Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe place to leave a bike in Limerick?

• 01-04-2012 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Thinking of cycling to town a lot and live out the country. Used to have access to a boat club house where I left the bike but that is no longer the case.

Anyone have a solution for a safe place to leave a bike. Would be willing to pay a reasonable amount if some car park etc facilitated this? I don't want to leave it locked up anywhere open in town.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There's no where really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

wingnut wrote: »
    Thinking of cycling to town a lot and live out the country. Used to have access to a boat club house where I left the bike but that is no longer the case.

Anyone have a solution for a safe place to leave a bike. Would be willing to pay a reasonable amount if some car park etc facilitated this? I don't want to leave it locked up anywhere open in town.

Outside the cop shop on Henry street. Use 2 locks..that need 2 different approaches to cutting. Say a D lock and a chain.
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

Maybe ring around to the different car-parks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

There's safe enough parking in Mary I and it's not too far from the city centre. 15 mins walk max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭rainbowdash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

There's safe enough parking in Mary I and it's not too far from the city centre. 15 mins walk max.

Used to do this when I was in Mary I. Did stop some scumbags who were in the college grounds trying to steal the bikes once.

Such a pity you can't cycle into the city with a decent bike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭flutered

the car park at the top of thomas street has an east european caretaker who takes the security of clients property to aa new level.

Advertisement