Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

When was the last time you had sex?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

thanks for those, guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I want to know how many of the 110 (so far) tapped their partner on the back last night looking for a bit of nookie just so they could tick the within the last day

YE KNOW WHO YE ARE!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 issem

Wow, I didn't know only 12.04% of Irish people weren't married. Oh wait, we live in an immoral society where sex is a recreational activity :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

issem wrote: »
    Wow, I didn't know only 12.04% of Irish people weren't married. Oh wait, we live in an immoral society where sex is a recreational activity :(

Sex has always been a recreational activity.

How many cavepeople do you think were married?

It's also a f**king great recreational activity, and best of all, if people are having it, whether they're married or not, it doesn't affect you in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Surprised no one posted this

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Friel

Saturday past. Heading to Liverpool on Thrusday till Sunday though so I plan on leaving her limping.

Sex has always been a recreational activity.

How many cavepeople do you think were married?

I'm well informed of how it's been determined that pre-historically humans had orgies all day long, older males had sex with 12 year old girls etc. But we had evolved past that stage with the culmination of monogamy within the structure of marriage. Why do we want to devolve back to polyamory and live like animals just for the sake of people being able to have sexual variety? Especially when people are being so clearly influenced by outside forces to want to have this sexual variety?
    It's also a f**king great recreational activity, and best of all, if people are having it, whether they're married or not, it doesn't affect you in the slightest.

Some people actually care about the future of society, and not just about their next orgasm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I just about qualify for the 'within the last year' category.

Pathetic!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

What a sad thread. A thinly veiled "look at me, I got my hole" thread:rolleyes::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

What a sad thread. A thinly veiled "look at me, I got my hole" thread:rolleyes::D

Why do people keep saying that. It's not thinly veiled at all.

And yes, it is pathetic.

• Advertisement

I'm well informed of how it's been determined that pre-historically humans had orgies all day long, older males had sex with 12 year old girls etc. But we had evolved past that stage with the culmination of monogamy within the structure of marriage. Why do we want to devolve back to polyamory and live like animals just for the sake of people being able to have sexual variety? Especially when people are being so clearly influenced by outside forces to want to have this sexual variety?

Why does monogamy have to necessarily be the culmination of our sexual evolution? That might be what you prefer and that's fine, but I'm not sure you can say it's the natural situation for all mankind.
    We don't have to choose between polyamorously living like animals and monogamy within marriage: you're setting up a false dichotomy.
    People can enjoy sex outside marriage and still be sophisticated, civilized, decent people.

Some people actually care about the future of society, and not just about their next orgasm.

Again, this is a false dichotomy: I care about both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

About 3 years and 7 months to date. Pity me.

McChubbin wrote: »

Aww. *hugs*

I'm almost double that. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭AngryBollix

I banged my best friends sister last weekend.

Neither have disowned me yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Karsini wrote: »
    Aww. *hugs*

Eh, to be perfectly honest, I don't really miss it anymore. As Beverly Hofstader once put it: "I've been responsible for my own orgasms since 1988!"
    That said, I've got a good thing going with a male friend though our relationship is taking a very Shammy-esque road...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

And yes, it is pathetic.
    Of course it is ...anybody asking such a question ,even by AH standards and expecting an honest answer has got to be joking .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Must be about 5 months now :(

However things are looking good for some action on Wednesday or Thursday!

The following morning will go something like this -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Latchy wrote: »
    Of course it is ...anybody asking such a question ,even by AH standards and expecting an honest answer has got to be joking .

That too ;) It's also pathetic that someone has to boast about getting laid on an internet forum.

That said, this is AH :D

Why does monogamy have to necessarily be the culmination of our sexual evolution? That might be what you prefer and that's fine, but I'm not sure you can say it's the natural situation for all mankind.

I'm in no way saying that monogamy is the natural situation for all mankind; I'm saying it's the best situation for mankind and the only one in which civilizations have flourished under all throughout history.
    We don't have to choose between polyamorously living like animals and monogamy within marriage: you're setting up a false dichotomy.
    People can enjoy sex outside marriage and still be sophisticated, civilized, decent people.

So you're suggesting that it's a good scenario we have in Ireland now where people **** around until they're in their mid-thirties when they settle down and get married? What about all the bastard children being born without a proper family who are far more likely to be mentally ill or a criminal? What about the single-mothers who do not make a career for themselves as they rely on handouts from the government? You can't say that's better than having a two-parent household where children have full-siblings.

• Advertisement

I'm in no way saying that monogamy is the natural situation for all mankind; I'm saying it's the best situation for mankind and the only one in which civilizations have flourished under all throughout history.

So you're suggesting that it's a good scenario we have in Ireland now where people **** around until they're in their mid-thirties when they settle down and get married? What about all the bastard children being born without a proper family who are far more likely to be mentally ill or a criminal? What about the single-mothers who do not make a career for themselves as they rely on handouts from the government? You can't say that's better than having a two-parent household where children have full-siblings.

It all depends on the parents: one good single parent is better than two bad ones.
    It's not like there are so many single mothers around anyway: 24% of children in Ireland are being raised by single parents, 85% are female, 15% male: 24% of those are single parents, 40% are widowed and 32% are separated or divorced.
    So there's really not that many single mothers at all, and I don't know where you're getting your facts about mental health and crime from.

I respect your preference for monogamy within marriage, but I don't think you can claim that modern attitudes towards sex are having a serious detrimental effect on society.

Also, why would you use an outdated term like "bastard," if only because you know it has such negative connotations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Sleeping around until you're in your mid-thirties and then settling down is not necessarily connected to 'bastard' children as you put it.
    We have this magic stuff now called contraception.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Sauve wrote: »
    Sleeping around until you're in your mid-thirties and then settling down is not necessarily connected to 'bastard' children as you put it.
    We have this magic stuff now called contraception.

Yeah, but contraception is evil.

Yeah, but contraception is evil.

All forms of it?
    Rhythm method even? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭ihsb

All forms of it?
    The best kind of method! This can not be evil

ihsb wrote: »
    The best kind of method! This can not be evil

Even outside the confines of a holy and righteous marriage?

• Advertisement

Even outside the confines of a holy and righteous marriage?

Well it doesn't provide protection so you know... should be done responsibly. And of course that can only happen in marriage :pac:

ihsb wrote: »
    Well it doesn't provide protection so you know... should be done responsibly. And of course that can only happen in marriage :pac:

Of course, of course.
    And sure if it doesn't work, then isn't that a blessing from God himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Aww. *hugs*

I see a love match :D

Lol I thought this was a genuine joke response!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lol

Someone's jealous of those who are sexually active...

Of course, of course.
    And sure if it doesn't work, then isn't that a blessing from God himself.

That is what I tell the OH.

• Advertisement

All forms of it?

Only if you're white, as white folk lack rhythm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

This morning ^_^

Only if you're white, as white folk lack rhythm.

I'm not though, so am I ok to go ahead and fornicate?

I'm not though, so am I ok to go ahead and fornicate?

Go crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭adam88

Aww. *hugs*

Eh, to be perfectly honest, I don't really miss it anymore. As Beverly Hofstader once put it: "I've been responsible for my own orgasms since 1988!"
    That said, I've got a good thing going with a male friend though our relationship is taking a very Shammy-esque road...

You can't leave it at that. Good thing going ??????

Go crazy!

Woohoo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Only 12.44% have voted never. Something is seriously wrong here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭Paulie Gualtieri

I find the ones who have to talk about it seldom get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

On friday nite i jumped off the wardrobe on to my waterbed she went flying off the bed i hit the bed so hard that i pulled a muscle in my back so never got down to it and my backs still at me and i think the bed is leaking now to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

patwicklow wrote: »
    On friday nite i jumped off the wardrobe on to my waterbed she went flying off the bed i hit the bed so hard that i pulled a muscle in my back so never got down to it and my backs still at me and i think the bed is leaking now to.

The 1970s called..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

right now, you da messaged me on grindr op.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭darlett

Dont quite have the inclination to go through the whole thread-so maybe is been er raised before, and I dont want to hint that its been 'awhile' but surely theres a window which allows for people to have not sex in a year, but not to fall into never! Although Im sure for someone who knobbed a blonde last night its more simples than that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

its weird answering never

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

EdenHazard wrote: »
    its weird answering never

not given your sig it's not! :p
    100 % BELIEBER

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

I had it last night. Gave a blonde a right good knobbing. :cool:

I'll add my poll in a minute. :pac:
    Are you Allan Partridge? "back of the net"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I suppose I don't get the thing about it being more than physical. It just is for me.
    Physical only is good, can be great - but for me nowhere near as good as when there's emotion involved, and all the other stuff there is to do besides basic ****ing. I can't relate to people not missing it, but that's just me. Absence makes the heart grow fonder IMO :p
    Natasha_95 wrote: »
    Last night (:
    We've a winner of the "Gotta tell everyone I'm sexually active" proclamations - you actually set up an account to say it! :pac:
    I just about qualify for the 'within the last year' category.

Pathetic!!!!
    Well it's not a competition in fairness...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I find the ones who have to talk about it seldom get it.

I never talked about it when I was getting some, but I realised I talk too much about my lack of it.

There's a psychological analysis in your theory for some qualified person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

I gave up having random sex aboot three months ago (I have never actually made love, ever.)

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

And yes, it is pathetic.

People think that using the term 'thinly veiled' makes them look smarter, or more widely read when it's the literary equivalent of stabbing yourself in the eye repeatedly with an 18 inch black rubber cock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Babybuff wrote: »
    I gave up having random sex aboot three months ago (I have never actually made love, ever.)

Goddamn Canucks! They're takin ar wimminz, and steelin ar secks!

Advertisement