Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Webmail down?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭lukin

Mine came back this morning, thanks to Tony for posting updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi Guys,

Just to confirm:

Technical Issues Update

Webmail service has been restored. We are assessing the impact of the outage and will update shortly. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience to affected customers.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭TOMP

I can access my emails again. Thanks to the tech guys at eircom for fixing the problem. This seems to be a rare occurence and I understand problems do sometimes occur even in the best organisation. Now will eircom understand the cause of the problem to prevent it happening again so this issue becomes an even rarer event?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

I cant access my email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

TOMP wrote: »
    I can access my emails again. Thanks to the tech guys at eircom for fixing the problem. This seems to be a rare occurence and I understand problems do sometimes occur even in the best organisation. Now will eircom understand the cause of the problem to prevent it happening again so this issue becomes an even rarer event?

TOMP, your comments are taken on board. Appreciated, Ant

• Advertisement

monster1 wrote: »
    I cant access my email.

Hi monster1,

Can you PM your email address and I will take a look at this.

Kind regards,
    Ant

jayflame wrote: »
    Typical! Service is down again.
    You can log in and send mails, you cannot receive.
    Not good especially when the only way to contact someone is via the Eircom email account.
    Really, really annoying now
    How much longer does a major telecommunications company need to fix an email issue?

Hi Jay,

Let me know if you still need help with your email. PM your email address in that case and I will check this for you.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

I still cant login to my webmail, pm sent with my address

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

Hi Guys,

Just to confirm:

Technical Issues Update

Webmail service has been restored. We are assessing the impact of the outage and will update shortly. We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience to affected customers.

Thanks, Mark
    What is your definition of shortly?

so, any word on when this is going to be sorted. I need my email for work

• Advertisement

Still no reply?. i've been trying to ring eircom all day to get it sorted but wasnt able to get anything but a machine.
    and obviously i cant use the eircom website as i need to register and cant without my email.

Skatedude wrote: »
    so, any word on when this is going to be sorted. I need my email for work

Hi Skatedude,

Thank you and apologies for any delay. I have responded to you PM earlier.

I have also rechecked and tested your eircom webmail and can confirm that it is working fine.

Let me know if you're getting a specific error (password fail, etc) and if you're using an email client to receive your email. If the latter and you are still having a problem sending or receiving email, just re-create your email account : The following link will be helpful if you need to do this :

eircom E-mail Support

If you have any further problems just let me know or contact Technical Support.

Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will speed up your call and help if you need to follow this up. Alternatively, let me know your case id and I will follow this up with Technical Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Update: checked mail box - tested

working fine
    Date rec by Eircom: 05/04/2012

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My boss is having an issue also. Webmail has been down since this morning. He is unable to access important emails that were due today.

Not impressed at all.

My boss is having an issue also. Webmail has been down since this morning. He is unable to access important emails that were due today.

Not impressed at all.

Hi cherryghost,

Thank you for your post.

Can you Private Message me with the email address concerned and I will check this.

Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ATN

No True,

In my case it came back alright for 1 day and ever since it has been on and off , mostly off as it is now.

Can this ever be repaired???

Rgds

ATN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jackcee

I use Windows Live Mail.
    My incoming mail is mail1.eircom.net

This is not working since Thursday last. I know some emails were sent on Thursday - not received. Nothing since.

Is there still an ongoing problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭GalwayMagpie

What has happened to the eircom mail service?

Constant time outs, random error messages, this is going on for 5/6 weeks now?

Since eircom is effectively a busted flush should we be moving away from this service as it does not appear to work in a reliable fashion?

What has happened to the eircom mail service?

Constant time outs, random error messages, this is going on for 5/6 weeks now?

Since eircom is effectively a busted flush should we be moving away from this service as it does not appear to work in a reliable fashion?

Hi GalwayMagpie,

Are you accesing the mail via the eircom website or through a different format?

Can you PM me with your eircom.net e-mail address and I can look into it.

Thanks, Mark

its down for me again today

down again, can't get access since about 10am

• Advertisement

Its down yet again, I need access to my emails!

Hi folks,

It seems that some people are having email issues similar to the previous problem. We have been in touch with the tech team again today and they have confirmed that an intermittent issue with one of the mail servers is causing problems for some customers wishing to access their email account. This is under investigation but as above, due to the nature of the fault it is proving difficult to nail down.

We don't have any further information at this point but if you are experiencing problems, post here and I will gather a list of all accounts having a problem and send them to managers in support at the end of the day. This should speed up the resolution as the more examples we can give the more likely they can get to the bottom of it. I want to sincerely apologise again for any hassle caused by this but we want to assure customers that this is being monitored.

We have requested to be contacted as soon as a resolution is reached.
    Appreciate everyone's patience regarding this matter.

Thanks,

Mark

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just noticed this forum, my @eircom.net email access has been brutal this last month or so, I've spent HOURS every day trying to access important emails without success as it keep falling over.
    Unfortunately my emails go back many years so it is very frustrating.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I'm in...woo hoo!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭jackcee

I have not had any incoming service for nearly two days now.

My incoming service has been down more days than not over the past month.

My biggest worry is that I have "lost" a large number of emails over the period.

It is not much use to have the service coming back, if I can't get ALL my emails.

Gone again, it was working until about 9am.

Since then nothing.
    Same yesterday, working early, gone during the day, working in the evening.

Trend?

this is what i get when i try to log in now
    "Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request POST /Email/login.htm.

Reason: Error reading from remote server
    Apache Server at secure.eircom.net Port 443"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Can't get in, here's the response

Our webmail service is currently experiencing some problems. Please try again later.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

This is what I get at the moment:

???htmlWelcomeMesg???

???ALT_TREE_EXPANDED??? ???folders??? ???TREE_EDIT???
    Inbox Inbox
    ???ALT_TREE_COLLAPSED??? Sent Sent

???ALT_TREE_EXPANDED??? ???searches??? ???TREE_EDIT???
    ???ztaglib.TAG_EXCEPTION???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Dub XV

Mine seems to be down during business hours on and off for about 4 or 5 weeks.

Very frustrating.

Advertisement