Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registering a business name

Options
  • 01-04-2012 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to set up a .ie website for a potential future business. To do this, a registered business number is required. The business currently does not operate or make a profit.

The client that i'm doing the website for is worried about any implication to her current tax setup that registering a business name will have. Is she right to be concerned? Are there any implications or changes to her tax setup that occur after registering a business name?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭billybunty

gnolan wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to set up a .ie website for a potential future business. To do this, a registered business number is required. The business currently does not operate or make a profit.

The client that i'm doing the website for is worried about any implication to her current tax setup that registering a business name will have. Is she right to be concerned? Are there any implications or changes to her tax setup that occur after registering a business name?
    Registering with cro does not mean youre registered with revenue.
    If you register as a sole trader with cro (€20) you wont have any tax implications

Advertisement