in size 6. Id go for them myself only im a 5. If its the right size you could make an offer??

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

WHAT COLOUR DOCS AND WHERE :eek: Sorry I got excited and Im a size 4 in docs!

TK Maxx sell the odd pair (19 holes) ebay do a lot of second hand ones. Although they're very expensive they are investment pieces!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭lostboy

theres a little mom and pop style shop in clonroche county wexford that does docs called greens. mate of mine got a ten hole ox blood pair last year for 63 euros. and i know several people been going in for years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 FindingMimo

80euro's on adverts for brand new pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I have had several pairs of Docs over the years, boots and shoes, and always been happy with them, not cheap but always a hard wearing, comfy, quality product, and I always got a few years trouble free from each pair.............up to a couple of years ago when still made in the UK. I bought a pair last year ( I realised afterwards they are now made in Vietnam) and they are absolute ****e....only fit for they bin, I did not even wear them much, they should only be broken in now. The soles are hadly worn but all inside soles are breaking up.............complete rubbish, not a patch on the UK quality. Never again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

real docs will last you years if you do pay out €95 you will get your money back over the yrs with dry, comfy feet.

although, there is a place off capel street called army bargains (dunno if its still there), I got deadly womens boots in there for like €60 (size 4 too) you should google them, buzz them ans ask do they have any docs there, ya never know... and if they dont they will have something similar that will look edgy and be deadly for walking around rain free for a good few years at least.

Worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Loreida

Amazon do good deals, and keep an eye out on Asos as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Unregistered39

WHAT COLOUR DOCS AND WHERE :eek: Sorry I got excited and Im a size 4 in docs!

TK Maxx sell the odd pair (19 holes) ebay do a lot of second hand ones. Although they're very expensive they are investment pieces!

I have a very cool pair of wine (not oxblood) brass eyelet docs in size 4 that I'll be putting up on Adverts.ie tomorrow. I bought them over ten years ago and haven't been able to bring myself to sell them but I need to accept my feet aren't going to shrink! Hate selling them but they just don't fit.

(I know you posted this almost a year ago!)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Sadderday, thats my point, they (Assuming we are talking about genuine Doc Martens, not imitations) will NOT last, they are not made in same place, same material, same people.............they are now made withn inferior materials in Vietnam. I am wearing a ten year old pair right now which are intact, and the pair I bought last year are just ready to go in the bin...in bits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Sadderday, thats my point, they (Assuming we are talking about genuine Doc Martens, not imitations) will NOT last, they are not made in same place, same material, same people.............they are now made withn inferior materials in Vietnam. I am wearing a ten year old pair right now which are intact, and the pair I bought last year are just ready to go in the bin...in bits.

Yeah Your right, it's hard to get quality anything nowadays.

But the pair I bought nearly 10 yrs ago are still going strong too. An investment at the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

eisenberg1 wrote: »

I bought two pairs in the last few years (oldest is about 4 years old, youngest about 2 years old), both are still looking pretty much new and I use one pair almost daily for college. I obviously can't comment on the quality of the originals, but I've had no problems with the "new" versions.

Only things slightly wearing on my boots are the laces, which, after years of wear, is not a complaint :)

Advertisement