Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nosy people!

• 01-04-2012 9:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

nosy people, we all know someone thats nosy.

He couldent go a day without some sort of news. :mad:

He ask everyone in the area where their going, when will they be back/how long they where away for, what they were doing, how much mney did they spend and what they bought. :mad:

Awwwwww so NOSY!:mad:

So my quistion is, do you know any nosy people?? whats your experience with the nosy clan.

funny stories welcome. :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

I can hear it when you fap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Can the motor tax office just give you the name of whoever owns a certain reg if you ring up? Doubt they do. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

If I pm a car reg to you will you ask him to get the owner details for me please, Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

i dont know, what did you hear,who told you???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭A0

You're so nosy to want to know our stories about nosy people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

My doctors a nosey old sod.

He actually did ask me when the last time I Shaat? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Can the motor tax office just give you the name of whoever owns a certain reg if you ring up? Doubt they do. :confused:

well he says that they reply with "ok mr/ms "surname" " and thats how he finds out.

A0 wrote: »
    You're so nosy to want to know our stories about nosy people.

:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

One couple in particular are bad enough for it. They'd ask you everything and will be up to date on what everyone in the town is doing with themselves.

I don't get people like that, I really couldn't give a **** what someone is doing with their lifes if they're not close to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tayt0_eater

I have a neighbour, he sees a car or van that looks famlier, he calls the tax office with the reg number. once the woman or man replys with the owners name he hangs up. :mad:

He ask everyone in the area where their going, when will they be back/how long they where away for, what they were doing, how much mney did they spend and what they bought. :mad:

So my quistion is, do you know any nosy people?? whats your experience with the nosy clan.

Can he legally inquire about someone elses car ?? :confused::eek:
    Seems you might be able to accuse him of stalking or abuse of this system

• Advertisement

well he says that they reply with "ok mr/ms "surname" " and thats how he finds out.

He must really like listening to stupid music while he is on hold for thirty minutes if they answer in that time without hanging up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

*nosey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

Nosy people generally have very pathetic lives, I feel sorry for them and then ignore them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

My back seized up walking through the train station last Thursday, luckily my OH was there to grab onto so I didn't fall, but I couldn't move.

I was standing there in agony, tears streaming. The station employees were really good, & got me a wheelchair, but before that this woman stood infront of me, staring at me.

Just staring. After about 2 minutes she said to my OH, "what happened??" & he told her, she just stood there again for another while. Then she said "Is she ok" and I said I'll be fine. And she stood there staring until a train station employee blocked her view.

I wanted to punch her -_-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Fill them full of lies, the worse the better :D

johngalway wrote: »
    Fill them full of lies, the worse the better :D

I cant lie. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    My back seized up walking through the train station last Thursday, luckily my OH was there to grab onto so I didn't fall, but I couldn't move.

I was standing there in agony, tears streaming. The station employees were really good, & got me a wheelchair, but before that this woman stood infront of me, staring at me.

Just staring. After about 2 minutes she said to my OH, "what happened??" & he told her, she just stood there again for another while. Then she said "Is she ok" and I said I'll be fine. And she stood there staring until a train station employee blocked her view.

Fupping biddy.
    You shouldve pushed her out onto the tracks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Fupping biddy.
    You shouldve pushed her out onto the tracks.

Kamikaze wheelchair ssssstyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭ziggy23

I live down a quiet cul de sac and they are unreal for the nosiness. One aul one across the road stands at her window ALL day checking who's going in and out of their houses. I'm just learning to drive and when she sees me getting into my car she comes out of her house and stands at her gate staring at me:mad: Makes me really nervous. I would love to just lie in my front garden naked some day and see what they'd do (prob all have heart attacks nosy feckers)

ziggy23 wrote: »
    I live down a quiet cul de sac and they are unreal for the nosiness. One aul one across the road stands at her window ALL day checking who's going in and out of their houses. I'm just learning to drive and when she sees me getting into my car she comes out of her house and stands at her gate staring at me:mad: Makes me really nervous. I would love to just lie in my front garden naked some day and see what they'd do (prob all have heart attacks nosy feckers)

if your car is RWD, do donut on her lawn. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Not being disingenuous but maybe she was genuinely concerned about you having to be put in a wheelchair? Maybe it triggered something in her due to a past experience?

if your car is RWD, do donut on her lawn. :cool:

Huh???:o

Dudess wrote: »
    Not being disingenuous but maybe she was genuinely concerned about you having to be put in a wheelchair? Maybe it triggered something in her due to a past experience?

I understand where your coming from, but you could tell she was just being nosey. Once her view was blocked she had no interest and was gone!

Sar_Bear wrote: »

She sounds like she was in shock. Maybe it triggered something in her own life.

Blast her with piss. :D

Blast her with piss. :D

That I can do:D

hondasam wrote: »
    She sounds like she was in shock. Maybe it triggered something in her own life.

Nah, we just knew she was just being nosey

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

If I were you my issue with him would be that he's a lier and he's led you up the garden path. That's utter bullcrap, they wouldn't give the name out like that.

He's not nosey, he's talking out of his arse and you believed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tayt0_eater

RWD = rear wheel drive

donuts = making those circles in tarmac or grass ;)

• Advertisement

RWD = rear wheel drive

I was to lazy to type that, so "blast her with piss" seemed easier to type. :pac:

RWD = rear wheel drive

Thanks. See I'm not up to scratch with the car lingo;)

humberklog wrote: »
    If I were you my issue with him would be that he's a lier and he's led you up the garden path. That's utter bullcrap, they wouldn't give the name out like that.

He's not nosey, he's talking out of his arse and you believed it.

I admit im gulabul, but he still is very nosy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭ROFLcopter

I have a neighbour, he sees a car or van that looks famlier, he calls the tax office with the reg number. once the woman or man replys with the owners name he hangs up. :mad:

I used to have this problem until I built a house away from the rest of the "civilians"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Ya I hate nosy people. Especially when you meet someone after a while and they barrage you with questions. Then you ask them anything and it's some non-committal reply. It's insulting!
    Living in the country there are those that stare out their windows too. They have to know who's car just passed on down the road or who went for a walk.

don't worry :p so are you going with the piss option or the donuts?? :pac:

Maybe a combo of both...piss on her donuts?:P

• Advertisement

I cant lie. :o

Think up something good for them and let them make an arse of themselves retelling it to someone else, you'll get used to it :D

My sister was going to London yearssssssssss ago and this particularly nosey old git was sitting across from our house at an ungodly hour simply just to watch. She took exception to this, she was emigrating not putting on a show. So she turned to the parents in the doorway and loudly asked "Do ye think it's showing yet?", then looked all upset and jumped into the car :pac:

Maybe a combo of both...piss on her donuts?:P

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

They sit in restaurants and get offended by mothers breastfeeding their babies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭samina

I know a nosey ole bag and it's rubbed off on her children. They stand around to watch what your taking out of your car, ask who people are that are coming and going. Sometimes I tell them to mind their own business but when I have nothing better to do I wind them up and wait to see how long it takes for the story to come back to me :)

Think up something good for them and let them make an arse of themselves retelling it to someone else, you'll get used to it :D

My sister was going to London yearssssssssss ago and this particularly nosey old git was sitting across from our house at an ungodly hour simply just to watch. She took exception to this, she was emigrating not putting on a show. So she turned to the parents in the doorway and loudly asked "Do ye think it's showing yet?", then looked all upset and jumped into the car :pac:

oh dear, that was good.

there is this old couple in colooney that lives across the road from a friend of mine. they go out and sit in there car with their packed luch and flask of tea. they take everything in.

one day my friend and I got fake blood and he dads bee bee gun. My friend shot me with it as I walked passed the car. I fell to the ground and covered myself in fake blood. they nearly had a heart attack. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Are you Chinese?

cruiser178 wrote: »
    Are you Chinese?

:D No im not, that was to express my anger towards nosy people. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I think there should be more nosey people about. Whilst passing a bus stop I noticed that the three people there were on their Androids totally oblivious as to what was going on around them. I thought to myself "do you know what, if a bank robbery or murder took place in front of them they would be useless in the investigation cos they would not have noticed a thing". Its amazing how things have changed and them with video cameras that they could tape the crime but no; probably too busy updating FB instead of updating the FBI.

probably too busy updating FB instead of updating the FBI.

http://www.facebook.com/FBI?ref=ts

Ah, assumptions :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I never had anything interesting enough to find out about :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Cool thread now tell me what ye all had for dinner and when ye went to the toilet last :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

KKkitty wrote: »
    Cool thread now tell me what ye all had for dinner and when ye went to the toilet last :)

Well I made a roasted pepper wrap but I think it was gone bad but then I thought ah its only a pepper and I thought to myself can you actually get sick from a pepper omg lolz! So anyway I sliced its up and I was thinking wow am I doing this wrong because you know the way theres a right way to cut an apple or an orange like no one ever shows you how to cut a pepper, and then when I was putting it in the grill I thought to myself wow this doesnt actually need oil or anything!!! to cook its like weird because its a plant and thats it because usually when I eat food its like in a plastic wrapper but then again this was in a plastic wrapper so I supposed its like almost processed omg lol. So I went to the loo earlier and I thought ew I think I can smell sewage and then I thought well duuuuh its a bathroom, and I noticed how cluttered the tiny room had become because I haven't done my washing in ages and hey isn't it weird how if you have a flat and the bathroom is at the front of the flat then its lioke one wall between your bathroom and someone elses room and the hall where anyone could be EVEN A RAPIST! but thats okay because theyre usually outside anyway, but thats okay because I dont go outside much especially not on the grass BECAUSE A DOG COULD HAVE PISSED THERE!

..you were saying?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 58 ✭✭Mouldy Mary

I am retired and live in an apartment block. Some of the neighbours can tell so much about everybody else it is unreal. When the last time their mother visited to the name of the carpet fitter who put down what grade of carpet in which room. I honestly have no idea how they get their information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

ne day my friend and I got fake blood and he dads bee bee gun. My friend shot me with it as I walked passed the car. I fell to the ground and covered myself in fake blood. they nearly had a heart attack. :pac:

I think that's a lie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Saa what colour was the pepper :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement