Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do others find iMessage unreliable?

• 01-04-2012 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Not sure if the issue is between different network operators but I find huge delays in sending txt messages via iMessage. Sometimes it takes 5 hrs for the recipient to receive, pretty useless if you're trying to organise a night out or something! Anyway, switching it off and reverting back to old school Text Messaging only.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Ive had no problems with mine. maybe it could be your internet connection. Or the connection of the recipient on the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Yes I have the same problems and friends and family have had the same issues too.

Firmly switched off

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

No problems here. In fact, I was just thinking the other day how seamlessly it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,448 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Mine seems to work fine, but then again only a handful of my regular contacts seem to have it enabled. A few times I've noticed (presumably when in a poor signal area) that the message is "sent as text message" and the bubble goes green. I would assume this is how it should work. If it's taking more than a couple of seconds to deliver, then it should revert to SMS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

JoeA3 wrote: »
    Mine seems to work fine, but then again only a handful of my regular contacts seem to have it enabled. A few times I've noticed (presumably when in a poor signal area) that the message is "sent as text message" and the bubble goes green. I would assume this is how it should work. If it's taking more than a couple of seconds to deliver, then it should revert to SMS.

Yes, iMessage is suppose to revert to standard SMS if it can't send via iMessage or if the recepient is not an IOS user, however this doesn't happen for me all the time and hence the delays. I seem to get the issue when sending between different network operators. I find the "WhatsApp" more reliable! Hopefully it's just a temporary buggy situation. I'm and O2 and experience the issue sending to both Three and Vodaphone users

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yeah try WhatsApp. For the most part I find it great but sometimes the messages do not get delivered unless the person starts the app the odd time. Give it a try though, its the best app around IMO

Advertisement