Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

upc phone

• 01-04-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭

I'm sick of this piece of kit that came with the b/band. ( Gigaset AS200 ).

Can anyone recommend a decent phone with speaker, answering, etc that can sit in my hall, next door to pc room, and pick up the signal.

Not very techhie as you can see.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

mattser wrote: »
    I'm sick of this piece of kit that came with the b/band. ( Gigaset AS200 ).

Can anyone recommend a decent phone with speaker, answering, etc that can sit in my hall, next door to pc room, and pick up the signal.

Not very techhie as you can see.

On the back of the modem is just a normal phone socket.

Just about any phone set will do you it does not even have to be cordless.

Only very old phones will dial wheels won't work.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭mattser

Thanks for that

Problem sorted. Bye, bye, Siemens AS200.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭Alun

mattser wrote: »
    Problem sorted. Bye, bye, Siemens AS200.
    Out of interest, what's wrong with it? I have a Siemens AS180 that I bought myself, and there's nothing wrong with it at all, in fact Siemens Gigaset phones are considered some of the best ones out there along with Panasonic.

Alun wrote: »
    Out of interest, what's wrong with it? I have a Siemens AS180 that I bought myself, and there's nothing wrong with it at all, in fact Siemens Gigaset phones are considered some of the best ones out there along with Panasonic.

2 things really. 1/ No speaker 2/ The cradle and receiver are positioned in such a way, that half the time the phone slides out when being replaced.
    No more, thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Loads of choice in the Argos catalogue.

Either use the BT to Irish adaptor that comes with the phone, or swap the cord for an Irish one (doesn't always work but usually does)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement