Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bread with every meal ?

Options
  • 01-04-2012 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

How often do you have bread with your meals?
    Do you have it with breakfast, lunch and dinner or just for a sandwich at lunch time ?

Is it part of your routine? Can you not eat a meal without bread and butter, and how many pans a day do you go through.

I try not to have more than 2 slices a day. How about you ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

Have never bought a sliced pan for myself in my life, never understood Irelands obsession with them. Now Superquinn fresh bread is a different story...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

With a sambo, oh yeah. I got into the bread a while back in a big way but have cut down and only use it now for beans on toast and home-made mini pizzas which are fantastic, and very nice on real brown bread. I have the munchies now. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

lamoss wrote: »
    How often do you have bread with your meals?

Only if my meal is a sandwich. Which happens maybe once or twice a week.
    Do you have it with breakfast, lunch and dinner or just for a sandwich at lunch time ?
    I'm not sure I know anyone who has bread at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Is anyone actually that obsessed with bread?
    Is it part of your routine?
    No.
    Can you not eat a meal without bread and butter
    Of course I can.
    and how many pans a day do you go through.
    Pans a DAY? One every 2 months would be good going. (I freeze it and take out a slice or two as needed.)
    I try not to have more than 2 slices a day. How about you ?

Don't get me wrong, I love bread. Give me a brown soda bread or some similar loveliness, fresh from the oven, with real butter and raspberry or blackcurrant jam... then I'd be hard pushed to stop.

Forget sliced pans.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,415 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm not sure I know anyone who has bread at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Is anyone actually that obsessed with bread?

I wouldn't say its that uncomon really. Taost for breakfast and sandwiches for lunch ahs to be pretty common. Then any dinner that has break on the side, soup, stew, garlic bread with pasta.
    In the past, if my dinner involved chips, I often made a single chip sandwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Cut down but a few months ago, i was eating a full loaf a day by myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭petethebrick

I eat a lot. A few slices of toast for breakfast then a crusty roll with lunch and then more crusty roll with dinner. And maybe more toast that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭yellowtrout

I was big into bread and could easily eat a whole pan in a day, but I had to cut it down.
    Now I have no more than two slices a day..but don't come near me with tiger bread or I'll demolish the lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I was big into bread and could easily eat a whole pan in a day, but I had to cut it down.
    Now I have no more than two slices a day..but don't come near me with tiger bread or I'll demolish the lot!

I'm afraid to ask yellowtrout as I'm similar to you about the bread....what's tiger bread....the reason I'm afraid is...If it's that nice........:eek:...world shortage!!!!!!!!!!!!....

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

I'm afraid to ask yellowtrout as I'm similar to you about the bread....what's tiger bread....the reason I'm afraid is...If it's that nice........:eek:...world shortage!!!!!!!!!!!!....

Cute story about tiger bread :)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/9053800/Sainsburys-changes-Tiger-Bread-to-Giraffe-Bread-following-advice-from-3-year-old.html

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭lamoss

My Inlaws eat huge amounts of bread. Cooked breakfast with rounds of toast. lunch,Soup with bread and butter or sandwich. Dinner meat and veg with bread and butter. Supper ham or cheese sandwiches.
    They go through about 1 1/2 - 2 pans a day! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Eating bread with a "meat, two veg and spuds" dinner is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I shared a flat with an Italian girl once. She had to have bread with every and any meal she had - it could be sliced pan for all she cared as long as it was bread. I used to be horrified if I made a stirfry and she'd go reaching for the sliced pan!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Jezek

My bread dough is rising as I type! I love bread but cannot have it too often as I am watching my diet. However I don't have it as a side dish that often, but mainly used it for sandwiches.

Advertisement