Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If only 4th year counts for my degree, does my GPA for1st-3rd year count at all?

Options
  • 01-04-2012 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

or do i start at 0 again once i hit 4th year?

THX!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭TDOie

pseudo_23 wrote: »
    or do i start at 0 again once i hit 4th year?

THX!

This depends on which school your degree falls under.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭pseudo_23

veterinary nursing degree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

This is something you'd really need to check with student services but if "only 4th year counts towards your degree" that would imply that only exam results in 4th year would go towards your overall GPA and award given.

However any further studies (masters etc) would be based on your whole transcript of results I'd imagine...

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Generally, your final 2 years count. So 3rd year weighted at 30% and 4th year weighted at 70% (if you were doing a 3 year degree it would be 2nd year 30%, 3rd year 70%). I think it can vary depending on what you study but that's generally the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 The Night Fox

It only really matters if you and another person from your course get the same degree (A 2-1 for example) and are going for the same job, then the employer might look at your transcript and probably hire you based on who did better throughout their university career. That's the system in commerce anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

It only really matters if you and another person from your course get the same degree (A 2-1 for example) and are going for the same job, then the employer might look at your transcript and probably hire you based on who did better throughout their university career. That's the system in commerce anyway.

Alot of people forget that. I love comments that say not to bother for the first two years, employers spot that attitude a mile off. I've often seen it in CVs.

Advertisement