Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liffey trout along Strawberry Beds

Options
  • 01-04-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, any current members of Dublin Trout Anglers here ?

I'm looking to expand my local trout angling and was hoping to try the Liffey down by ICL.

Just wondering how suitable the fishing is for new fly fishers ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Dublin Salmon Anglers has that part.
    Club cards can be got in Rory's Fishing Tackle.
    You'll need to be skillful there, with the overhanging trees ready to grab a miscast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

coolwings wrote: »
    Dublin Salmon Anglers has that part.
    Club cards can be got in Rory's Fishing Tackle.
    You'll need to be skillful there, with the overhanging trees ready to grab a miscast!

Do they still have the rights there? I heard some mention last year that they had relinquished the rights. There doesnt seem to be much signage.

Do you know what the extent of their range is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 gerryfisherman

hi there coolwings . could u tell me is it still free to fish at the memoriel pk stretch . if so is it on the same side of the pk or do you have to go over islandbridge to the othere side . plus is it anygood hear for trout fly fishing . coming up at backend off april for long weekend was hoping to get a bit of trout fishing in manythanks gerry

The Memorial Park stretch is mostly a coarse angling stretch of water, though in low water levels salmon and trout do hold where the flow is faster at the bend and also in some depressions at the top end.

The south bank is accessible, from the pathway along it's full length.
    The north bank has boat clubs dotted along it, so access is limited to certain places.

It's a free fishing length, from the bottom of the private Chapelizod AA water (top of Memorial Pk) down to the weir in front of Trinity boat club.

hi there coolwings thanks very much for letting me know where its free to fish . will be staying in the ashling hotel i believe its about a mile away from hear so its ideal to go to once again manythanks coolwings gerry in newry

• Advertisement

The Memorial Park stretch is mostly a coarse angling stretch of water, though in low water levels salmon and trout do hold where the flow is faster at the bend and also in some depressions at the top end.

The south bank is accessible, from the pathway along it's full length.
    The north bank has boat clubs dotted along it, so access is limited to certain places.

It's a free fishing length, from the bottom of the private Chapelizod AA water (top of Memorial Pk) down to the weir in front of Trinity boat club.

Sorry to ask again but are you sure about the CPi stretch? As i had mentioned above I was told that Dublin Salmon Anglers no longer held the rights here or the wrens nest.

I know they have definitely dropped the rights further up river and thought they had done similar around the beds.

PM would be appreciated if you prefer

Thanks

tin79 wrote: »
    Sorry to ask again but are you sure about the CPi stretch? As i had mentioned above I was told that Dublin Salmon Anglers no longer held the rights here or the wrens nest.

I know they have definitely dropped the rights further up river and thought they had done similar around the beds.

PM would be appreciated if you prefer

Thanks

I thought you were interested in the lower reaches.

For the most up to date info upriver you could make a call to a committee member:
    http://www.fishinginireland.info/trout/east/dublin/liffey.htm

I thought you were interested in the lower reaches.

For the most up to date info upriver you could make a call to a committee member:
    http://www.fishinginireland.info/trout/east/dublin/liffey.htm

Well by up river I meant upriver from the CPI but still lower reaches overall.

I will see if I can get some info from them. That FI link is well outdated now.

thanks tin79

Advertisement