Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would be regarded good page views for a new website

Options
  • 01-04-2012 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

Hi, im wondering what would be regarded as a good amount of page views each day, i started a website a few weeks ago and its now getting 400 to 500 page views a day(not hits). Would this be good? its an e commerce site in a niche market.Im hoping to attract some banner advertising where i would do a straight deal per month etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sophiekearns

The magic figure from what I have heard is 100,000 page impressions per month before advertising agents start to sit up an take notice. If you are using google analytics that would be page views.

I am not sure how that would translate to visitors but lets say most visitors would look at 5 pages per visit then that would be about 20,000 visits per month - 700 per day.. are you getting anything near that?

It very much depends on the area you are in though. If your site was being used almost excluslvely by parents than you a have cornered a demographic area. Every visitor you have is a potential customer for a company selling childrens products. That would make it more attractive again an smaller numbers might still be of interest. Obviously as your site is an ecommence one you are limited to advertisers that don't conflict with your own target market which might limit things a bit.

I have done some study in this area and have an interest in it but I am not an expert. I hope this helps somewhat.

Best of luck anyway. Sounds like you are doing well to be getting such numbers so soon after launching. Well done!

btw - if you want to DM me (or post here) this site link for some thoughts feel free. If you are not comfortable with that no worries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

Hello,

The monthly figures for a website I manage are roughly:

Page Views: 463,319
    Unique Visitors: 144,845 to 250K depending on season.

These figures attract paid advertising.

Hope that gives you an idea of the type of traffic levels you might need to attract.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sophiekearns

Hello,

The monthly figures for a website I manage are roughly:

Page Views: 463,319
    Unique Visitors: 144,845 to 250K depending on season.

These figures attract paid advertising.

Hope that gives you an idea of the type of traffic levels you might need to attract.

They are excellent figures. I would imaging you are comfortably attracting advertising with those figures though and they would be well above the traffic required to interest advertisers .. or am I off the mark here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

They are excellent figures. I would imaging you are comfortably attracting advertising with those figures though and they would be well above the traffic required to interest advertisers .. or am I off the mark here?

To be honest, yes that attracts interest but not a rock n roll lifestyle by any means, a lot of course depends on your niche market.

The site I quoted is seasonal so there are definitely quiet months with regards to Adsense revenue and advertiser enquiries.

You are correct in saying that for some niche markets you wouldn't need that amount of traffic to attract interest.

I would also say that longevity is also an important part of the game, I've seen strong web traffic for over 6 months solid now and that brings me to the attention of the 'big players' online. Also the site has been online nearly 4 years and again that attracts long term advertising investment.

Having a separate blog also gives extra bargaining power as that's another avenue for advertisers to bid on.

Get the traffic and yes the advertisers will follow but you really do have to 'sell' yourself daily to keep the interest going.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ket

Figure of page views is good, don't worry you can improve more than first figure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 vikashmundaa

calerbass wrote: »
    Hi, im wondering what would be regarded as a good amount of page views each day, i started a website a few weeks ago and its now getting 400 to 500 page views a day(not hits). Would this be good? its an e commerce site in a niche market.Im hoping to attract some banner advertising where i would do a straight deal per month etc.

Traffic is good for a new one but what type of traffic is that is it social traffic or organic search traffic? That would give me some clear idea!

Advertisement