Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FPL] - Gameweek 32 - Transfers

• 01-04-2012 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭

Pog out Graham in

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Walcott in.........was going to get Gerrard but cannot trust pool just now,bloody Enrique is just holding cash on me so may even sell him for a 4 pointer....get in a cheapy defender who might score here and there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Out go Silva and Pog, in come Walcott and Cisse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I'm going to post this one last time here, then I'm leaving you all to rot. :D

LOOK AT GW34 AND GW36 AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS IN BOTH THE SHORT FIXTURE LIST IN 34 AND THE BIG DGWs IN 36.

That is all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

dahat wrote: »
    bloody Enrique is just holding cash on me so may even sell him for a 4 pointer....get in a cheapy defender who might score here and there

I'm thinking that as well. Unfortunately I also have two players who have fallen out of favour and Lescott. Enrique might be in my team for another week.

Is that Doni chap any good at all? Any hope of a CS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

dahat wrote: »
    bloody Enrique is just holding cash on me so may even sell him for a 4 pointer....get in a cheapy defender who might score here and there

I'm thinking that as well. Unfortunately I also have two players who have fallen out of favour and Lescott. Enrique might be in my team for another week.

Is that Doni chap any good at all? Any hope of a CS?

What do you mean Enrique is not gonna hold on to the number 1 jersey

!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

carlcon wrote: »
    I'm going to post this one last time here, then I'm leaving you all to rot. :D

LOOK AT GW34 AND GW36 AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH PLAYERS IN BOTH THE SHORT FIXTURE LIST IN 34 AND THE BIG DGWs IN 36.

That is all!

how many doublers do you have for gw 34, its impossible to have 11 for gw 34 without taking massive points hits in gw 36, I currently have 9 for gw34 and I am happy with that, I got in cisse today because the guys on fire and I think he is essential for the 2 games leading up to gw34 , for gw 36 i am considering selling rooney or vpersie for adebayour but i dont know which yet, I also may do valencia to mata as well which would leave me with 8 on doubles for gw36, liverpool have a double that gameweek also but to hell with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Bar a wildcard, you should not fall for the DGW's coming up imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

TORRES :) HE'S GOING TO BANG THEM IN AGAINST WIGAN

bazwin wrote: »
    TORRES :) HE'S GOING TO BANG THEM IN AGAINST WIGAN

no he's not al habsi's gonna stop him!

i hope :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I'm gonne replace Reina with Friedel. What a waste Reina has been, he's gotten me 1 clean sheet and a red card. As for the whole DGW craic.... Spurs players are a must. VDV looks the most likely candidate to replace Dempsey for me, I'll be overlooking Bale but VDV seems to be back. I'll also try to get some Chelsea cover in but I don't know who yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Enrique out > Taylor(swansea) in
    Pog out > Cisse in

Another 4 point hit. What do ye think?

cus I won't be able to afford Cisse if I don't get him tonight cus his price will rocket!

i may as well lay bare my transfer strategy since i have no hope of catching ye high flyers anyway

will save two transfers for gw34, then make 3 for a 4 pt hit, leaving me with:

hart, kompany, caulker, evans, mcclean, sig, valencia, walcott, rvp, rooney, graham all (hopefully) to play that week

then keep 2 transfers for gw36 and probably make 4, taking a 8pt hit. I'm thinking:

Rooney - Torres
    Graham - Ade
    Hart - Howard
    Kompany - Baines

leaving me with (i think) 7 players for the dgw. That should do i think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

** DEADLINE **

Just a heads up that Swansea play Newcastle on Friday and the deadline for this week is Friday at 4p.m.

Nothing to see here folks :D

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    ** DEADLINE **

Just a heads up that Swansea play Newcastle on Friday and the deadline for this week is Friday at 4p.m.

shissh

I am not leaving Sigurdsson on the bench for this up coming game week but im not sure who to sacrifice between the following

Valencia home to QPR(Dont think so)
    Rooney home to QPR(Not a chance)
    Bale away to Sunderland(Possibly)
    Dempsey away to Bolton(Possibly)
    Walcott home to City(This should be a low scoring game but Arsenal are the home team
    VPersie home to city(Been quieter than usual but am I really going to bench him, dont think so)
    Cisse away to Swansea(I just bought him plus hes on fire)

So would like opinions please, swansea home to Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

4 point hit taken,Walcott in and Silva out.Should I chance another hit to swap Ba for Cisse? I'm tempted just to bench him & play McLean as an extra midfielder then swap next week or wait to get Ade for the DGW-this game is a headwrecker.

I am not leaving Sigurdsson on the bench for this up coming game week but im not sure who to sacrifice between the following

Walcott home to City(This should be a low scoring game but Arsenal are the home team
    VPersie home to city(Been quieter than usual but am I really going to bench him, dont think so)

You might want to reconsider that. Sig has scored all (I think) his goals away from home

Look into my eyes :pac:

advice anyone...

Dempsey would be my pick of all of them. He and Fulham are pretty poor away from home.

Watch out for Sigurdsson though. Swansea are unreal at home but Siggy isn't quite the same player. He has scored all his goals away from home.

The QPR and Bolton games are perfect for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

the whole world is bringing in cisse for the next gameweek
    brought in bentdner for pog myself so much of a muchness given
    both him and cisse are on fire
    impossible to drop rvp and rooney given the teams coming
    up for them in the next few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

mailburner wrote: »
    the whole world is bringing in cisse for the next gameweek
    brought in bentdner for pog myself so much of a muchness given
    both him and cisse are on fire
    impossible to drop rvp and rooney given the teams coming
    up for them in the next few weeks

22,000 transfers in today alone :eek:

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    22,000 transfers in today alone :eek:

Thanks for your reassurance on the Cisse transfer :P. I had a match today. Feet were in bits and body was aching. The news of Cisse's two goals livened me up fairly quickly.

Also my Walcott transfer paid off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Had an absolute disaster this week. 25 points including captain rvp with 3 man utd left. Going for broke transferring in Tevez for Suarez. Reckon Mancini will have to play him now and Tevez will be hugely motivated. Gives me a dream forward line of RVP-Rooney-Tevez

Had an absolute disaster this week. 25 points including captain rvp with 3 man utd left. Going for broke transferring in Tevez for Suarez. Reckon Mancini will have to play him now and Tevez will be hugely motivated. Gives me a dream forward line of RVP-Rooney-Tevez

That's a very expensive gamble. He's still the third highest priced player in the game. I wouldn't have made that until I was certain that he'll be starting. Fair play if it comes off though.

That's a very expensive gamble. He's still the third highest priced player in the game. I wouldn't have made that until I was certain that he'll be starting. Fair play if it comes off though.

Tevez is a certain starter from now on. Mancini's job is on the line. City have been rubbish for so long they are bound to start playing well again. Can see Tevez having a massive impact over the final seven games. Only negative is that Balotelli takes penalties now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

Turning my thoughts to Swansea players now

Getting Caulker in for Stephen Kelly this week with an eye on GW34

Tevez is a certain starter from now on. Mancini's job is on the line. City have been rubbish for so long they are bound to start playing well again. Can see Tevez having a massive impact over the final seven games. Only negative is that Balotelli takes penalties now.

I don't fully agree with you. I'm not sure if Tevez can last 90. It's a gamble starting him. I would be very surprised if he starts against Arsenal. I think he might get 30 minutes against them in the second half.

I admire you going for it like this but I wouldn't have made the same transfer if I had the money.

Don't forget that Aguero still has to come back and he's really the only definite starting forward for City imo.

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    Turning my thoughts to Swansea players now

Getting Caulker in for Stephen Kelly this week with an eye on GW34

After Newcastle match Swansea play 4 teams in relegation trouble + then Man Utd. They will be giving everything in those matches. Also, we often see promoted team who unexpectedly do well suffer a slide at end of season as the toll of previous championship campaign (including play-offs) catches up with them. Some of these guys have probably played 80 games in the past 20 months. I wouldn't be surprised to see Swansea's form dip for the remainder of the season. Caulker might be a good back-up though.

I don't fully agree with you. I'm not sure if Tevez can last 90. It's a gamble starting him. I would be very surprised if he starts against Arsenal. I think he might get 30 minutes against them in the second half.

I admire you going for it like this but I wouldn't have made the same transfer if I had the money.

Don't forget that Aguero still has to come back and he's really the only definite starting forward for City imo.

Cheers. I've it done now so feck it. Am currently outside the top 10k. This transfer will probably decide how i finish the season. Would like to get inside top 7k. Would be happy enough with that.

• Advertisement

After Newcastle match Swansea play 4 teams in relegation trouble + then Man Utd. They will be giving everything in those matches. Also, we often see promoted team who unexpectedly do well suffer a slide at end of season as the toll of previous championship campaign (including play-offs) catches up with them. Some of these guys have probably played 80 games in the past 20 months. I wouldn't be surprised to see Swansea's form dip for the remainder of the season. Caulker might be a good back-up though.

Thanks for that reassurance after I get Taylor and Cisse in for -4 :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement