Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[FPL] - Gameweek 32 - Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'm trying to get rid of Senderos and Santon. Thinking of Shotton and Caulker. One for GW34 and the other for the double in GW36.

I'll probably go for Caulker this week. Shotton can wait another week I think. I really don't want to be going into this week with a hopeless back three again.

I'm going to gamble on Lescott this week. He really has to start or I'm going to get rid of him. I think with Lescott and Kompany in there then City will have a good chance of keeping a CS (maybe not against Arsenal but after that game). If he does nothing then Walker/BAE will be coming in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I'd never take a point hit for a defender I don't think

I wouldnt normally but i need the money to get in Walcott! Theres 6.3mil wasted right there!!

Walker or BAE?

If I get Caulker this week for Senderos, then I can get in Walker next week for Enrique. I'll have nothing left in the bank after that though. Can't afford BAE without waiting a week or taking a hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I generally make my transfers early in the week to avoid the rollercoaster of price changes (made a bundle getting in Cisse and Valencia on the Sunday night of their recent big price rise weeks), but it's nice with planning Caulker in this week because I can sit on it until Friday without risk of him rocketing

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

roryc wrote: »
    An 8 point hit now is absolutely insane.
    I have made a 4 point hit nearly three weeks in a row now! but now I have a good team so dont think I will make anymore till the DGW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Maggie McGaggie

Walker or BAE?

If I get Caulker this week for Senderos, then I can get in Walker next week for Enrique. I'll have nothing left in the bank after that though. Can't afford BAE without waiting a week or taking a hit.

How about Gallas, Jimmy? I know he doesn't get many assists or goals but if he is a certain starter at 4.6m he could be worth looking at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Walker or BAE?

I'm getting Friedel myself, he has the chance of getting more point than BAE and Walker too thanks to saves points. I wouldn't go for Gallas myself, as Maggie suggested. You be banking on King to not play and King only doesn't play if he's injured afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

King doesnt play 2 matches in a week either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I'm trying to get rid of Senderos and Santon. Thinking of Shotton and Caulker. One for GW34 and the other for the double in GW36.

I'll probably go for Caulker this week. Shotton can wait another week I think. I really don't want to be going into this week with a hopeless back three again.

I'm going to gamble on Lescott this week. He really has to start or I'm going to get rid of him. I think with Lescott and Kompany in there then City will have a good chance of keeping a CS (maybe not against Arsenal but after that game). If he does nothing then Walker/BAE will be coming in.

Shotton hasnt played in weeks, better off with wilkinson or if you can stretch go for turner off sunderland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

What do people generally do in a situation where you have top players playing each other.

For example i ve kompany, walcott and RVP for next week. Do you take a view and bench one/two of them or hedge your bets?

If walcott/RVP are to get points kompany has to get max 2, unless he scores which is unlikely.

So is it too risky having two arsenal players playing or do you assume they ll score and drop kompany?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

kennyb3 wrote: »
    What do people generally do in a situation where you have top players playing each other.

For example i ve kompany, walcott and RVP for next week. Do you take a view and bench one/two of them or hedge your bets?

If walcott/RVP are to get points kompany has to get max 2, unless he scores which is unlikely.

So is it too risky having two arsenal players playing or do you assume they ll score and drop kompany?

its hard to say. I'd be surprised if arsenal don't score, but neither am I expecting a goalfest. I imagine City will want to keep it tight. They can't afford any more slipups

4 point hit to get Walcott in this week then?? What do people reckon? Is he going to produce the goods against city??? Or should i get Bendtner in and hold off on Walcott for another week and risk a price rise???

Decisions, decisions....

4 point hit to get Walcott in this week then?? What do people reckon? Is he going to produce the goods against city??? Or should i get Bendtner in and hold off on Walcott for another week and risk a price rise???

Decisions, decisions....
    I would not be taking a hit to get him in for city myself, i would say your transfers should be based on the next 3-4 weeks and not next week. If he fits into your GW 34 and 36 plans well then thats different

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Decisions, decisions....

Some people call me the Space Cowboy.
    Some call me the gangster of love.
    Some people tell me to stop taking points hits...

I would not be taking a hit to get him in for city myself, i would say your transfers should be based on the next 3-4 weeks and not next week. If he fits into your GW 34 and 36 plans well then thats different

Not sure what to do with GW 34 & 36 yet! At the moment i can field 9 for GW34 and was planning on saving my transfer that week to give myself 2 for GW36 but havnt a clue who im going to get in yet? Walcott seems to be on form at the moment tho and nobody above me in my league has him so could be a huge differential?
    roryc wrote: »
    Some people call me the Space Cowboy.
    Some call me the gangster of love.
    Some people tell me to stop taking points hits...

Haha fair enough! Constructive criticism...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Thinking of bringing in Bogdan myself for the DGW. Have Vorm as my main GK but just thinking that considering Vorm is against Cisse and pals this week maybe Bogdan might be worth a punt..........
    thoughts? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

What do people make of Sturridge for Ba this week - don't want to jump on the Cisse bandwagon this week and Chelsea have a handy enough game this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

hupskip wrote: »
    What do people make of Sturridge for Ba this week - don't want to jump on the Cisse bandwagon this week and Chelsea have a handy enough game this week?

Long-term, it may be worth it. If you plan on keeping him until the DGW in GW36, it could be a good investment. But only if you're going to keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭DazzlerIE

I had this situation this week too

Benching Kompany v Arsenal, really fancy Arsenal to beat them

Spurs v Sunderland and Newcastle v Swansea are proving more difficult though

I've got Mig in goal right now, Bale and BAE starting

Also have Caulker and Siggy + Cisse starting

Bets are firmly hedged there, but not a lot else I can do

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Thanos wrote: »
    Thinking of bringing in Bogdan myself for the DGW. Have Vorm as my main GK but just thinking that considering Vorm is against Cisse and pals this week maybe Bogdan might be worth a punt..........
    thoughts? :confused:

Brought him for Krul. It freed up some funds and with the two DWGs I think it's good sense. Bolton's games for those weeks are tricky enough but even one clean sheet plus add in a few saves, and you should get a decent return. At least that's what I'm telling myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I think I'll save the transfer this week as I'm pretty happy with my team. It's next week the headaches begin.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭mightdomighty

Ba out, Cisse in. If Cisse is even close to being as consistent as the last two games- Happy days!

DazzlerIE wrote: »
    I had this situation this week too

Benching Kompany v Arsenal, really fancy Arsenal to beat them

Spurs v Sunderland and Newcastle v Swansea are proving more difficult though

I've got Mig in goal right now, Bale and BAE starting

Also have Caulker and Siggy + Cisse starting

Bets are firmly hedged there, but not a lot else I can do
    Good to get your thoughts dazzler, the head to heads of big players is one issue i really struggle with and worst of all amnt consistent in what i chose to do

Ok boyeens.... I'm looking at Rafael at the moment. 9,9 and 12 in his last 3 and he has some attacking threat at only 5.4 million. The thing is though, will he start? I'm looking at downgrading the certain starter that is Evra for him so I can free up funds. But I also think he'll outscore Evra if he continues to play.

FatRat wrote: »
    Ok boyeens.... I'm looking at Rafael at the moment. 9,9 and 12 in his last 3 and he has some attacking threat at only 5.4 million. The thing is though, will he start? I'm looking at downgrading the certain starter that is Evra for him so I can free up funds. But I also think he'll outscore Evra if he continues to play.
    I see no reason why he wont play. He seems to be favoured ahead of smalling and jones now. He is teaming up well with valencia. Basically there is no reason for him to be dropped.

If you are worried the obvious thing to do is go with evans and you ll still free up 2million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Local_Chap

FatRat wrote: »

Johnny Evans surely??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Local_Chap wrote: »
    Johnny Evans surely??

I think Rafael is a very decent alternative and if I hadn't Rooney, I would probably be going with Evans, Rafael and Valencia.

If I had a choice between Evans and Rafael, I'd go with Evans. Cheaper, will definately play every game barring injury and he is now going up for every corner (Ferdinand is now staying back covering).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I think Rafael is more likely to get goal/assist points than Evans...

Its like BAE vs Walker.

LIke most people, if I could have 4 United players now I would.

I have Evans. I've been doubling up on United defence.Evra isn't pulling his attacking weight for the price I'm paying. Rafael seems to be a second winger at the moment, the way he's playing so I'm contemplating getting him in. I'll probably pass though as it will hinder my transfer plans and I'll end up having to take a hit. Also... Evra is a certain starter, Rafael isn't so I'll be kicking myself if Rafael doesn't start a game.

Not only is Evans going up for every corner but he's finding himself in great positions now. If he had a bit of composure about him against Blackburn he could well have had another goal from a corner. Evra played it to him and there was no one within 3/4 yards of Evans. It was a tame shot in the end but he's getting in those positions now with a lot of regularity. Give him another few games and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets the odd goal or assist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

silva will have to go this week he is just been terrible with the last few weeks, time to bring in valentia i'm thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭Shane732

Question:

Gibbs, Simpson, Turner, McClean, Siggy & the Yak.

Pick 3 to play this weekend......

Shane732 wrote: »
    Question:

Gibbs, Simpson, Turner, McClean, Siggy & the Yak.

Pick 3 to play this weekend......

I have something similar to choose!

Have Gibbs and will probably field him despite playing City! Also i have R Taylor but Vorm in Goals and Sigurdsson too!

Think you'd have to be mad not to play Sig at the moment with the form hes in and hes at home this week!

Yakubu has a good chance of banging 1 in against West brom too i reckon! Might actually get him in for Pog this week! Either him or Bendtner but Sunderland Vs Spurs this wk and have BAE starting and Bale too!

Never good at these decisions!:mad:

Honestly I think this week will be a low scoring week. Alot of popular players playing against each other. Anything over 50 will be a very good score I think

Think you'd have to be mad not to play Sig at the moment with the form hes in and hes at home this week!

As I've said many times he's not as good at home as he is away. All his goals have been away from home. He's only had two assists there.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Maverick91

As I've said many times he's not as good at home as he is away. All his goals have been away from home. He's only had two assists there.
    His home games have been tough. Arsenal, where he only played 45 minutes, Chelsea, an in form Everton and City. The only dissapointment was his 2 points against Norwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

My plan for this week was to get Cahill in to my team but is he likely to play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

thunderdog wrote: »

Nobody knows. Personally, I think he's too risky with Chelsea still in 3 comps. There's also the chance that he may only play part of a match which is even worse than him being left out altogether. Avoid imo.

Maverick91 wrote: »
    His home games have been tough. Arsenal, where he only played 45 minutes, Chelsea, an in form Everton and City. The only dissapointment was his 2 points against Norwich.

I suppose so. I hadn't really looked at his fixtures.

I was basing my opinion on Swansea's unbelievable home form. They only lost once (to United) up till February at home.

Compare that to Sigurdsson's away form and it can get confusing very quickly.

I'll probably put him in there due to a lack of players but I wouldn't be banking on him to score a goal or an assist.

• Advertisement

Right were getting to the business end of things this week(Deadline tomorrow!), Need to shift Pog this week so looking for opinions on who to get in taking in consideration the upcoming GW34 & 36 situation! Was thinking of Bendtner but dont want to bring him in till GW34 as Sunderland have Spurs and Everton in the run up to it so wouldnt mind getting another form player in who has more favourable fixtures over the next 3 weeks!

Suggestions??

Right were getting to the business end of things this week(Deadline tomorrow!), Need to shift Pog this week so looking for opinions on who to get in taking in consideration the upcoming GW34 & 36 situation! Was thinking of Bendtner but dont want to bring him in till GW34 as Sunderland have Spurs and Everton in the run up to it so wouldnt mind getting another form player in who has more favourable fixtures over the next 3 weeks!

Suggestions??

has to be Cisse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,595 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

None this week methinks. Wanna have 2 available for gw34.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

thunderdog wrote: »

Terry picked up an injury last night and Cahill replaced so he looks a good bet to start at the weekend. Terry will be rested in order to recover for the bigger cup games I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Just the one transfer for me this week. Odem in for Ba

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I did Simpson to Cahill and Ba to Bendtner.

• Advertisement

Mancini is looking to get Aguero and Lescott playing at the weekend. I think they'll definitely start. Their season depends on this game and no way he can have two of his best players on the sidelines again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Rastapitts

keep faith with Cahill as terry wont be risked. ba has to start scoring and will once everyone has got cisse in. Anyone think united will have welbeck and hernandez up front for QPR game and have Rooney on bench? with 2 games in few days will he defo play both

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Would it be wise to flog Young for Valencia??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Gridlock wrote: »
    Would it be wise to flog Young for Valencia??

I'm thinking of doing the same, really unsure what to do.

I ve done it - it frees up cash for gw36, and id be gutted if young was on the bench again at near 10m. But these things often go horribly wrong with young scoring and/or tony getting injured. Best laid plans and all that

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement