Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arkham City always freezes in same place

Options
  • 01-04-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭

Please feel free to move if in wrong forum..

Hi folks, hope someone can help here.

young fella bought Batman Arkham City about 3 weeks ago, everytime he gets to the same place (The joker is saying 'because now there is a tiny bit of me in you batman') the game freezes; just says loading and never does.

We brought the game back to store and they exchanged for new one - thought it may have been an error with the actual disc, but the issue is still the same.

Spec of laptop is

Win7 64bit
    i5 Core Processor
    4GB RAM

Plenty of room on the hard drive.. t

This has happened when connected to live and when disconnected, can anyone shed any light on this?

All help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

have you updated your graphics drivers and any updates for the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Gator

I believe there is patch for that, seems a common problem, do a quick google

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Firblog

AFIK the graphics driver has latest update available, have been trying to search for solution using same phrase that I used above but nothing comes up relating to it;

On a side note, the download limit was reached this month for the first time ever, should the game eat up alot of the broadband allowance? 15GB allowance per month on 3G dongle..

Forgive the stupid question... how do you update a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

it depends on what you are playing it through Steam, Origin or Games for Windows Live
    you will have to see if it can be updated to 1.03 which is the latest i think
    you can check it usually on the menu screen what version you have

Jeeze has this game been developed by idiots? Found a post by them announcing the release of a 2nd patch for the pc version of the game, but they didn't post a link to it, and haven't been able to find a link myself (maybe I'm the idiot)..

Tried setting up a Steam account for him and to download the game that way - thought their version may not have this flaw - but the key that came with the disc isn't recognised by Steam... wtf?

Are all PC games this crap?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

It is suppoed to prompt you for the patch when you log into Games for Windows live with the retail version. Only a few steamworks enabled games allow you to activate the CD key on Steam if the developer has chosen to avail of the service, for most game you have to have bought it on Steam to use it there.

Have the latest driver, the gameplay is very good (so don't think it's a problem with the laptop)... up untill it hits this same point everytime; can someone tell me if there is a delay (while it loads or whatever) in Arkham city at this point in all games? Just like to know what is meant to happen here...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Click The start button. Select games. Find the Arkham City icon. It will tell you the version number at the bottom of the window. Right click and select check online for updates.

Games for windows live app might have to be running.

Alternatively hit the Home key in game to check for updates.

Also have you tried reducing the graphics settings? Directx 11 support for this game is really buggy. Drop all settings to low by right clicking on the game icon as above and selecting launcher. Once you're past this scene put them back up again.

Thanks for that, much appreciated; I'm off on hols for a week an a bit tomorrow so won't be able to check that for a while, but will when I get back.

Advertisement