Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router Help/Advice??

• 01-04-2012 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

First off forgive me if I get some of the terminology wrong! I've been with Smart since early 2006. They initially issued us with an Aolynk modem. In 2008 I got a netgear wgr614v7. It didn't have a port to plug a phone line directly in so I ran an ethernet cable from the original modem supplied to the netgear one and it worked and had no problems.

Towards the end of last year we changed to a new plan with Smart and they provided us with a new wireless router, a thomson tg585 v8. By and large there aren't any real issues without it. It does seem to lose connection a bit and has to be restarted. Gaming wise it's not great though and I've read up on it and found lots of other people seem to feel the same. The general consensus is that it's just not very good for gaming.

So because of those reasons I wanted to revert back to the original setup I had. Now unfortunately when I connect it back to the way it was my computers connect to the netgear router but they tell me that there is no internet access? Could anyone possibly provide me with any advice or solution?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

is your isp login information correct on the netgear?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Ballymun Bohs

Yes it's correct. I didn't change any details from when it previously worked beforehand. I reset the netgear to factory default and re entered the isp info again and still no joy.

Advertisement