Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlton April Fool's offer

Options
  • 01-04-2012 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭

Today's Sunday Independent

Carlton Hotel Group advertisement.

"Get 50% off B and B rates any time this year when you book on April 1st"

T and C's apply

Can't find the T and C's on the website.

I believe the operative words are ANY time and this YEAR.

If you try and book some days, e.g., a Saturday, the website tells you to pick a different rate. (there is availability)

T and C's aside, (if they can be found) isn't this ad misleading?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They do say "Offer is subject to availability and must be booked on April 1st"

Perhaps there is no more availability on the days that you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭CGI_3

As I said, there IS availability. You are simply directed to use a different rate on certain days.

I.E., the 'fools' rate is NOT available every day as implied in the ad....

There are no specific T and C's for the offer, just their general T and C's.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There may be general availability, but there may be no availability for the special offer. They may only have allocated a certain number of rooms for the offer and once they're gone, the rate reverts back to the standard rate.

I give up.

The ad says "rates any time" I.e., any day.

This simply was never the case. Some days (most weekends) were never available at the fools rate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

But if they were booked out already they wouldn't be available surely :D ...eg race week in Galway.

• Advertisement

Obviously if the hotel is full, its full, you can't book on any rate!

What I am saying is that there are days available for booking, but that they are not available at the fools rates. (Contrary to the ad).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Ahhh. Did the ad state that availablility on a given day is limited. If not go to the ASAI and complain about the ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,289 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

CGI_3 wrote: »
    What I am saying is that there are days available for booking, but that they are not available at the fools rates. (Contrary to the ad).

And what dudara said above is that not all rooms are going to be discounted. They might have 5 rooms at the discount rate EVERY day. Those might've been gone by the time you looked. Of course weekend spots would fill up first.

The ad didn't say "applies to all bookings" and it did say T&Cs apply. Without reading the T&Cs I wouldn't waste my time complaining about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Ahhh. Did the ad state that availablility on a given day is limited. If not go to the ASAI and complain about the ad.

All that will achieve is possibly a slap on the wrist for Carlton. It wont do anything for the OP.

There obviously wasn't much of a take up on the offer when they extended it by another 24 hours.

Have to agree there's no point going to ASAI.

They'll just put it down to terms and conditions.

• Advertisement
Advertisement