Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Webmail down?

Options
  • 01-04-2012 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Eircom webmail seems to be down. Anyone having same problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭buster180

Yep, having problems all afternoon

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

All 3 of my email accounts are working all day via thunderbird and 1 of them is working via the eircom page through Firefox about an hour ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Buck

No luck here.

Our webmail service is currently experiencing some problems. Please try again later.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 dtlibra

My eircom.net service is d:mad:wn also

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭locustfurnace

All 3 of my email accounts are working all day via thunderbird and 1 of them is working via the eircom page through Firefox about an hour ago...

just did a quick check again there and via the eircom webmail page I get nothing just the error reading but the 3 of them are still working via Thunderbird just a bit slow retrieving the emails...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭jayflame

Last mail I received was around 6pm.
    Pings to SMTP servers are responding OK.
    Not sure if is the Webmail service is all that's wrong as still waiting for test mails via mail client.

Anyone having problems logging in via Webmail, try http://mail2web.com/
    Its working

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭lukin

I can't get on that link, eircom webmail is down too (https://webmailbox300.eircom.net/zimbra/mail#2)
    This has to be sorted asap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

Still cannot get in to my emails. Received a letter in the post today from eircom. They say - "I want to reassure you that you will continue to experience and enjoy the same great service as you always have". Geez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

I received one eircom email in the early hours (1.30am) - an automated email reply to confirm a cinema booking - the email was sent at 7.15pm yesterday from the booking confirmation place. Back to 'cannot get mail' alert now.
    Does anybody know what is going on with eircom email at the moment and when the problem is likely to be sorted?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

locked out here too. Anybody get any feedback from Eircom about what is going on?

I pmed eircom: Tony to ask but no reply yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭chinwag

My eircom webmail is back working this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭coffeepls

Nope - still no joy. I sent through a test email from my work email, no sign of that coming through.

Shocking that eircom have not responded in any way yet on here, even to say that they don't know what is going on. What's the point of a dedicated Eircom forum if they just disappear when there is a problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

lukin wrote: »
    I pmed eircom: Tony to ask but no reply yet.

Hi lukin
    had PM'd you back there...

There is a known issue with some of our email servers this morning. Technicians are carrying out some work at the moment and expect to have the service back online later today. Appreciate your patience on this, will update here as soon as we get any further information.

Tony

Thanks Tony, got your pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Shocking that eircom have not responded in any way yet on here, even to say that they don't know what is going on. What's the point of a dedicated Eircom forum if they just disappear when there is a problem?

Hi Happyman42,

Thanks for your post.

Please be aware that we have a major webmail outage. This is affecting multiple mailboxes.

Service has been restored partially to one of these mailboxes and we hope it won't be long before it is fully resolved.

If there is any update on this situation I will post this here.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GM2012

i just spoke to someone in eircom support , and he admitted that the service will not be back until at least tomorrow but could not guarantee that it would be back then.

GM2012 wrote: »
    i just spoke to someone in eircom support , and he admitted that the service will not be back until at least tomorrow but could not guarantee that it would be back then.
    Hi GM2012
    some servers have come back on line, however there are still some customers impacted by this issue. We are working to resolve as soon as we can and will be chasing for further updates.
    Tony

• Advertisement

I'm actually glad it's an eircom problem in a way. I checked my email on the phone this morning in bed around six and got "wrong password" so I thought I was going mad

Hi Happyman42,

Thanks for your post.

Please be aware that we have a major webmail outage. This is affecting multiple mailboxes.

Service has been restored partially to one of these mailboxes and we hope it won't be long before it is fully resolved.

If there is any update on this situation I will post this here.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Forgive me for being angry but getting info off Eircom is frustrating, to say the least. If I ran my business in the blase and head in the sand way you guys do then I wouldn't last too long. If there is a problem then you should have a clear and systematic way of getting info about it out there. Strolling onto an internet forum dedicated to YOUR business, hours after an event is just not good enough.
    I am still without an email service and there is STILL confusing information about when it will be back.

Thought it would be back up by now, this isn't a great situation really.:(

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Forgive me for being angry but getting info off Eircom is frustrating, to say the least. If I ran my business in the blase and head in the sand way you guys do then I wouldn't last too long. If there is a problem then you should have a clear and systematic way of getting info about it out there. Strolling onto an internet forum dedicated to YOUR business, hours after an event is just not good enough.
    I am still without an email service and there is STILL confusing information about when it will be back.

Hi Happyman42,

I do appreciate the situation with regards your email and I apologise again for the delay. Our systems are working on resolving this. If I have any further updates I will post this before I leave the Forum.

Regards,
    Ant

Hi Eircom guys,
    Can you confirm if it is the Webmail access only that is affected, or is it the mail1/mail2 relays that have the issue.
    I am able to check my mail via http://www.mail2web.com and via my mail client (Outlook), but to log into the webmail service on the Eircom site I experience problems.
    There have been delays and "time-outs" via mail2web.
    Also, is there any ETA on when this will be resolved.

Last time I experienced this was when I worked for Eircom and it turned out to be a firewall update that caused the problem, back in 2007

Cheers
    Jay

jayflame wrote: »
    Hi Eircom guys,
    Can you confirm if it is the Webmail access only that is affected, or is it the mail1/mail2 relays that have the issue.
    I am able to check my mail via http://www.mail2web.com and via my mail client (Outlook), but to log into the webmail service on the Eircom site I experience problems.
    There have been delays and "time-outs" via mail2web.
    Also, is there any ETA on when this will be resolved.

Last time I experienced this was when I worked for Eircom and it turned out to be a firewall update that caused the problem, back in 2007

Cheers
    Jay

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your post.

Yes, there is currently an issue affecting eircom webmail. We expect service to be resummed this evening. I don't have a time frame, though we well post up here if we get further updates or information.

I apologise for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience with resolving this issue.

Regards,
    Ant

“We are very sorry that the email problem affecting some customers remains. Our technical team are working hard to restore the service. They will continue throughout the night to fix the problem as soon as possible.”

For further updates, please visit eircom's Community Forum - community.eircom.net

lukin wrote: »
    Thought it would be back up by now, this isn't a great situation really.:(

Hi lurkin
    No, I agree. The first of four servers has come back online since 23:00. We are working to have the remaining servers back up as soon as possible. Apologies for this inconvenience, I do understand the frustration this has caused. We will continue to work to fully resolve issue.
    Tony

Typical! Service is down again.
    You can log in and send mails, you cannot receive.
    Not good especially when the only way to contact someone is via the Eircom email account.
    Really, really annoying now
    How much longer does a major telecommunications company need to fix an email issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Eircom is supposed to be a comunications company. Why wasn't there something about this on the news? I've spent hours trying to find something wrong with my computer. Please do not thank me for my patience.

Advertisement