Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was your favourite childhood game??

Options
  • 01-04-2012 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Let's open a can of nostalgia ;)

favourite childhood game? 25 votes

Hide and seek
    0% 0 votes
    tip the can
    8% 2 votes
    chasing
    44% 11 votes
    cops and robbers
    8% 2 votes
    pretend ira
    12% 3 votes
    manhunt
    20% 5 votes
    other
    8% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

pretend IRA? What the actual fcuk?? ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Jaysus I hope Manhunt was nothing like the video game :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭Sarn

There was a game we played called woods chasing, which it seems was a variant of manhunt. I don't remember the specifics but it generally involved people running all over the place climbing trees and hiding in bushes until everyone was caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Tip the can was great craic, found ira too boring at times since games lasted ages, tip the can was always in a small area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

No idea what Pretend IRA is... but my best mate was a protestant when growing up... so im sure it would have been awesome ! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

What the hell was IRA?

We used to love building forts in woods and ditches, playing pretend shooting games "bang you're dead [person's name] to which you'd offen hear "fúck off you can't see me!" :D, tip the can, bows and arrows (was always someone left bleeding after those games ;P ), murder in the dark was also a lot of fun oooh and making swords.

So beating the ****e out of each other featured promently in our games lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,128 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

While i loved manhunt we also played chasing but with a tennis ball, so the person who is "it" has a tennis ball and has to hit you with it etc... was great craic, still remember making a couple of awesome headshots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Herrick wrote: »
    Jaysus I hope Manhunt was nothing like the video game :eek::eek::eek:

or the website :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Tip the Can out of those.

Probably nods and volleys or World Cup with playing soccer though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

manhunt was great, grew up beside saint annes park and used to play it there every day during the summer holidays, two teams of 5-10 of us, and when ye got caught ye got the shyte beaten out of ye :D haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Basketball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

What is Tip the Can?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Used to love IRA. Not sure why because I'd usually end up getting the crap beat up out of me by the bigger kids and I was too brave/stupid to give up my letter. Ended up getting half drowned in a barrel of water one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,016 ✭✭✭Wossack

kerbs (curbs?), or squares

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Wallball, kerbs, tip the can mostly.

We also played this great game where you had to tell a story, and it could be about anything, but as soon as THE BOILER BURST!!

*Everyone runs away*

Advertisement