Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Webmail down?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 ATN

Eircom Webmail down again...

......so what is new....

.....help....someone ...anyone out there ?????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Down at the minute, can see a couple of emails that I need to access but keeps timing out, brutal

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Sorry! Unable to connect to eircom.diaryplan.com
    Please try after some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭GalwayMagpie

Working fine until about 9-10, down since.

The pattern would point to a load problem of some sort

method: GetMsgRequest
    msg: A network error has occurred.
    code: BAD_JSON_RESPONSE

• Advertisement

I love this screen, i see it every day

Loading ... If you are using a slow connection or an older computer, you may want to switch to the Standard (HTML) version.

It's back:

A network error has occurred.
    method: SearchRequest
    msg: A network error has occurred.
    code: BAD_JSON_RESPONSE

Most of yesterday and nearly all of today, in fact up until about 20 mins ago guess what...it worked!!!!!......but now it is gone again :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Guys, Thank you for your posts.

Technical Support have advised if you are experiencing intermittent email issues (with accessing your eircom email) that you let us know the eircom email account concerned.

Technical Support will also be able to check if your email is on a specific mailbox. They can then take appropriate action to rectify this if an issue is found.

When you log into your mail box, you should see the URL and the mailbox you're logging into. Try re-entering your login details again after a short while. You might also test if your email account is working with your email Client, or on another webmail server..

Again, apologies for any inconvenience caused. eircom Technical Support are available to help you with any eircom e-Mail or eircom broadband issue.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will help if you need to follow this up. Alternatively, let me know your case id and I will follow this up with Technical Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

I am on: https://webmailbox100.eircom.net/zimbra/mail#1

Getting various intermittant errors, bad proxy, white screen, loading but hanging and then timing out.

• Advertisement

I am on: https://webmailbox100.eircom.net/zimbra/mail#1

Getting various intermittant errors, bad proxy, white screen, loading but hanging and then timing out.

Hi GalwayMaggie,

Apologies for the inconvenience due to delays accessing your eircom webmail.

I've checked with Technical Support. They advise that there was a reported issue at Mid Day with a couple of the mailboxes. Some customers had reported receiving similar bad proxy errors. This was escalated to networks and resolved by 13:05.

Technical Support have tested all servers and advise these are working again. There was no significant increase in logged calls during this time and Tech' Support are continuing to monitor the mailboxes for any general reports of a similar nature.
    I would advise that you try to access your email again. If you still are unable to login let me know or call Technical Support directly:

Technical Support 1890260260 (locall) - 8am-10pm (7 Days).

Again apologies.

Regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Scone190

I havent been able to access my email for the last 2 days it just times out so frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Scone190

nevetmind its just aftering responding :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eircom email is crap

Eircom email has been completely S***E for months. Think it's time to get rid of it once and for all.It's too unreliable and not good for the stress levels. Works fine in the morning but during the day you may forget about it. It had better be working by tomorrow as i need to access it for flight details

Eircom email has been completely S***E for months. Think it's time to get rid of it once and for all.It's too unreliable and not good for the stress levels. Works fine in the morning but during the day you may forget about it. It had better be working by tomorrow as i need to access it for flight details

I understand your frustration and realise that recent email issues have had a bearing on using eircom webmail. Again I apologise for the inconvenience caused, though can assure you that Technical Support and our networks have taken every effort to resolve this.

From my latest communication with Technical Support they have assured me that there are no generic issues with email at the moment. They have advised that you contact them directly so they can check your mailbox and server at the same time.

As you may be aware, the email issues have been intermittent and it is difficult to pinpoint the issue. Often there isn't an issue after re-current checks by technical support. Other times, this is not clearly defined. It is important therefore that you call into the technicians whilst you're experiencing the issue. Like I say, they can check the mailbox server and run a few resilience tests while you are calling them.

Appreciate your patience and time on this.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭nagel

gone again

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Kalishoek

Eircom webmail down ? , it does not go further then the login screen , does not work from mobile either.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Kalishoek wrote: »
    Eircom webmail down ? , it does not go further then the login screen , does not work from mobile either.......

Same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Condo131

Mine's down too.

Plus, I can't get to talk to anybody. I moved to Vodafone last Oct and therefore don't have an Eircom a/c anymore.

Contact page on Eircom says ring 1901. The nearest support option to webmail available there is emobile. Spoke to someone there who said to ring 1800-203-204 .....that just tells you to ring 1890-260-260. Ring that and you can't get anywhere without an Eircom a/c :mad::mad::mad:

There is an Eircom forum....... but you need an Eircom A/C to register.:mad::mad::mad:

I can access some of my eircom email a/cs, but my main ones are down all morning. :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭sexymama

I can't get on to mine all day!! The husband has an Eircom email address also and his is working fine:confused:

SM

• Advertisement

Mine is back now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

Condo131 wrote: »
    Mine is back now.
    same here.... very annoying when you cant log in

Mine is STILL down!! This is driving me mad!!! Can't get any of my emails since 8am today:mad::mad::mad:

SM

Condo131 wrote: »
    Mine's down too.

Plus, I can't get to talk to anybody. I moved to Vodafone last Oct and therefore don't have an Eircom a/c anymore.

Contact page on Eircom says ring 1901. The nearest support option to webmail available there is emobile. Spoke to someone there who said to ring 1800-203-204 .....that just tells you to ring 1890-260-260. Ring that and you can't get anywhere without an Eircom a/c :mad::mad::mad:

There is an Eircom forum....... but you need an Eircom A/C to register.:mad::mad::mad:

I can access some of my eircom email a/cs, but my main ones are down all morning. :mad::mad::mad:

Yep, I have also run this particular circle - infuriating.

Mine is working OK for the last few days, no major interruptions

Working again!! Yay!!!!:D:D

SM

sexymama wrote: »
    Working again!! Yay!!!!:D:D

SM

Boo, hiss... not working here, very jealous :(

Boo, hiss... not working here, very jealous :(

Guys,

As advised above :

I understand your frustration and realise that recent email issues have had a bearing on using eircom webmail. Again I apologise for the inconvenience caused, though can assure you that Technical Support and our networks have taken every effort to resolve this.

From my latest communication with Technical Support they have assured me that there are no generic issues with email at the moment. They have advised that you contact them directly so they can check your mailbox and server at the same time.

As you may be aware, the email issues have been intermittent and it is difficult to pinpoint the issue. Often there isn't an issue after re-current checks by technical support. Other times, this is not clearly defined. It is important therefore that you call into the technicians whilst you're experiencing the issue. Like I say, they can check the mailbox server and run a few resilience tests while you are calling them.

Here are some quick troubleshooting steps which will help with email :

Which issue are you experiencing?

E-mail settings:

Mail server type: POP3
    Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing mail server*: mail1.eircom.net

OR Webmail access: http://webmail.eircom.net

*Note: If you are NOT using an eircom net connection, you MUST use your internet provider's own SMTP server OR eircom webmail.

How to configure your e-mail client

*Note: If you are NOT using an eircom net connection, you MUST use your Internet provider's own SMTP server OR eircom webmail.

1) Confirm your email address and password are correct, enabled and working (on eircom Webmail : www.eircom.net/email):
    2) Are they using an email Client? (MS Outlook, Windows Live Email, Mac Mail) . Try eircom Webmail
    3) Are you using the correct mail servers with their Email Client?
    Point them to the correct website for eircom's settings
    If having an issue sending email :
    Unable to send due to abuse or Spam?

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will help if you need to follow this up again.
    Best wishes,
    Ant

Remember to use these Support website LINKS for help with your email issue:

Thanks,
    Ant

Guys,

As advised above :

Here are some quick troubleshooting steps which will help with email :

Which issue are you experiencing?

E-mail settings:

Mail server type: POP3
    Incoming mail server: webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing mail server*: mail1.eircom.net

OR Webmail access: http://webmail.eircom.net

*Note: If you are NOT using an eircom net connection, you MUST use your internet provider's own SMTP server OR eircom webmail.

How to configure your e-mail client

*Note: If you are NOT using an eircom net connection, you MUST use your Internet provider's own SMTP server OR eircom webmail.

1) Confirm your email address and password are correct, enabled and working (on eircom Webmail : www.eircom.net/email):
    2) Are they using an email Client? (MS Outlook, Windows Live Email, Mac Mail) . Try eircom Webmail
    3) Are you using the correct mail servers with their Email Client?
    Point them to the correct website for eircom's settings
    If having an issue sending email :
    Unable to send due to abuse or Spam?

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support, as this will help if you need to follow this up again.
    Best wishes,
    Ant

Remember to use these Support website LINKS for help with your email issue:

Thanks,
    Ant

Thank you for your advice.
    This is not an issue with peoples broadband connections, outlook setting POP, SMTP or any other thing you can consider on our end.

If one can't get past the webpage login:
    https://secure.eircom.net/email

what does one do then?

Don't tell me to try IE,Firefox Chrome or any-other web-browser. Already done and the same errors across the board

Bad JSON response appears on your webmail quite a bit.
    Anyone else getting this - Bad JSON response?

Thank you for your advice.
    This is not an issue with peoples broadband connections, outlook setting POP, SMTP or any other thing you can consider on our end.

If one can't get past the webpage login:
    https://secure.eircom.net/email

what does one do then?

Don't tell me to try IE,Firefox Chrome or any-other web-browser. Already done and the same errors across the board

Bad JSON response appears on your webmail quite a bit.
    Anyone else getting this - Bad JSON response?

Hi GalwayMagpie,

I appreciate and apologise again for any inconvenience caused by using our email service. As before, I assure you that Technical Support and networks have taken every effort to resolve this.

Technical Support have advised that you contact them directly if you have an issue. They can check your mailbox and server at the same time while you are on the phone.
    If necessary they may be able to tale action straight away or escalate this to our networks for further investigation of your mailbox server.

As advised, the email issues have been intermittent and difficult to pinpoint. It is important that you call the technicians, and if possible at the same time as you're experiencing the issue.

Thank you again for your patience and time on this.

Technical Support: 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Please retain your case reference from Technical Support, as this help if you need to follow this up. Alternatively, let me know your case id and I will follow this up with Technical Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Advertisement

Technical Support: 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).
    Hi Ant,
    I moved from Eircom about 6 months ago and have another 12 months to go in my contract.

As I have left Eircom, I do not have an Eircom account number and there is no Eircom account associated with my landline. Without an Eircom account number, you cannot get past the automated 'gatekeeper' on 1890 260 260.

I've rang the eMobile number
    and they gave me a number that they assured me would "give all the help I needed"; 1800 203 204. It turned to be another automated gatekeeper and the best response, after trying most permutations, brought me back to 1890 260 260. :mad::confused::(

How does one contact Eircom support if you don't have an Eircom account?

I have 7 Eircom email accounts. When the two main ones went down, all the others were sending and receiving fine, so I can't see how it can be a problem at my end.

Advertisement