Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social workers

Options
  • 01-04-2012 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anyone know how to find out about particular social workers..i have her name and i know where she works (i think) but i want to find out more about her...shes my birth mothers social worker and she contacted me recently by letter. i want to find out more about her before i do anything else...the form of the letter makes me a bit sceptical!!

Thanks!! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

If you have received an official letter the name of the organisation should be on the letterhead.Ring the number and ask for the name and address of the Principal Social Worker. That person would be able to confirm if the person that contacted you is who they purport to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Wyyldfaery

Ah..ok..it was an official letter..just worded really badly i think....though it came from the fostering department rather than the adoption...and im adopted not fostered!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Tracing and reunification is usually dealt with by the fostering section of the HSE Social Work Department that is local to the birth mother's home address at time of placement.It is too small a field of work to require its own department. The fact that the Social Worker may not be aware of what you know about your background may account for the letter being poorly phrased. I hope things work out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 missroro

you can ring and find how what you need to know... if you want to find out about your mom or meet her... if you dont just get in contact with hse and inform them that you dont wish to be contacted again. :)

Advertisement